What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Teenie
on 5/14/20 7:07 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Gosh JB how nice to get a day off. I am counting the days till May 25 just to have a long weekend. And until they bring back some of the people working from home there is no choice but to be here unless I am sick, and fortunately I very rarely get sick. I take all my flu shots vaccines and of course my vitamins. So who knows when I'll be able to use my next PTO day.

QOTD: I am not a big reader but I am going with Wicked because it is one of the few books I read prior to seeing it performed live. Oh and also The Bridges of Madison County. Gotta love Clint Eastwood.

Accountability: I Suck and control lately. I snacked on Coconut, Lily's chocolate chips, peanuts, pork rinds and too much of the Home made blue cheese dressing. I did get my run in last night so at least I got that.

TSS: 2 years 5 Month 3 day 136.2 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Salted Caramel triple zero Greek yogurt, elevation low carb bar if needed .

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: Jimmy dean Eggwich and Sagento Snake bites.

D: Zucchini boats stuffed with ground turkey meatball mix and vodka sauce.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 mile run weather permitting.

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 5/14/20 7:36 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Teenie,

A co-worker just gave me a bag of Lily's chocolate chips and some stevia baking sugar because my husband makes treats for the office and I won't eat them and she thinks that I am getting too thin. She's the sweetest thing, but I can't get it through to her that it's the carbs I am staying away from!! LOL. As I was putting the supplies onto my husband's baking shelf I was reading the Lily's label and thinking "this could be very bad if these get opened!".

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 5/14/20 8:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yeah, I find myself using them as a snack and should not but I buy them to make no Bake Keto Caramel cookies.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/14/20 1:34 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

One more full week and then the long weekend....you can make it!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 5/14/20 7:11 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's a beautiful day in San Diego. I actually took a walk yesterday. Pushed away from my desk and just went walking. Felt great. Hoping for a repeat today. Crisis mode remains intact at work, so another busy stress filled day ahead, but man does it make the day fly by.

QOTD: Generally, if I read the book, I won'****ch the adaptation of it. In my head, every person is fully defined down to hair color and they way they speak. So I get frustrated with the film/tv version. But I did enjoy both the book and the tv versions of Big little lies. Even though near the end they strayed fairly far from the book, I was still very engaged in the show.

Menu:

B: 1/2 PP drink

L: 3 oz chicken thigh, roasted Anaheim chili's from my garden sauteed with bell peppers and onion. Maybe some cheese Whisps or low fat string cheese

D: butternut squash "noodles" with parm/artichoke sauce, small piece of linguica.

Peace, everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 5/14/20 7:30 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Never read the book but love Big Little Lies. Do you think they will make another Season?

Lisa91941
on 5/14/20 7:38 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I didn't get a chance to see Season 2 yet! With Meryl Streep. I only watch tv in the evenings, and episodic tv tends to make my husband nuts, so I have a lot of catching up to do. But I LOVED the characters in season one. I need to bounce this up to the top of my list and jus****ch it. Thanks for the reminder.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

ScaleSkater
on 5/14/20 7:25 am, edited 5/14/20 12:26 am

Good morning, Ortho said I just have to wait out this pain - that my body should adapt in a few months (oh, god). He said the only surgery (which he said is highly unnecessary for me given my mri) would be a major spine thing with a full rebuild and likely 6 months or more of rehab. I'm going to try some steroid injections to see if that helps at all.

My pain raised my blood pressure so my PCP put me back on diuretics, in combination with my ARB I've been on historically. I started them yesterday and I'm down 1.5 pounds today (183.5). Lowest in a long time - ha.

QOTD - I though the Hunt for Red October was one of the best book adaptions. The other I thought that was fantastic was Robert Harris' book Fatherland. I loved the movie Princess Bride, so will have to keep that in mind as a future read.

PWO - Some protein drink

B - Oatmeal with berries and nuts

L - Ham and Lentil Stew

D - Pork kabob and Greek Salad

S - Scoop Mango yogurt (frozen)

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Sheila_H
on 5/14/20 7:26 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

Not much going on here. Getting excited for DD's virtual college graduation on Sat. Sent her the grad presents yesterday with the hope it gets to her on Fri. Ordered a huge balloon bouquet for delivery on Sat before she gets online, and a dinner through uber eat from her favorite Italian restaurant in DC. If all goes well she should feel well celebrated although from distant. Today we are also doing a drive through high school for DS's cap and gown pick up. We thought both kids graduating in 2020 was so cool and now we are doing everything virtual, oh well!

QOTD: I have a bone to pick with the fans of the little fires everywhere show. Don't get me wrong, loved it and binge watched it. When you read the book did you imagine Mia Warren black? Did it say or hint anywhere in the book she was black? Infact at the clinic the rich daughter used Pearl's name because she said we could be sisters or related, or something along those lines. I loved Kerry Washington as Mia and I think she was great, but I guess it irritated me that as a single poor mom they just went the black route.

I loved the Handmaid's tale, first season.

All the hunger games.

The first HP movie made me wanna read the books (by then book IV was out****il then I thought, incorrectly, it was a kids book.

Accountability: late evening something snapped and I became a Tasmanian devil :( see below

My meals yesterday:

• B: protein coffee
  • L: turkey slices + hb egg
  • D: burrito bowl (1/2 Sofritas, 1/2 chicken, fajita veggies, salsa)
  • Late snack: salt & vinegar chips, it's it mini icecream, THREE pb cookies, TWO almond butter cookies
  • E: 6 miles wog

Happy jr Friday!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 5/14/20 8:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Funny, last night I was googling to see if something they did in the book was different or if I was just remembering incorrectly, and came upon this article.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?