What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 11/19/19 7:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Argh! Sorry to hear that you'll likely be without power again. I am glad you have a generator now.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

stacyrg
on 11/19/19 9:36 am
VSG on 05/12/14

OM Sheila. I saw that and told all my friends to book me a room as an early birthday present. I can't imagine anytin better. A Nutella themed hotel in beautiful Napa valley!

Sheila_H
on 11/19/19 11:47 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

IKR? I always tell my family if I ever get a diagnosis that I would be dying soon, I'd fill up the bath tub with Nutella and just eat myself into a coma!
I hope you get in there and make sure to let me know. I'm almost tempted to just drive up to Napa to see what it's like.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 11/19/19 3:34 pm - Warren, OH

There was a lady years ago at a Weigh****chers meeting who said she grew up in Hershey, PA. She said the smell of chocolate would be all over the town. She wanted to fall into a vat of chocolate and just drink it until she drowned.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sheila_H
on 11/19/19 5:00 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

My soul sister

As a kid my fantasy was to be locked up in two places : the icecream/chocolate shop, and the library. If they had an icecream/chocolate shop in a library, I could be locked up for the rest of my life.

White Dove
on 11/19/19 8:19 pm - Warren, OH

There was an episode of the Twilight Zone. This timid guy wanted to read books and his nagging wife would yell at him to put the books down and do some work.

One day it is the end of the world and he happens to get trapped for eternity at the public library when everything else is destroyed. He realizes he can read books forever and his wife won't be there to nag him.

Of course being the Twilight Zone, there is a weird twist. A brick falls and smashes his eyeglasses. He has all the books he can ever read, but can't read without his glasses.

Sheila_H
on 11/20/19 1:51 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Big fan of Twilight Zine and I remember that episode because it gave me the heebie jeebies, thinking you have all the books but can't read them. I thought he stepped on his glasses but I might be remembering it wrong. My saving grace is that although I'm blind as a bat for distance I don't need glasses for reading.

White Dove
on 11/20/19 5:35 am - Warren, OH

You are right of course. I can see something coming down and shattering the glasses and now realize it was his shoe.

To Serve Man and the one with the little elf on the outside of the airplane are the two that were really spooky to me. I have had flights when I looked out at the wing of a plane, just in case.

After Rpd Sterling died, I used to think if anyone would find a way to come back and tell us about the afterlife, it would be Rod Sterling.

Sheila_H
on 11/20/19 7:14 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Eek...to serve man, I literally shrieked when I saw the ending.
The absolute first episode that I saw was Nightmare at 20,000 feet because "Captain Kirk" was in it.
When DS was in elementary school and went to a wonderful after school program in the afternoon, we bought the whole series in DVD and donated it to the after school program. They had movie day once a week.

White Dove
on 11/20/19 9:54 am - Warren, OH

I was in elementary school when the Twilight Zone was on TV. I had one teacher who was very interested in Rod Sterling and told us a lot about him. She said that he was working on a machine that would let him leave his body and come back to it. I have no idea where she heard that, but it seemed feasible at the time classroom of ten year old students.

I remember worrying that he would die trying to do that and when he died at 50 years old wondering if he had ever really had that machine.

What a neat thing to buy all of the DVD's and then donate them. That would be so fun for you and for that students who saw them.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?