What's on your Thursday Menu?

White Dove
on 5/28/20 6:30 am - Warren, OH

A famous Henry Ford quote, "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right," emphasizes how much attitude determines success or failure.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ninabeena
on 5/28/20 6:36 am
RNY on 11/27/19

Good morning all you lovely people. I have been away for far too long. I think I am doing okay with weight loss but also think it's too slow at the same time. I started at 334 in October, had rny in November and now I'm 218 as of this morning, woohoo lol. Eating for me is so weird but I guess that's normal.

One of my favourite quotes comes from an English teacher I had many years ago. He would say "A bird does not sing because it is caged, it is caged because it sings"

Breakfast: Premier chocolate shake because I just can't eat in the mornings

Lunch: Chicken salad and a few strawberries

Dinner: Meat loaf and green beans

Tons of fluids

catwoman7
on 5/28/20 7:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

a 100 lb loss in seven months is amazing, actually!! Congrats!!

Teenie
on 5/28/20 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning JB and Menuers,

Congratulations on the great day you had yesterday JB. Leaves me a little jealous sitting in my office with not even a window to know what's going on weather wise. Today I awoke to a rainy cool day. But I got to be honest the grass looks happy all green and lush. I love spring grass. Usually by the 4th of July it's all browned out from no rain and to much sun. So I guess I need to enjoy it while I can.

QOTD: Love many trust few always paddle your own canoe. (American Proverb)

Accountability: I thought I did great but the scale stayed the same. 2 days in a row.

TSS: 2 years 5 Month 17 day 136.2 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Salted Caramel triple zero Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries,

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: chicken chili, HB egg

D: Turkey meatballs Mock potato salad. .

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: Plan is a 3 mile run

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 5/28/20 7:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I read an article this morning that really clicked with me - the author wrote about how things like pandemics and other natural disasters are often the result of us screwing around with the environment, but he wrapped it up by saying it's nature that gives him solace during times like this - the time we're in now - and also when his 11-year-old daughter died in an accident 30 years ago. Anyway, that really clicked with me. I find most of my solace in nature now - maybe that's why I take long walks most days - or now, ride my bike. Something about walking through the woods - or being near the water - or observing flora and fauna - has a very calming influence on me. And Lord knows I need that...

no nature today, though, since they're calling for heavy rains all day. Crap. At least it's cooler. The humidity we've had the last few days has made the mid-80s temps we've been having pretty unbearable. It's still ridiculously humid, but at least it's in the low 70s now.

I'm super sore from my bike rides the last couple of days so I should probably give exercise a rest today, although I'm feeling very stressed again, so I may go to the newly-opened gym and do something (NOT ride the stationary bikes, though!!! Those muscles need a down day!). I haven't been over there since the re-opened on Tuesday, so I'm curious to see what's available. I know not classes (boo!) - but maybe there's something there that I'll like doing.

accountability was great yesterday - weight back down to it's lowest point in months after a slight uptick yesterday (on my official weigh day, of course! But maybe it'll be back down again NEXT Wednesday...)

TSS: 4 y 11 m

B: I was going to make chaffles, but I'm too stressed. Maybe I'll just have a piece of yogurt pie. And I've already had my two big mugs of coffee with half & half

S1: protein shake of some sort. I spotted a thing of Ovaltine yesterday at a store and bought it. I haven't had that in decades. I want to experiment with it - so maybe I'll put some in a chocolate protein shake (was thinking of mixing it with plain Greek yogurt - or protein pudding - sometime, too...)

L: two Costco chicken skewers with some kind of Greek yogurt dip

S2: L&F yogurt with raspberries. Maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: one of the many vegan "burgers" I now have in my freezer - on a skinny bun.

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/28/20 7:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am sorry you are feeling stressed. Yes, nature is the solution for most ills I think.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 5/28/20 7:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks! This stress thing is totally not me. I'm sure it's all related to the pandemic...

Greateight
on 5/28/20 7:14 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

It looks like the rains are coming. Hopefully, they will clear up by the weekend. I had a call this morning for my non-profit. We are getting somewhat optimistic that we will be able to have our golf tournament in late July. We only have two fundraisers a year, so missing one would be tough. It's really going to come down to what the course feels like they can do safely.

It's looking like we will be able to take our delayed Spring Break the week of June 8th. The boy's wanted to do something historical, so we are driving down to Tennessee and Mississippi to tour some of the Civil War battle sites. We are driving and renting a house, and the sites are all outside, so it feels pretty safe. Just hoping they open the bathrooms at the Parks before we get there.

QOTD: Do today what others won't so that you may do tomorrow what others can't.

Breakfast: protein bar

Lunch: cod

Snack: nuts

Dinner Hello Fresh.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 5/28/20 7:27 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Gold courses were the first outdoor activity to reopen here in Pennsylvania. I am sure there should be no problem having a golf tournament. You may just need to do a picnic for the meal instead of a sit down inside thing. I hope you get a lot of participants. Good luck.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 5/28/20 7:28 am, edited 5/28/20 12:28 am
RNY on 08/29/18

At this point, they are only allowing one person per cart which we need to work around, but I'm optimistic.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views