What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 11/13/19 3:55 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi JB and all. Brrrrr. It's like 25 here and the house feels freaking freezing. Insomnia struck and I have been up since 4 am. I finally got up at 5, banged out a TON of work, and just decided I am going to an 8:30 am class at the gym since I am sure I will NOT be motivated when the day ends - I will be a zombie.

QOTD: OMG we had the same childhood. My mom ALWAYS packed a lunch, and a healthy one at that. Well, what passed for healthy in the 80s. All low fat. We had wheat bread - not soft honey wheat, but real hearty wheat, with natural peanut butter. I legit drooled over all the kids who got to buy lunch or whose parents packed them wonder bread with Jif! In fact, one girl used to sometimes trade me lunch, and that's how I learned that my mom could not, in fact, tell my menu from a Q-tip in my ear LOL. When I was young, after my bath she would use a Q-tip in my ear and say things like "oh yep, I see you had an apple, I see you had a carrot" and I realized she was lying because I had somehow traded or cajoled some kid into giving me a piece of candy as a trade ha ha.

Now, school meals are disgusting. When the kids tell me what was on the menu, it sounds like a bunch of low quality, high carb, frozen things like chicken nuggets, fake pop tarts, etc. Ugh.

My first Blue Apron delivery comes today so I am stoked to try the gyro-style chicken bowl for dinner.

B: Two hot cups of coffee with half and half and sugar-free syrup. Later I will have a Terumo low carb veggie wrap with 4 oz of smoked trout from Trader Joes and 2 tbsp of high protein whipped cream cheese. 10 pts

L: Chicken taquitos with salsa 9 pts

D: Blue Apron gyro-style chicken bowl 7 pts

E: Step sculpt at 8:30 am. I have never tried this class so I hope I like it!

Have a fab day, everyone!

Sheila_H
on 11/13/19 6:50 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

The q-tip story made me laugh.
It's very empowering when you realize your parents are not know-it-all.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 11/14/19 2:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

My goddaughter never figured out that I was using the rear view mirror and did not actually have yes in the back of my head :)

Boston public schools actually have pretty good school food, and it is getting better every day. The use got a huge grant to redo the kitchens so that every school can cook fresh food instead of just reheat it. Plus they are all getting salad bars, now. It's way healthier than the tater tots and crap they had in the cafeteria when I was a kid.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 11/14/19 5:11 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I remember something called a "cheese dream" they served in our cafeteria. It was legit a hamburger bun with a slice of american cheese slightly melted on each side. We used to sing a song, "Cheese dreams are made of these...rotten bread and moldy cheese" to the tune of "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics LOL.

Maddymoe2
on 11/13/19 4:44 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. Its currently in the 40's here in the PNW. We are looking at a hight today of 53. I am thankful there is no wind.

I am not working today. I need a mental health day. I am just going to stay home and organize and clean. I just feel like I need some quiet time. Work was very stressful yesterday. I am not sure if it is because I am getting older and have less tolerance, or if people are just rude. Maybe a combination of both.

QOTD- Always hot lunches at school. We got free lunches. We had the best lunches. Homemade chili, mashed potatoes with big chunks of turkey, cheese zombies. I loved our cooks! One of them is actually my neighbor. I always see her out on my walks and we chat.

Food for today-

2 cups of black coffee, then lots of hot tea

2 eggs, 1/2 c. cottage cheese with EBB seasoning

roasted turkey breast with mustard

chicken cordon bleu( I found these at Safeway, they are 5 oz , 240 calories, 11 carb and 24 protein, I eat 1/2 of one)

steamed broccoli

I really need to push the fluids today. I have just been feeling thirsty. I think it is a combination of the decongestant that I am on and I only have 70 oz of water yesterday. Goal for the day 120.

Have a great day everyone, stay warm!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/13/19 6:31 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good for you for taking time

for yourself!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 11/13/19 5:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Morning everyone! Exciting morning here, 4 am texts started about the confirmation that my company is accepting an offer for itself. I've been through this a few times (this will be the 7th time!) and it's always interesting times!

Qotd - I started working in the cafeteria serving lunch and breakfast, in 7th grade and worked there until I graduated. It eliminated having to be on free lunch/breakfast, let my picky self decide what I wanted to eat (chocolate milk every day not just fridays) and minimized my having to socialize (I was a shy kid). Winning all around!

menu today is a bit up in the air, I know they are bringing in breakfast and lunch - hoping for a yogurt breakfast, lunch will be Rudy's bbq which I love and will stick to whatever the meat is. Dinner is Mexican and I'm a bit struggling, my go to in Colorado in green chile but that's not on the menu here - maybe just fajitas and eat the meat/veggies.

have a spectacular Wednesday everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 11/13/19 12:51 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You are a trooper, Jen! I was at a tech company that was bought by a private equity firm and it was hell. Everyone good left. It was so sad. How you have survived seven sales is nothing short of miraculous! You are obviously great at what you do that every company retains you!

Theduffman27
on 11/13/19 5:01 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and menu folks. Balmy 7 degrees here this morning. We woke up to 10" yesterday, I am not ready for this weather. I loved it when I was younger.

QOTD - I always had a brown bag lunch, I can remember my Mother had bought a Tupperware Lunchbox for me, I refused to use it, I preferred the simple brown bag. One of my favorites was Peanut butter and fluff and the PB had to be Jif!

B - Bacon and cheddar omellette

S -- ham roll up

L - Salami and cheese

S - cukes and dip

D - meatballs and mozz over spaghetti squash.

E - Gym night - stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Teenie
on 11/13/19 6:41 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Just letting you know I am smelling of Carnival today and really liking it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 445 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views