Whats On Your Sunday Menu RNYers (and a few VSGers:)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/14/20 5:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is another beautiful day here on Cape Cod. After spending several hours power washing deck furniture yesterday I think I will take a break and go to the beach today. Hopefully it will be warm enough.

QOTD: Are you more productive at night or in the morning? Do you think it's possible to change and get used to another schedule? I am definitely most productive in the mid-morning (after coffee and me time). It is when I always get things done. Night time is relaxing: reading, TV or socializing. I don't think I can change since I have followed this pattern my entire adult life. If I were to partner with someone who was a night person I would probably have to ditch them.

TSS: 4 years, 2 months

B: Coffee! WW zero point banana/egg pancake

L: Ever roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover scallops and veggies (unless we go out in which case possibly crab cakes)

S: cauliflower fried rice and/or yogurt with blueberry compote and/or blueberry lemon yogurt pie and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 6/14/20 5:43 am, edited 6/13/20 10:43 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends.

I?m feeling pretty icky. My stomach is all upset...yay! Lol. I have a lot to do today too. I have to make a lasagna and fettuccine Alfredo for my SIL's birthday that was Friday. I still have to figure out what the heck I'll be eating. Ugh...it is frustrating to have to cook this stuff and not even have a taste. I made a chocolate pie last night and after the filling was cooling I went to wash the dishes...without thinking I licked the spoon. I paid the price for that little bit. It?s the only thing I can think of to make my stomach feel the way it does.

qotd:usually my most productive time is the early evening.

food is up in the air today. I might make some butternut squash for me for lunch or try a protein shake with the veggie based protein powder I got. We?ll see.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/14/20 6:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I would have a really tough time avoiding lasagna or fettuccine Alfredo. I love pasta (though it doesn't love me).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 6/14/20 10:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Right? I love pasta but it sure doesn't love me either. I tried a spoon dipped in the alfredo sauce and it was so good. If I were to try more it'd likely make me sick. It's rather rich! With the lactose intolerance stuff AND acid stuff...it'd make me miserable.

got em both made and ones in the oven. Even got the dishes done. Pretty productive day. I'm hurting a lot but that is normal now.

catwoman7
on 6/14/20 6:12 am, edited 6/13/20 11:32 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

We're meeting the moms for coffee at 9:30, then I have a COVID-19 test at 11:30 (not looking forward to this). Probably Costco afterward. It's supposed to be another beautiful day again today, so I'll definitely take a long walk or bike ride, especially since colonoscopy prep starts tomorrow night, so I'll have to be near a bathroom at all times after tomorrow. At least for a couple of days. But it's going to start getting really hot again, so it's probably just as well. I'll go to the gym to do weights today or tomorrow, too.

I have to be on a "low residue" (i.e., low fiber) diet today and most of tomorrow. Since I ordinarily eat a lot of fiber, this will be challenging. I guess I'll be eating more yogurt than usual. I can pick up more chicken skewers at Costco, too - those should work as well.

QOTD: Mid-morning, definitely. Around 10:00 am, give or take. I need a good hour or two in the morning to drink coffee, read email, read news, etc. And by mid-afternoon, I don't usually have enough active brain cells to do anything that's going to take a ton of processing - I just want to relax.

TSS: 5y

B: coconut Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: maybe 2 Costco chicken skewers?

AS: probably more yogurt (no raspberries - boo! And no lemon yogurt pie, either, since it has blueberries in it (I can't have fruit with skin or seeds))

D: well, the stew and soup and made a couple of days ago are out (soup has unpeeled potatoes, stew has chickpeas, both have kale). Crap. I'll have to think of something. There's always something with yogurt - or more chicken skewers....

have a good day, everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/14/20 6:27 am, edited 6/13/20 11:27 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The prep for a colonoscopy is always so much worse than the procedure. A friend on another support forum here had a Covid test yesterday for a procedure as well. This is what she said about it: "Much ado about nothing. I've had many, many tests that have been more unpleasant. I'd rank it similar to a streph test. By the time your mind is protesting that there is a swab somewhere where it shouldn't be, it's done."

catwoman7
on 6/14/20 6:34 am, edited 6/14/20 4:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that's good to know. Yes - I've heard it's not painful, just very uncomfortable, but it just lasts a few seconds. I'm glad to hear it's pretty much over by the time it registers in your brain that this isn't comfortable!!

White Dove
on 6/14/20 6:41 am - Warren, OH

I had a COVID test last month and they took the sample from my throat, not my nose. It was over in a second.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/14/20 11:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

got back a little while ago. They did my nose. It was unpleasant, but it literally took five seconds, so not too bad...

White Dove
on 6/14/20 11:55 am - Warren, OH

I was dreading the nasal swap and was surprised when they just did my throat. I am glad it is over for you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?