HUMOR

selhard
on 2/7/20 12:43 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

HAPPY FRIDAY! Please share some WLS-related humor to help get through the end of a long, dark winter:

#1 The first few months post-op, sharing homemade protein smoothies with DH seemed like a fun thing. After a few weeks, DH found the courage to break his supportive stance by saying, "sorry, I just can't fake liking these shakes any longer."

#2 After years of wearing nothing but elastic-waist pants, I strutted out of the bedroom to model a pair of zip-up jeans in front of my family. Unimpressed, my DD said, "you still have a big butt, it's just a smaller big butt."

#3 Having neighbors in their 80's, the wife told me about coming home one day to hear her husband complain about the tuna he ate for lunch. She went to the kitchen to see he had eaten an entire can of cat food.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/7/20 1:13 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I especially chuckled at #3

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Dee_Caprini
on 2/7/20 3:36 pm

My 4-year-old often hears me talk about my pouch... "mommy's stomach is not that big so I call it a pouch"... she hears my stomach growl (it can be loud) all the time and has affectionately renamed it, "mommy's grouchy pouch".

Tidgel
on 2/7/20 6:07 pm
RNY on 04/15/19

Thanks for the humor today!

White Dove
on 2/8/20 7:37 am, edited 2/7/20 11:38 pm - Warren, OH

My friend's husband has hearing loss and words sound different to him sometimes. One day they were eating dinner and she said, "these are portabella mushrooms". He looked shocked and said, "You paid twenty five dollars for mushrooms?"

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

selhard
on 2/8/20 8:19 am, edited 2/8/20 1:27 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

No, thank you for the contributions while we strive to improve and resist being like the grandmother below:

My nursing student cousin was home on college break. Watching her grandmother over-butter a piece of bread, she gently remarked, "the saturated fat in all that butter will clog your arteries. Next thing you know, you won't be able to remember a thing." Grandmother looked down at the bread, looked up at her granddaughter and replied, "is there anything you would like to know before I take the next bite?"

momyshaver
on 2/9/20 4:55 am
VSG on 06/28/17

My youngest daughter is 4 and often says some things that are pretty funny to our family. We are working on potty issues (back story) but she often tries to deflect on the rest of the family rather than focus on herself. Anyways, after WLS I have loose skin in my stomach area. It just is what it is. I wear a size 2/4 despite that, for reference. I was wearing leggings and a tshirt one day recently and she said, "mama, you have a a big tummy. Do you need to poop? You will feel better." Yeah. I had a bit of a laugh at that one. I didn't think I had that much loose skin, lol...but compared to a taut tiny tummy I suppose I do ;)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views