What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/15/20 9:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Congrats on the new baby! Love hearing good news!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 4/15/20 10:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats to the family on the new addition coming!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 4/15/20 4:08 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Can't wait to see pics of this bundle of joy tomorrow :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Sheila_H
on 4/15/20 7:51 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

JB, thank you for the day of the week reminder. I need it. What excuse do you use for not attending a meeting? I'm curious. Because in the past I would have said stuck in traffic, ran late couldn't make it, other meetings, double booked, etc. because they were all in person meetings. Now with everybody stuck at home how do you skip a meeting?

Yesterday I got a dose of reality for no longer having a minor son. Had to take him to the lab for some blood drawn, ordered by his dr. He has some minor health problems that have been going on for a while. At the door of the clinic they stopped us to ask the usual questions about cough, fever, etc. But the first question was if he was a minor. I said no he just turned 18. And then I was told I can't go in with him, he needs to enter alone. I was floored. I know it's nothing but I was like what do you mean I can't go in with him? So I stayed outside the building pacing. Called DH in tears that I couldn't go in with him and I'm worried. Very matter of fact (engineer mind) he asks me what would I have done if I could go in and why do I wanna go in. My response "I'm his MOM!!! I need to be there to protect him from the virus. I'll put myself between him and the virus!" I know, totally irrational but that's how I felt. It seemed like ages before he came out smiling and I doused him with disinfectant.

QOTD: in addition to A little life that I mentioned yesterday, here are few that I've read and really liked. Homegoing, Pa*****o, The sympathizer, Room, My brilliant friend, The great believers.

My meals yesterday:

• B: Protein coffee
  • L: Costco egg bites
  • S: 1 hb egg
  • D: Left overs of the chicken burrito from the previous night (no rice)
  • E: 4.16 mike wog

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

NYMom222
on 4/15/20 8:03 am
RNY on 07/23/14

The reality your child being an adult. It is tough.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

catwoman7
on 4/15/20 7:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well my morning isn't starting out like I planned. I'd emailed my sister last night because I've become very concerned that she and my mother are going to restaurants for lunch a couple of times a week - getting it take-out and eating it in the car. In addition, my sister has been going to see her daughter, and the daughter works at a grocery store and the daughter's two roommates work at fast food places (they're all college students). I'm very concerned that my sister could pick up the virus there and pass it on to my mom. Anyway, in my email to her, I framed it as I was concerned about Mom and wasn't sure how to approach her with it (never mentioning that I also concerned about my sister, too, who has been even worse as far as the guidelines go). Well she wrote back this morning - obviously misinterpreting it as I was jealous that she's been spending time with our mother. She said I could spend time with her too - and in fact, she (sister) would love it if I would, because she could really stand to have a free day once in awhile. I could tell by the tone that she was really ticked off - which I knew she would be (neither she nor my mother can tolerate being confronted, even if it's in a nice, caring way). I wrote back and explained myself - that I wasn't saying that I wanted to spend time with my mom - in fact, I DON'T right now because of the virus. Then I bit the bullet and just emailed my mom with my concerns. I'm sure I'll get some nasty, defensive response back, even though I worded it very diplomatically, as I did with my sister. But even if they blow it off, at least I've said my piece and won't regret later that I never said anything if they do happen to get the virus. Which of course I hope they don't.

then I went down to the basement fridge to get the gallon of 2% milk I bought the other day to make a batch of yogurt. It was opened and half gone. And the 1% half gallon I bought for DH the same day (he always drinks 1%) was kind of behind it. UGH!! Why can't he open his damn eyes!?! So now I'll have to go out and get another gallon - and hope all this milk he has isn't going to spoil by the time he drinks it.

anyway, other than getting a gallon of milk, I need to go to the vet clinic to pick up a cat prescription, and to Walgreens to get MY prescription, and get some cat food. And play Mah Jongg this afternoon (it's fun being able to play more than once a week, now that we're doing it online!). So that's my day...

QOTD: my brain isn't fully engaged this morning because otherwise I"m sure I could think of a few, but the only one coming to mind right now is "Your Money or Your Life", which I read when it first came out 25 or 30 years ago. Some of the advice in there was pretty weird - but a lot of it was great. It really changed the way I think about and use money.

Accountabilty hasn't been a great as I'd hope the last few days. I'm still eating within my maintenance range (but at the upper end), so certainly nothing outrageous or even "bad", but I'm supposed to be eating at the lower end of my range - or even under. I need to get myself back on track here. I'm not gaining weight, but on the other hand, I don't want to be here - I want to be lower.

TSS: 4y10m

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers dipped in plain Greek yogurt with some adobo sauce mixed in

AS: maybe raw veggies. Or L&F yogurt with raspberries. Or a piece of lemon blueberry yogurt pie.

D: 2 oz teriyaki salmon, cole slaw made with miso-sesame dressing

ex: if I can stand the cold, I'll go out for a walk (we didn't get any snow - it evidently hit south of here since Jim got it). I have to do SOMETHING, though...I"m feeling like a slug

have a great day, everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/15/20 9:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It sure is tough to voice concerns with family members and have them get defensive. My DD has been very cavalier about the virus situation, while DS is totally paranoid. Somewhere slightly towards DS end (not necessarily all the way) would be good.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Sheila_H
on 4/15/20 2:49 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I hate it that the tone doesn't come across when you are texting or emailing. So something that if you had said it on the phone or in person, would have been completely innocent and maybe accepted, when it's in writing can be construed as criticism.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 4/15/20 8:32 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning everyone!

We've got sun today and tomorrow on tap. Maybe I'll walk away from this desk for a while...

QOTD: I'm a voracious reader, of almost any genre. Angela's Ashes and the Lovely Bones spoke deeply to me. I read the Lovely Bones long before I ever experienced catastrophic loss in my life, and it moved me. More so now that I have experienced such things. These are the only two books I have kept and moved with me. I'm also reading a couple of books a week and just finished The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (loved!) in the middle of Little Fires everywhere (loving).

MENU PLAN

Coffee

B: 1 oz sugar free jerky, 6 cheddar cheese Whisps

L: 2 ounces taco meat, ¼ C nonfat refried beans, tbsp shredded cheddar

D: Trader Joe's orange chicken with cauliflower rice. I'm going to try this. May switch to plain chicken.

Exercise: maybe a walk today?

Maintaining at goal while I try to figure out maintenance. (does a 4-day run count?) Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Queen JB
on 4/15/20 4:11 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Those are all awesome book picks!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
Recent Topics