What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 1/29/20 2:02 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I know, I was kidding... but I did have a meeting on Monday with the staff from my Chinatown School and they are feeling pretty panicky about it because of the delayed symptoms.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 1/28/20 7:45 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

it's so weird how that just popped up out of the blue (of course, that's what happened with HIV years ago). I always thought it was just something that cats got.

Patty R.
on 1/28/20 12:56 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Time to buy and wear the masks, and use the hand sanitizer! You too, JB

catwoman7
on 1/28/20 5:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

busy day today - meeting with a friend this morning who I think wants me to help plan a group trip to Japan she's planning for herself & several friends (I think she's including me in her "several friends", but I'm not sure I want to go. I've already been to Japan twice and although I liked it, there are so many other places I want to go and so few years left to do it (well, probably 15 or so - but still, I want to see a lot more than 15 places!)). She wants to go spring of 2021. She's 85 years old. I'm also a little concerned about what kind of shape she'll be in to travel at that point - although she's pretty robust now, so maybe she'll be fine.. After that, I'm going to a luncheon that one of my social organizations is sponsoring. And then there's Mah Jong all afternoon. Some kind of exercise tonight. Fortunately I got a lot of stuff done at the public library yesterday, so I don't have nearly as much hanging over my head anymore . YAY!!!

accountability - I went over my calorie range by 100 kcal yesterday, which doesn't sound like much, but this has become all too frequent. I'm going to start staying within my range - and preferably the low end of my range - on those days when I don't have meals out, which is most days. Then an occasional out-of-range restaurant day is not going to be a disaster. The three things yesterday that I could have done differently to stay within my range were: 1) not having the homemade cranberry/cherry compote on a day when I had protein pancakes. It has more calories than the blueberry/blackberry sauce (enough to make a difference). I'll save the cranberry/cherry sauce for mornings when I'm just having plain yogurt (and no protein pancakes). 2) I had a small piece (1"x1") of barfi (an Indian sweet). Not many calories (less than 100), but again, in light of the other slip-ups yesterday, it added up to too much 3) I also had the mango kulfi (an Indian popsicle type of thing) that had been in my freezer for months. Again, not a ton of calories (80), but between that and the barfi and the extra calories in the cranberry/cherry sauce, it put me over range. Again. I did an hour of WERQ last night and probably burned off the excess, but still, I'm going to start staying in range 90% of the time again.

QOTD: if things are critical, I'm good at getting them done. And I'm almost always early to things, too. If I'm ever late, even by five minutes, there's a damn good reason for it! I sometimes let little things slide for way too long, though - like Christmas cards. Finally finished them yesterday - a month late!

4 years 7 months out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: we'll be at a Middle Eastern place (YAY!). Either lentil soup and a salad, or chicken kebabs

AS: I'll be at Mah Jong all afternoon. I'll probably be too full from lunch to want a snack, but I'll take a protein bar or an individual packet of nuts just in case

D: chilli

ex: maybe yoga and the stationary bike. There's a zumba class scheduled for this evening and there's always the weight room, but I don't want to get over-zealous only to burn out quickly. Doing each of those twice a week - and then doing other things on the other days - is probably better for me if I want to keep this up long-term (which I do!)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 1/28/20 5:51 am
RNY on 08/29/18

More than 15.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 1/28/20 5:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

more than 15 is what I am hoping for - but I'm planning for the worst just in case!

Christina135
on 1/28/20 6:17 am, edited 1/28/20 1:14 am

Good morning, Happy Taco Tuesday!

QOTD - Only when I have to be. Monday through Friday.

Breakfast - fasting until 11, so hot coffee and tea

Snack - Cocoa chia pudding, homemade granola with coconut milk (edited to update this, YUM)

Lunch - Flat out wrap with hummus, soyrizo and potatoes, kale salad

Snack - 1/2 peanut butter jelly sandwich on multi grain

Dinner - Beyond burger, salad

Have a great day y'all!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Teenie
on 1/28/20 6:51 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning JB and Menuers,

Love the meme JB glad your seeing the light also. I bought my ticket to OH Conference yesterday. Hope to see a few of you there, I will hold out on getting the flight. I have it punched into Hopper so it will alert me if there is a good priced flight. I might call today to book my room so I do have one at the Omni and not have to worry about going to and from with public transportation. I am not a seasoned Uber rider and I don't think I want to learn in Houston.

QOTD: If your not a 1/2 hour early your late. Learned it from my dad. But my SIL Is so bad it boarders on inconsiderate.

Accountability: Looked good on paper but not on the scale probably too much fat. And a handful of Macadamia nuts.

TSS: 2 years 1 Month 17 days 135 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: L&F original greek toasted marshmallow HB egg w/everything seasoning

L: Jimmy Dean Eggwich Aldi pepper jack raisins and honey roasted peanut snack selects.

D: Mississippi pot roast.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a one a day multivitamin I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day.

Exercise: At least 30 minutes of elliptical at the gym. I would love to get these 4.2 lbs off before vacation.

Everybody have a great day!

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 1/28/20 9:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I checked last night and it is a 28 hour drive from Boston to Houston. Grim is all for the long drives, and the route would have u**** some interesting landmarks, but I don't think I would be able to get enough time off to make it worth while... so I will start looking for flights, too!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 1/28/20 10:22 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hopper will send deals when they are available. I did reserve a room today as well. Looks like I'll be there for sure

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views