What's on you Sunday menu, RNY'ers?

catwoman7
on 11/11/18 7:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

someone else is probably starting a menu thread for today as I'm typing this!!

anyone have a QOTD?

Haircut & color this afternoon, then dinner with a friend. I need to somehow cut or modify these social things - it's getting hard to keep a lid on my weekly calorie averages. When I can, I'll schedule more coffee meet-ups - that worked pretty well when I was in the losing stage.

3 years 5 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, homemade blueberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: diced chicken breast and tomato with 2 T hummus on a Flat Out wrap

AS: cottage cheese or L&F yogurt

D: taco?

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 11/11/18 8:09 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I do find coffee meetups easier to navigate than meals. Nobody bats an eye at my Americano with a shot of SF caramel, and it's minimal calories if any.

My cousin invited me as her date to her company's (she works for Google) Harry Potter themed "Yule Ball," so yesterday we went shopping for formalwear. I felt super anxious about spending money on a dress I'd likely not fit to wear again, but then I figured...even if I was in maintenance, I'd likely not have a reason to wear a formal gown again! Even if I did, chances are good I'd want a different dress anyway to suit whatever occasion it was for. Posted below are the dress I ended up LOVING (a ball gown with sleeves AND POCKETS), and the witch hat I plan to wear with it. I will likely embellish the hat with Ravenclaw house oriented items like a ribbon and a HP brooch. The other pic I added was a small NSV--growing up, my cousin was always a skinny mini, and while she's put on some meat as an adult, I NEVER dreamed we'd be able to shop in the same stores, let alone try on the same dress. Neither of us ended up liking the dress--wasn't flattering on either of us. But we had fun with it!

No plans for today except laundry and writing for NaNoWriMo.

breakfast: coffee with almond milk already in my tummy. When DH wakes up I'll make brunch--egg and veggie scramble with sausage links (I'll likely have 1 eggs, about 1/2 C of veggies scrambled in, and 2 sausage links)

no lunch per se due to late breakfast, but I might have a snack of Greek yogurt

Dinner: homemade chicken noodle soup (sans noodles) in the crock pot. I'm using a whole chicken, and added a ton of onion, carrot, celery, and fresh garden herbs.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Maddymoe2
on 11/11/18 9:23 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Beautiful Cassie!!!

Au_Contraire
on 11/11/18 12:50 pm

Love your dress, Cassie! It'll look great with the embellished witch hat, and it has pockets for your wand!

Writergurl08
on 11/11/18 5:03 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I announced that very thing upon discovering the pockets, and I'm pretty sure the dress saleswoman thought I was crazy.

Partlypollyanna
on 11/11/18 1:43 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

You look beautiful! That's a NSV that I can totally relate to also! What a fun day! Also, I want to work somewhere rather have a Harry Potter themed formal party!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Kakesie
on 11/11/18 2:08 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

You look gorgeous, Cassie! Have so much fun at the Harry Potter ball!

Greateight
on 11/11/18 3:01 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

That looks fun. Have you seen the Pendleton Harry Potter house blankets? I got my daughter a Hufflepuff blanket last year and she informed me that she had been sorted and ended un in Slytherin!! Can you imagine? so we had to send it back to get a Slytherin blanket of all things. I got my sons the Star Wars blankets but they were indifferent so now me and my wife use them when we are watching TV

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Writergurl08
on 11/11/18 5:09 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I'm not familiar with Pendleton blankets, but DH and I do sleep on a Harry Potter bedding set :P our comforter has the Hogwarts school logo and our pillowcases represent each house. We got 4 sets of sheets--green, blue, yellow, and red. So our bed represents each house pending the laundry cycle lol. I also have a giant fleece Ravenclaw blanket that I use as my "cuddle up and read" blanket

Au_Contraire
on 11/11/18 6:47 pm

I do love Pendleton blankets, but mine are mostly traditional Native American designs, plus I have a couple of thick, creamy, warm Hudson Bay blankets, one by Faribault and one by Pendleton. I also have another couple of interesting and beautiful Faribault blankets, one with a colorful design of autumn leaves, and another with a design of running paint horses. But they're all up at our summer house, 3000 miles away!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views