What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 1/8/20 1:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Team, Happy Hump Day! I had a really productive day off yesterday. I had a lot of little tiny weird things that were haunting my to-do list and I think I got through 95% of them. I didn't ever tackle that work project like I should have though, and I was feeling really guilty about it until I got an email from a coworker at 6pm telling me she thought all of the data was going to change and hoped I hadn't done much... WIN!

Accountability: Another perfect day. Carbs at 17, and I did my planned workout at the gym, then also biked at home :)

QOTD: What's something you really resent paying for? I despise paying for dry cleaning! I have a big pile that I haven't brought in because I feel so annoyed that I have to pay someone to clean my clothes. I also hate paying for public transportation. The commuter train is okay, but too expensive ($10 each way!), but the subway should be free. They did a study a few years ago and discovered that if they made it free and stopped making the tokens and paying ticket takers, etc, they would make a profit. So every time they raise fares, I growl a little.

BTW, I made the yummiest thing in the air fryer last night. I took thin sliced pork loin medallions and coated them in egg, almond flour & parmesan cheese. In the air fryer for 7 minutes. Juicy inside, crispy breading, super low carb

and very tasty!

Exercise: Elliptical and/or Bike... Probably no walking today--too much snow fell overnight :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 1/8/20 2:40 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! We took down our Christmas tree last night. We had a live tree up until last year and we always took it down the day after Christmas because I couldn't deal with the needle shed anymore. We had a fake tree this year and it was just so cozy in our livingroom with it up. But, it was time, I suppose. I just loved sipping coffee by the light of the tree at 5am!

QOTD: I resent paying for parking. Our public transit (buses) are free but they do not reach outside the borders of the town. In fact, our bus system is free because it's funded by employee parking at UNC. We lived in town for the first year and I took the bus and it was great, but it did take me about 40 minutes to get home just 4 miles in the afternoons. I had strategically figured out what parts I could walk faster and what parts the bus made more sense. I pay about $1,000/yr for my work parking space and my husband and I carpool together and he has a motorcycle pass that costs him about $400/yr. If he got another parking permit it would be another $1,500!

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Avocado Toast w/ an egg
  • Turkey, Salami, Cheese roll ups
  • Salad w/ turkey & cheese (it's quick food night as kid #2 has dance)

I went to PT yesterday and I've been told no running for at least another week. I have exercises I need to do in that time to hopefully strengthen my hip.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Emiepie
on 1/8/20 7:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the PT helps your hip.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MadisonRose
on 1/8/20 3:38 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! Not looking forward to work after the day from hell I had yesterday. Hoping today will be better! It was just crazy busy and stressful yesterday.

QOTD: definitely parking. At a previous job when I first started working second shift, me and a couple of other girls would park in the parking garage because by the time we got off at midnight the parking attendant would be gone so we parked for free. They had another parking lot downtown that we could park in for free, but it involved taking a shuttle there and it was in a bad part of town and was a very dark parking lot....not enough lighting. And after being stranded in that lot one night when my car wouldn't crank I said I'd never park there again. We just didn't feel safe. However, they eventually had it where there was a parking attendant in the garage 24/7 so we had to start paying to park there which I thought was so stupid having to pay to park to go to work.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: turkey and cheese roll up

D: salmon and broccoli

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Greateight
on 1/8/20 4:24 am, edited 1/7/20 8:28 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Thank you for the sweet well wishes yesterday. It's super cold here in Chicago today. I haven't gone out yet, but Marilyn did and she already warned me about it. Right now, I am bundled up in fleeces and blankets.

I had a few things at work that had piled up yesterday, so it ended up being kind of a busier day than I thought. Today may be a bit slower. This isn't usually a busy week as clients are still getting back in the swing of things after their vacations.

Today is the last of my watermelon flavored calcium chews. I have been pining for the caramel chews ever since August. If the pharmacy doesn't have have caramel, I think that I will just get unflavored pills and order the caramel by mail. Watermelon did not do it for me.

QOTD: Since I am a partner in partnership rather than an employee I have to pay all of my taxes on a quarterly basis. It's been that way for 17 years, but each quarter as I tell Marilyn that we have a payment due she is shocked and horrified.

Breakfast: Sausage and cottage cheese

Snack: Cheese

Lunch: Pork

snack:nuts

dinner: TBD

weightlifting tonight so no gym otherwise.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 1/8/20 5:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it's supposed to be a LOT warmer tomorrow - back up in the 40s! We're headed down tonight because I have my last follow-up with my plastic surgeon tomorrow morning. I'm glad I'll miss most of the cold. We may walk around a bit after my appointment as long as it isn't raining or something. 40s in January in Chicago is wnoderful - might as well enjoy it while it lasts!

Teenie
on 1/8/20 7:05 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I do the Bariatric Advantage Chews. They have many flavors but I go between the Caramel, Chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate(they taste Like tootsie rolls.) I pay $33.95 for 90. What brand are you currently using and if you don't mind what are you paying for them?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 1/8/20 5:46 pm, edited 1/8/20 9:46 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Hi Chrissie! I take Celebrate. They are $31.95 for 90 and I get $5 on a punch card when I buy 5. I know Im kind of a baby to keep taking chewables this far out.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 1/8/20 5:59 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

As long as you're taking them, I say take what works best for you!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 1/9/20 7:16 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I use my calcium as a treat. I don't find using them as a bad thing. If I get a craving and it's time I'll grab it. It's my little treat 3x a day.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views