So Frustrated!

NYMom222
on 2/14/19 5:22 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Did you speak to the Doctor's office yet? They need to know what is going on. Don't just make an appointment. Talk to someone now.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ShanaC
on 2/14/19 10:31 am - Cleveland, OH

I've told them everything. I'm thinking that I was just trying foods my small stomach wasn't ready for. It's been a complete turn around as of lately. I've been able to eat a little baked tilapia just fine... will try more today. I've also been able to keep down fluids. I'm still spitting sometimes, but I think that's from the dye in these sugar free drinks (I didn't drink these mixes much before surgery). What little I do spit is often the drink color. I'm going to try the clear water enhancers soon. I feel better now that I'm not so thirsty. I think the not so sweet drinks are doing it lol. Today I made sugar free cherry lemonade kool aid.

Jan. 22, 2019 had RNY surgery. Please send positive thoughts and prayers my way. Thanks!

Height 5'10" / HW 330 / CW 295

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/16/19 6:43 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Sugar free popciclyles helped me a lot - forced me to intake slowly so little upset. I did not bake fish at first - I was told to poach it,, so that was what I did. If your tuna was out of a can - i would not have eaten it for 6 months after surgery. It would have been to strong for me at a few weeks.

Cottage cheese with a spoonful of spagetti sauce and heated in microwave was a favorite - bariatric 'lasagna'

Sharon

ShanaC
on 2/18/19 7:06 am - Cleveland, OH

I'll try poaching fish once I get back into eating. Right now everything with a little weight to it wants to come back up (even meds). I've been sipping on various fluids including Gatorade Zero until I hear from the surgeon today.

Jan. 22, 2019 had RNY surgery. Please send positive thoughts and prayers my way. Thanks!

MDJD75
on 2/18/19 7:47 pm
RNY on 01/15/19

I just posted a very similar story. You sound like you are going through exactly what I'm going through. I'm lying in bed now hoping I can keep water down. It's horrible. My surgery was on 1/15 and my doctor thinks I'm just eating too soon. Cottage cheese (about 2 oz at a time) is the only thing that doesn't make me sick.

Hang in there. You aren't alone!

ShanaC
on 2/19/19 12:05 pm - Cleveland, OH

I was prescribed 2 new meds. Took them this morning with a spoonful of non fat Greek yogur****er has sat well in my stomach so far.... but I've also laid in bed all day. I have an appt in the morning for an EGD. My doc thinks, aside from swelling, that I have a stricture. I'm hoping & praying things get fixed tomorrow. This has been a mess. Things were fine right after my hospital discharge. I just want to feel normal again.

shaka70
on 2/19/19 3:01 pm
RNY on 07/09/18

I went through the same thing and my surgeon prescribed me Phenadoz 25mg sup act which is substituted for Phenergan 25mg and I was told to use Gas-X and Miralax. I also invested into a lot of crystal light, pedi. lite, sugar free popsicles. I am not sure if this will work for you but it helped me a lot eventually. I hope that you start to feel better.

ShanaC
on 2/19/19 4:49 pm - Cleveland, OH

I have so many different kinds of sugar free drink mixes that I actually think I've begun to not like them. Some are tasting weird... then again with my meds changing, that could be part of it. I'll try freezing some for popsicles LoL.

A spoonful of non fat Greek yogurt & banana stayed down so hopefully things are on the mend. Now back to my water & Gatorade Zero

Most Active