Who has retained their weight after 12 years?

jerry M.
on 11/7/18 7:03 pm

I got my RNY in 2006 and maintained my weight at a steady 200 lbs for 12 years. But when I retired I gained some weight, but it is not weight, as I still weigh 200 lbs. I think I'm not getting all the exercise I got when working, but I look bigger. How is everyone else doing in their battle? You still the same after you leveled off?

White Dove
on 11/8/18 10:41 am - Warren, OH

A lot of people look skinny and sunken in after extreme weight loss. As time goes on, we tend to fill in more. If the scale is the same, then you have not gained weight (unless the scale is broken or needs a battery). Love the kitty.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

jerry M.
on 11/9/18 11:05 pm

Well with me it was when my clothes got tighter and knew they weren't shrinking - or well, they could be as I do my own laundry. We know fat weighs less than muscle. So I haven't been exercising and probably lost some muscle and gained some fat but still weigh the same. Drat! Well, no matter, will just have to go for a walk everyday, weather permitting. Give me a high five for that!

ScaleSkater
on 11/9/18 1:17 pm

How did you determine you are gaining weight? Is it due to clothes getting tight? Or was it a particular photo you saw where you felt you looked heavy? If clothes are actually tight, I suspect it could be your body composition changing due to not getting "work exercise." What did you do?

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

jerry M.
on 11/9/18 10:57 pm

Well the clothes are getting tighter so I suspect I'm getting some fat and maybe losing some muscle due to not getting exercise. I've started going on walks (when the weather holds out here in Oregon). I guess I got fooled and thought I was still doing well according to the scales, until I found my shirts were getting a bit tight. Me and my daughter.

White Dove
on 11/9/18 11:33 pm, edited 11/9/18 3:34 pm - Warren, OH

I use a scale that measures weight, BMI, fat, muscle, water and bone density.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/10/18 11:09 am

When I was MO, I was still very active. I had very strong muscles and dense and strong bones. As I lost the weight, over time, I lost not only fat but also muscles. And since my bones don't need to carry so much weight around, I would be not surprised that my bones density went down. Staying the same weight as you were, but increase in size of vloclot, may indicate, as you already stated, loss of muscles mass and possibly bones density.

When I exercised, I built a lot of muscle. Amy weight did not change mych, but i needed smaller clothes. When I stop actively worked out very hards, the trends reversed itself. I am back to be more fluffy than fit.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathy S.
on 11/13/18 11:42 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Me

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?