What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 1/21/19 7:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think that is a great mindset to be in Sheila! We can get very fixated on the number and possibly undo a lot of the mental health things we get from the surgery/lifestyle changes we've made! Good for you for taking ownership and adjusting your path.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/21/19 8:03 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I am with you on this struggle, Sheila!! I'm trying not to over restrict and have given up on C/AMAW challenges as they really do a number on me too. This is for life so consistency is key for me - sow and steady is best. Keep up the great work Sheila - you're are amazing!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Sheila_H
on 1/21/19 8:09 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Thanks Amy, we can do this together.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 1/21/19 8:08 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like you have a plan in place that works for you and that is what matters.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 1/21/19 12:24 pm

You are healthy, fit, slim and gorgeous! There is no benefit to restrictions that throw us off balance. I felt the same thing when I did AMAW. I lost weight, but swung up and down for the next couple of weeks, feeling like I'd lost my grip. I still eat almost entirely CAMAW, so for me that is a comfort zone, but AMAW is rough.

yvonnef1964
on 1/21/19 8:35 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Daisy, I hope the food elimination helps your migraines. I remember how hard it's too function. I'll pray for relief.

Its bitter cold in Michigan and I'm freezing in my apartment even though the thermostat is set at 74 and that's the highest it will go since the apartment complex pays the heating. This is really the first bad weather we've had this winter but it can go away already.

Im really worried about my dad, he's having a hard time walking and every week when I go there, it's getting worse. He can't get into the orthopedic doctor until February 21. Yesterday he also wore his oxygen almost the whole time I was there. He says he's not sleeping good either due to the pain.

Update on Misty, she turned bad Thursday. When I got home from work, she wasn't at the door waiting for me. I was calling out for her and finally heard a faint meow. I finally found her, she was hiding under a table in the dining room. She was holding her paw up and it looked a little swollen. She started to limp so I called the veterinarian, they said she was probably having pain in her feet. They were ready to close so I couldn't get the medicine until Friday morning. When I tried to pick her up she got howling, hissing and biting me especially when I tried to look at that particular foot. By Friday morning she was back to her loving self, cuddling with me in bed but I still went and got the pain medication but didn't see the veterinarian. She's been doing fine since. She's playing more but still goes in streaks with her eating. She takes the pills really well.

Qotd when I do listen to music, it's Christian music stations. I have about 3 that I listen to. I switch thru them especially if it's the same song they played the death out of it and makes me cringe when I hear it now.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and canned fruit.

D support group unless I wait to eat till I get home. Lately the food been terrible and cold on Monday nights. I think they're cooking it at home and bringing it to the church.

Have a good day

Emiepie
on 1/21/19 8:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry about your dad and Misty. I hope things get better for all of you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 1/21/19 12:12 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I hope your dad and Misty are getting better. I've heard that declawing can be really painful. I haven't had any cats declawed in probably 40 years, but I remember when I had my first cat declawed (my father insisted I do it), she was fine after awhile and it never seemed to bother her after that. I wonder if Misty had an infection or something? At any rate, it sounds like she's getting better.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 1/21/19 12:29 pm

I'm sorry that your dad is not well, and I hope that things improve for him. So glad that little Misty is feeling herself again! Stay as warm as you can - layers layers layers!

seattledeb
on 1/21/19 9:29 am

Reading this thread made me cold. I'm so happy I live in Seattle.

7 years ago today I got the call for my kidney.

I like to listen to good voices in all genres.

We are going out for brunch to celebrate. I like when other people prepare the bacon. Then it's off to Costco. I know I'll buy a chicken.

My meal plan in my head these days is 3 meats and a yogurt. No sugar.