What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Christina135
on 5/7/20 7:35 am

When I ate meat, I went there a couple of times. I REALLY wanted to like it. Literally each time, it was just bad. SO bad. I ended up really enjoying the cold beer, but the food was just a freaking NO.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Greateight
on 5/7/20 9:59 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I kept thinking it was just me, but it never got better.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

ladygodiva1228
on 5/7/20 7:57 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

This one's for you then. LOL

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Lisa91941
on 5/7/20 9:17 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Hey Jim,

We also run a non profit in California supporting vocational/continuing technical education programs and students. Our golf fundraiser was scheduled for next Saturday. So that's a big no. Not sure we are going to reschedule for 2020. Luckily, we have a little bit of money in the bank that will fund our grants to graduating seniors this year. But I think our program support is going to be way down next year. Very challenging and disheartening. Good luck with your organization. I wish you great luck!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Queen JB
on 5/7/20 10:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I have sat in on a few fundraising meetings recently with the same goal of how to reimagine big fundraising events in the time of distancing. Can't say anyone had any great or innovative ideas, tbh. I hope you guys have better luck!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/7/20 10:55 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You can buy the BWW sauce at the restaurant or the grocery store, it's pretty good to put on your own stuff. I get the spicy garlic and use it to dip frozen chicken strips in.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

catwoman7
on 5/7/20 7:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All -

Just a drive-by for now because I have to finish up my coffee, eat breakfast, and then get ready for a couple of hours of online Mah Jongg with my usual group of friends (I play this with "bots" almost every day, too - but it's nice to play it with my regular group of human friends a couple times a week - we have a conference call going the whole time we're playing, so it's great to hear their voices and chit-chat while we're playing, too - just like old, IRL times!

it's a beautiful, sunny day again, but cool - but I'll walk regardless. It's kind of nice walking while it's brisk. Other than that, no plans.

accountability was great yesterday. On a roll again...

QOTD: the first things that popped into mind were baked goods and coffee. I actually like eating/drinking both, but the smells are even better!

TSS: 4y11m

B: yogurt pie (cheesecake-flavored) with strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

S1: Fit Frappe

L: chipotle chicken taco (except without the tortilla)

S2: L&F yogurt with diced mango pieces, skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: Beyond Burger with skinny bun, light Thousand Island, and lettuce (planned on this for last night, but had sushi instead)

have a great day, everyone!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/7/20 8:44 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Hi all! Allllmost Friday, whoo! My brain doesn't want to work, it just wants to pay attention to pictures of cats and rollerskates. Just what I need, ugh. Had a bit of weird anxiety last night, so I took half a xanax and played sudoku for a while (my new favorite way to occupy my brain) and that seemed to help.

Accountability: Not perfect, but pretty good. I pedaled on my spin bike during a conference call yesterday morning and fit in a short Peloton class (found an easy one with subtitles) while listening to some corporate reports. Tried to do an intense session in the evening but just wasn't feeling it, so I was kind to myself and bailed after 10 minutes. Something is better than nothing, right?

QOTD: Coffee! I can't stand the way it tastes, even with milk and sugar and syrup and whatever else Starbucks can put in it, but I love the way it smells. My parents are both big coffee-drinkers so there's probably some good emotional attachment to the smell of a pot brewing at home or at church when I was a kid.

My Thursday:

• B: protein bar
  • L: chicken nuggets maybe?
  • D: pork burrito bowl (we swapped and made chicken tamale pie last night)
  • S: Greek yogurt, string cheese, skinny cow mini ice cream bar
  • E: Short yoga/stretch session, then I'm going to try the Nike Run Club app; apparently it's better than C25k, which I've never had much luck with. I got a light-up vest so I can go out after dark when it's not so stupid hot!

Hang in there, everybody!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sheila_H
on 5/7/20 8:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Hiya guys!!!

Finally feeling better so I can actually sit up in bed and post. Last Friday I started feeling funny, throat scratchy, minor cough, headache and major dizziness. I'm used to the dizziness when I get up fast but it was getting worse. By Sunday we were worried I have C-19. Coughing my lungs out. We went through the drive through/triage test site, which was very well organized and we had zero wait. They heard me out and especially my concern regarding DS who has asthma and doesn't need me to give him C-19. They tested me right there in the parking lot, that swab going through your nose to the back of the throat is nasty! I had heard from a friend of mine who is a lab technician at our local hospital, that the week prior we had started doing our own test and not sending them out. So I was lucky that I got the results in 24 hours. Negative, phew! So this was just a regular cold. Still, I stayed in my room and we kept DS away from me, to his delight! ;)

I have been on a veggie soup diet the whole time. So I am very curious to see if there has been any change in my weight once I get out of bed. For now, I'm just in bed listening to audiobooks. Can't handle my eyes open for too long.

Hope you all are healthy and safe.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/7/20 9:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am glad that you are feeling better and that it wasn't COVID-19. But don't you wonder how we are still getting colds while social distancing????

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views