Whats On Your Saturday Menu RNYers (and a few VSGers:)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/13/20 5:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The sun is out and the weather is beautiful here. I plan to finally power wash my deck furniture now that the worst of the pollen has subsided and we aren't breathing yellow air anymore. I'd like to either sit on the beach or walk next to it as well. My psyche seems to need that right now. I have been feeling a little down. I also have this weird sense that there is something I am forgetting.

QOTD: When someone finds out what you do, or where you are from, what question do they always ask you? When people hear that I am from Massachusetts they always want to know why I don't drop my "R"s. I "park the car" vs. "pahk the cah". The reason is that I spent my first years when I was learning to speak in Pennsylvania until age 8. My mother was from Wisconsin as a young child, then Oregon. So though my father was from the Boston area and had a fairly serious Boston accent as did DH and his family (and my kids to some extent), I have essentially no accent.

TSS: 4 years, 2 months

B: Coffee! WW zero point banana/egg pancake

L: Ever roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Grilled fish of some sort and veggies (DS is cooking)

S: cauliflower fried rice and/or yogurt with strawberry compote and/or blueberry lemon yogurt pie and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 6/13/20 5:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday morning everyone.

long night last night. My cat Percy was in desperate need of lovin I guess. He woke me up no less than three times.

we have to run to the grocery store today. My SIL's birthday was yesterday but they are coming over tomorrow. She wanted italian. So I'm going to make fettuccine alfredo and a meat Lasagna. None of which I can have. I think it could possibly set me on fire LOL. My mom wants me to make a chocolate pie too. I'm hoping my mom helps me cook though. We'll see.

qotd: when people hear I'm from Texas they almost always ask if I had any rain from the latest tropical storm or think I'm from down state. My area of Texas is closer to the mountains than the gulf. I often say we're the ugly step child of Texas. LOL

b:Cheerios and almond milk

no Idea yet on other food.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/13/20 12:19 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Texas is such a huge state that it does seem to vary a lot!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 6/13/20 6:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

it's a beautiful day here as well, plus cooler (around 70 degrees), so it'll be a great day for walking or biking. MIL, who was here last night, is coming back today around noon for lunch and then whatever. She's been really down lately due to the social isolation with this pandemic, so we're doing what we can.

I have my colonoscopy on Wednesday so I start my low fiber diet tomorrow (no beans, nuts, raw veggies, fruit with skins or seeds, etc). Then I'm supposed to fast starting Monday at noon (a two-day fast? My colonoscopy isn't until 3:00 pm on Wednesday - so seriously? I'm pretty sure I only had to do it one day last time). I'm kind of wondering if these instructions aren't for the morning colonoscopies, too?? That would mean a day & a half fast, if my procedure was schedule for the morning instead of the afternoon. I may stop eating at dinner time on Monday instead. I know I should follow doctor's orders, but two days just seems insane to me. I've checked numerous sites online (like Mayo Clinic), and almost all of them require you to fast the day before and the morning of. I'm thinking maybe this place sends out the same instructions for morning and afternoon people, and they probably should have split it up - since my colonoscopy is six hours later than the one I had 10 years ago. Ugh. Not sure what to do. It's just that a two-day fast sounds absolutely awful, and I'm not sure why he would be requiring that, unless, like I said, they've lumped together instructions for both sets of patients, when they probably should be separate. OK - I'm going to stop obsessing about it..

QOTD: when (some) people find out I was a librarian, they ask me for book recommendations. The thing is, I was an academic librarian, not a public librarian. Public librarians do readers' advisory all the time, but academic ones, no. We focus more on research assistance - for example, when students are writing master's theses or PhD dissertations. We do things like track down obscure articles and books for them - or other obscure information. Or with undergrads (esp the younger ones who are used to doing high-school level research), help them refine their topics so they're "researchable"...and helping them determine if an article would be considered scholarly or not. Even at the university, I'd sometimes get some student asking me to recommend a book he/she could read over winter break "for pleasure". I'd have to ask one of my co-workers who did a lot of pleasure reading, because I don't really read more than an average person, and I don't read much fiction (I mostly read non-fiction).

TSS: 5y

B: either protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and blueberry compote, or just plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers with yogurt dip

AS: grilled peach with cinnamon yogurt

D: I think some leftover chorizo/chickpea/kale/tomato stew

have a great Saturday, everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/13/20 12:19 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That fasting schedule sounds crazy to me too. Interesting about academic librarians. Makes sense.

MadisonRose
on 6/13/20 7:49 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good Saturday morning all! I think I'm going to run by the thrift store today and take a look at their clothing and see what I can find. Would love to find a couple of new summer outfits, but don't want to spend a ton of money. Most of my clothes are too big for me now. I have a few newer outfits I bought recently, but I feel like I'm just cycling through those same few outfits. And the newer pair of pants I bought are already getting to be too big for me so it just makes sense not to spend a ton of money on clothes I may not wear very long while I'm still losing. Will go by my parents this afternoon and take them the lemon cream cheese pie I made last night.

QOTD: In regards to my job, when people find out I work in healthcare or for a local hospital they automatically assume I am a nurse, but I actually work in outpatient radiology. People also assume since I went to college and majored in psychology that I can counsel and diagnose people. Nope, that requires a doctorate which I definitely don't have! I don't know why so many people assume that. Oh and then when people find out I am from South Carolina they say "oh so you talk real southern or have a southern accent!" I actually don't have much of an accent at all even though my mom sounds real southern and my dad.....well he has this thick Cajun accent which I don't know where the heck that came from! I have my moments though when a slight tinge of "southern" comes out when I talk, but for the most part I don't.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X2

L: low sodium turkey

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

D: leftover zoodles and cheese bake

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/13/20 12:23 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I used ThredUp.com a lot when I was losing weight. Their descriptions are very accurate. I bought a lot of my "starting" clothes once I hit maintenance from there because I could get a decent wardrobe for not a lot of money (compared to buying new). I still use them and Poshmark for brand name clothing.

MadisonRose
on 6/13/20 7:04 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Thanks for the recommendation! I will check them out!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 6/13/20 10:06 am - Warren, OH

When I was a hair stylist, people would ask me how many customers I did each day and how much I charged each customer. I used to look at them with a look of disbelief and say, "Are you trying to ask me how much money I make?"

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/13/20 12:23 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL - people are nosy!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 357 views