Blood Pressure, how low is to low?

Melody P.
on 8/12/19 10:55 am - Amarillo, TX

My blood pressure has been averaging pretty low the past month or so.

i was very exhausted yesterday, more so than usual. My blood pressure ran around 82/41. Is that to low? My salt intake has been pretty low since surgery in May. I'm also having a lot of dizzy spells.

water intake has been better but I still need to get more in. I'm averaging about 80-95oz most days.

jenorama
on 8/12/19 11:01 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

This is not really a question that can be answered by this board. I'd give your doc a call.

Jen

Emiepie
on 8/12/19 11:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I agree that a call to your dr is the best action. I know I struggled with dizziness (still do) and know of others who have passed out due to low blood pressure. Be careful and call your doc.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/12/19 1:05 pm

It does look it is too low for you;

Symptoms:

• "i was very exhausted yesterday, more so than usual."
  • "I?m also having a lot of dizzy spells."

our portions are small and we often eat less processed foods than before WLS. In summer I often have to add salt capsules. And more water. My curren****er intake is app 100-150 oz per day.

Expect to see some weight gain - salt would help retain some water, this way increasing the number on a scale. Dehydration - losing too much water - would cause not real fat weight loss...

When i eat normally and see a drastic drop in my weight, I often thing of getting dehydrated, not losing weight.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/19 5:18 pm

A mysterious question ...as an athlete my bp drops ridiculously low for a few hours after strenuous excercise . Hbp is SO dangerous and a tot silent killer ....you're gonna hav 2 learn 2 manage this

ScaleSkater
on 8/13/19 8:14 am

My doctor wants me to monitor my blood pressure and call her immediately if I hit 90 on the upper number or below that. But agree - this is a question for your doctor.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics