Whats on your (Photo) Friday menu, RNYers?

Greateight
on 6/7/19 6:13 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody! Friday morning and its very quiet at our house. One of our sons has no finals today and the other one only has a physical education final, so both boys and Marilyn were sleeping when I got back from the gym.

I am working from home today because i have to get tested for measles, mumps & and one other disease. I am in the age group where it is uncertain as to whether we should get immunized again and when I asked my doctor about it, she said that they can't just give me the booster, and that I need to be tested. So that is on tap for today. Fortunately, it isn't a fasting test so I can just bop in.

Janet - I know we are the same age - are you in this measles window also?

QOTD: Only the every 6 month psychiatrist visit that is part of my program. I went to a career councilor when I was up for promotion some years ago and found it helpful and a good experience. The councilor actually found it to be a bad experience, not because of me, but because nobody at my company ever returned his phone calls.

94 Burpees today.

Breakfast: Bratwurst

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: turkey

Snack: PB FIt

Dinner: Lamb

Have a great day, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 6/7/19 6:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had to get a booster, although I wasn't tested - however, I'm a few years older than you guys so I actually had measles and mumps (had them before they came out with the vaccine) - so not sure why I needed the booster to begin with...

Greateight
on 6/7/19 7:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I think that I had them also, Trish, but *****ally knows after all these years...

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 6/7/19 8:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that may be way they gave me the booster - maybe they figured it would have been years ago and I may not be remembering correctly..

Patty R.
on 6/7/19 8:11 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I had them all too! I needed the booster for work several years ago (RN) The R part of the MMR used to be tested for prior to getting a marriage licence, a REAL long time ago LOL

Au_Contraire
on 6/7/19 2:11 pm

I had measles, mumps, chicken pox and scarlet fever all in a row when I started kindergarten at age 4. I was pretty sick especially with the scarlet fever, and I remember being out of school for weeks. I had one especially memorable vision in the middle of the night during this time. The next morning when I asked my mom about it, she told me it was a hallucination due to my fever, but I remember it with crystalline clarity, and even then knew the difference. I have wondered about getting boosters but haven't checked into it yet. I would like to get that newer shingles vaccine, though.

catwoman7
on 6/8/19 4:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

get the shingles vaccine for sure. I had shingles - don't care to ever have it again! I had the vaccine last summer. It's something like 97% effective - halleleujah!! Some people have some weird side effects, but it's still worth it. Shingles is awful!

catwoman7
on 6/7/19 6:26 am, edited 6/6/19 11:28 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Janet - I'm sorry to hear about Lisa - I hope it turns out to be benign! Please keep us posted!!

I'm off to Rockford, IL this morning to meet up with some people for lunch. Two sisters who lived in our apartment building from 1968-1970 when we lived in Ohio. One of them lives in Dekalb, IL now and has for many years, so I've seen her a handful of times in the last couple of years (ever since we realized we only lived a couple of hours apart!), but the other still lives in Ohio and I haven't seen her since 1970! So this will be fun.

weight is down a bit this morning, finally, even though I went over on my calories yesterday (Halo Top last night - plus going out to lunch). But I did 30 minutes on the recumbent bike and then later went on a 60-minute walk with a friend who invited me along to her walking club. Something really odd happened - before we got started on the walk (there were about 10 of us there), we went around and introduced ourselves. There was a woman standing next to me - when she said her name, I remembered that I was at her wedding 30 years ago! (we have a mutual friend in Ohio and when we both moved to Madison about the same time, the Ohio friend encouraged the two of us to get together - so we did. We got together a few times for coffee, but then she got married (and I went to the wedding), so we drifted apart - haven't seen her in years - and didn't recognize her yesterday until I heard her name, due to the passage of time plus sunglasses!). So the two of us walked together - it was so much fun! We'll be doing coffee soon - and I"m going to officially join their walking club!

QOTD: no therapist other than the required visit I had during my pre-op meetings four years ago. I haven't really felt the need but wouldn't hesitate if I needed to do it

4 years out:

B: protein shake, coffee with half & half (I'm flip flopping my usual MS protein shake with breakfast since I'm not meeting those people until 1:00 - I'm afraid if I stuck to my usual routine (breakfast around 7:00), I'd maw at lunch. So I'll have breakfast around 10:00 or 10:30...)

MS: homemade coconut Greek yogurt with mango pieces

L: ?? We're meeting at a Swedish place. I LOVE Swedish pancakes, but I might have to choose something safer. I'm sure they don't make their pancakes with protein powder like I do!

AS: I'll be out of town, so probably nothing. I may not need anything after that lunch, but I'll take a protein bar with me just in case

D: deli turkey slices - plus maybe a salad with balsamic vinegar dressing

ex: I'll hit the stationary bike before I go just in case we don't do much walking around today

this is a weird thing to post, but I bought two end tables for my upcoming porch at a second hand store on Wednesday. $8.50 each! Unbelievable! (they're not really wrought iron - the bases actually weigh less than the plate glass tops) Here's one of them (I sent this to DH before I bought them to make sure he liked them). Now, if I could only find great deals on a rug and a couch for the porch!!

Patty R.
on 6/7/19 7:11 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Great find, beautiful!!

Au_Contraire
on 6/7/19 2:14 pm

Very nice snag!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views