Revision surgery in Mexico

KayLavonne
on 12/5/19 12:49 pm

Hello All,

Me and my husband is considering me having a revision surgery in Mexico, since my job does not have this as a covered expense ( I have exhausted all of my appeals). Has anyone went to Mexico? Good experiences? Bad experiences? I am revising from Sleeve to Bypass. I know there is a forum for Mexico in the community section, but it tends to be inactive. I could really use some help in our research. Please be as expressive and detailed as possible!!!!!

Thanks

MarinaGirl
on 12/14/19 12:52 pm

The only place I would consider is Mexicali Bariatric Center. They're well known on ObesityHelp and the folks that have had surgery with them have been very pleased with their care and results.

http://www.mexicalibariatric.com/

sleeved524
on 1/22/20 9:23 am
RNY on 01/30/20 with

Kay,

What insurance do you have..why is the reason the denied your revision? My doctor simply sent in information that it was medically necessary due to GERD.. and it was approved in 3 days!

I have NYSHIP EMPIRE!

When i was denied the first time for my sleeve and i appealed my doctor sent them in 100 pages of follow ups i guess that did it for them..lolol Same doctor all 3 surgeries! lol..

KayLavonne
on 1/22/20 9:57 am

Ive appealed times and even appealed with the state... I also have severe GERD... still denied. My employer would have to purchase a ryder in order for bariatrics to be covered. And since I work at a small non profit, the company cannot afford the ryder.

sleeved524
on 1/23/20 7:41 am
RNY on 01/30/20 with

Kay,

oh ok your job insurance doesn't cover bariatrics. got it!

did you get your first WLS in Mexico too or under another insurance?

KayLavonne
on 1/23/20 10:49 am

Nope... First surgery was on Medicaid

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views