What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/3/20 1:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

ICYMI on Facebook, Grim and I celebrated our 4 year meetaversary yesterday (actual photo of us, above!)! We started talking to each other here on the menu thread and realized we lived close by to one another. We met up for coffee and to see To Kill a Mockingbird at a little theater that plays old run movies. We did that a few times and after a month we decided to "date". Life is wild. If I hadn't had been fat...needed surgery...needed revision a decade later...found this board... I'm so lucky :)

Accountability: Good all day, but we celebrated our meetaversary last night by rewatching to Kill a Mockingbird with treats on hand. ** Face Palm **

QOTD: Any funny stories about how you met your Significant Other or an ex? BTW, I'm not "out" about. my surgery in real life, so I tell people we "met online" which satisfies most people and has the benefit of being true. But every now and then someone probes to ask "which site?". And I just say: "a common interest board" and no one has ever asked a follow up question, lol. I think they are scared to find out if it might be something kinky, so they leave it at that. Hahahaha.

The Pioneer Woman Egg bites were okay. Not nearly as yummy or substantial as the Sous Vide ones from Starbucks or Costco, but I would get them again. They are tiny so the serving size is 6.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 3/3/20 2:49 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning. I'm still not feeling 100% recovered from the stuck feeling yesterday. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm still burping every time I change positions and my chest feels funny. I took some Zantac (yes I know it's recalled. I'll take the chance) and if it doesn't get better I guess I'll go see my doctor.

QOTD: I met Jon at work and the first time I met him he was working the midnight shift. He had dark hair to his chin and was white as a ghost and about 120lbs. I literally thought to myself "Man, I could never date someone like that. Midnight shift IT people are weird." It was more than a year after that when we started dating. I later figured out he was in the middle of a really rough relationship at the time he was so skinny and pale and I'm sure the overnight shifts didn't help.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Sweet Potato and Egg
  • Jerky, Cheese, Olives
  • Turkey Burgers & Veggie (I didn't feel like eating/cooking last night)

This all hinges on if I feel like eating. I wasn't very hungry yesterday with the indigestion feelings. I managed to eat my breakfast and then skipped lunch and just had a power crunch bar. I had a bit of Ceviche for dinner (maybe 3-4) bites and that was pretty much it.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Greateight
on 3/3/20 3:53 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Happy meetaversary, JB. And great pictures on Friday, you are starting to look visibly slimmer. I'm sorry to hear about everybody's travel woes. We are scheduled to go to on a river cruise in Portugal during July and are still hoping that the virus will have burned out by then.

Erin, I'm glad to hear that you guys are getting over your flu. Our entire family got sick, one after another during February.

Karen - I hope I didn't get your husband in trouble last week.

Leftover cuteness from Friday in order of posting:

a) Melody's hair

b) Acqua Trish

c) Chrissy and the nutmobile

d) Kelly's decorating

QOTD: Marilyn lived across the hall from sister at our college. The night that I met her I had a blistering hangover from the preceding night, so was not drinking.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

lunch: Fresh mediterranean bowl

snack: nuts

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

mmsmom
on 3/3/20 4:35 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning,

QOTD: I worked at the local supermarket (as a teen) with my husband's sister. He systematically dated every girl at the store and I kept telling him no. Eventually I gave in and we casually dated for about 3 months - after that he would come in to the store on a busy saturday, get at the end of the longest line and announce "See that girl (point to me), I'm going to marry her some day." We literally were not even dating. Well, I guess he was right. We will be married 35 years in June.

B: cottage cheese, pita, 1/2 banana

L: eggplant dip (eggplant, peppers, onions, tomato sauce) with toasted pita

D: English muffin with turkey, cheese and roasted peppers - open sandwich

S: maybe snack size popcorn.

I was 100% good yesterday and went up .4 lbs today : ( I know it is bad to weigh every day, but I can't help it, lol.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/3/20 4:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Anniversary! I love the story of Grim and you meeting.

I have a friend visiting who I've known for 50 years. Yesterday we visited with a brother - they hadn't seen each other for 6 years. Today we are going to Sanibel/Captiva which I only went to once perhaps 15 years ago so I'm looking forward to it. My food is all over the place because we are out and about and there has been more wine than usual, but I'm trying to be careful so I can avoid gaining.

QOTD: DH and I met through friends at a bar known at the time as kind of a meat market. DH used to love saying we met at this bar probably because he was never really a bar kind of guy. I was actually dating someone else but was planning on ending it. The guy I was dating and I were supposed to meet his friends but he stood me up so I was with the friends on my own. DH was with the friends and we hit it off. The following day a mutual friend told me that DH was very interested in me but he told him I was very involved with the guy I was currently dating. Grrrr... So I had to call DH and ask him out. And that was the beginning.

TSS: 3 years, 11 months

B: coffee, WW Zero point egg and banana pancake

L: Out hopefully making good choices (yesterday it was one really great fish taco)

D: Out so probably some sort of fish

S: ???

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

supershopper
on 3/3/20 5:46 am

hi all! I'm BAAACK lol- we have no internet at the GA house so I was winging it on my cell phone until we got back to TN yesterday afternoon. which probably mean winging it was blowing through my data. good news is I changed up my online business model to do 'reseller clothing lots'. so if you want some really good clothes plus and non plus, capri , dress etc let me know I will send you the link. It was very time consuming but I'm feeling way better about the amount left after I sell these.

QOTD: I met my John at my moms house. He is 8 years older and used to be close friends with my older sisters. I hated his guts... Ran into him after college and we were married within 4 months. that was 19 years ago...

food plan today

didn't sleep well last night so no gym this morning

I bought these whole whiting fish and need to figure out how to cook them tonight? I've really never done a whole fish before and I have an entire BOX of them- so I'm thinking a fish stew out of the rest?

cauli/oat/chia pudding

mushrooms onions and chicken

chicken sausage/salad

said whiting....

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 3/3/20 5:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm having lunch with a friend today at a Mexican place. I usually play Mah Jong on Tuesday afternoons, but the host has a new granddaughter (born yesterday), so Mah Jong was cancelled. Wow - a free afternoon! I'll be at the gym sometime today - weights for sure and some kind of cardio -maybe Zumba this evening??

the company we're going to Italy with emailed everyone yesterday to say they've decided to 1) reduce their cancellation fees for those who are interested and b) completely waive their re-booking fee if people just want to reschedule their trip, as long as it's within the next 12 months. OR....people can continue as planned. We're not scheduled to go until mid-May, so I think I'll sit on this for a couple of weeks to see what happens with the airlines. Some airlines are waiving re-booking fees, but not as far out as May (I think a couple are waiving them until the end of March - one until mid-April). I'm guessing they're thinking at this point that things might be back on track by May. I hope so....things can't stay in limbo forever. Hopefully the tour company will be OK with me waiting to give them an answer (the tour company covers everything BUT the airline part- so at this point I just need to see what's up with the airline). Hopefully we'll still be on track for May....

QOTD: DH and I met online back in the early 90s - before it became the thing to do (at the time, it was a huge novelty - people were really surprised back then that we met that way!). It was on a library listserv (remember those?). I was working on my master's in library science here at the Univ of WI, and he was working on a master's in counseling in Indiana (planning to become a career counselor). He was on that listserv because he's always loved libraries (he worked at a public library in NJ when he was in high school - and at his university library when he was an undergrad). He posted a question to the group re: library science programs. He was thinking if he ever wanted a second career, it would probably have something to do with libraries, so he wanted to know what the best programs in the country were. I answered him offline because I also happen to have a master's in counseling, AND I was a career counselor, AND I also always loved libraries, AND I was working on an MLS because I wanted to switch into that field, too. What a coincidence! Plus I happened to know the answer to his question because I'd researched the top programs just a year or so before. He wrote back - and happened to mention that his parents had met back when they were both grad students at the Univ of WI. So there was the Madison connection, too. So anyway, there was coincidence after coincidence, so at some point, we just had to meet - so we did about six months later. It kind of took awhile to get things off the ground because he was 10 years younger than I am - which means practically nothing now since he's 50 and I'm almost 60, but back then we were 22 and 32 - ENORMOUS difference. But...it did eventually take off!

4 years 9 months out (as of today!)

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: fit frappe

L: 2 of those small authentic tacos (with the 4" tortillas and just meat, cilantro, and onions)

AS: L&F yogurt

D: 2 Costco chicken skewers, salad with light dressing

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 3/3/20 6:14 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Hello menu friends!

I've been MIA mostly due to work schedule and general separating myself from online distractions. I've been off social media and most internet in general on my phone and it's been wonderful for my peace of mind and mental health.

I realized I needed to come back here though, because I'm struggling. My weight hasn't budged and I'm experiencing some extreme diet fatigue which has led to some poor choices. Not all the time, I'm still primarily eating protein and veg, and avoiding breads, pasta, rice, etc. But the Girl Scouts got to me and I haven't exactly been turning down the free snacks in the breakroom. I can convince myself I'm eating the healthier choices-string cheese, yogurt, etc. but too many of them definitely.

exercise has been a challenge since my accident. I've been released medically, to work out as normal, but I must have lost a lot of strength, as my back is just tired and achy after about 20 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill. I'm currently looking for a nearby gym with a pool.

we bought a new house and moved in January, and everything with that has been wonderful. It's truly our dream home! Jeremy has a nerd/gaming den in the basement, and I have a library, art studio, and a huge yard to garden!

QotD: I met my husband via setup by a guy neither of us liked and we are no longer in much communication with. I was still going through my divorce and NOT in the mindset to date, but I couldn't make myself stop talking to Jeremy and he was patient!

Breakfast: none, fasting for bloodwork for my 2 year checkup! I have a Premier in my bag that I'll likely have with coffee at work.

Lunch: salad bar, usually about 2 oz of diced chicken on top

dinner: tuna packet with a splash of teriyaki, maybe another salad. On my own for dinner tonight so likely won't cook.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Teenie
on 3/3/20 7:42 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Welcome Back and good luck getting back on track. Do what you can in the gym. Just remember where you started and how far you come. I bet that 20 minutes will lead to 25,30,35 in no time. You can do this you have before.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Theduffman27
on 3/3/20 7:58 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Welcome back, I can relate and that is why I am here. There is no support I receive like the support or justification I receive from participating here. Too many in my daily life think it is easy for me to have "just one".

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views