What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 7/7/20 7:19 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning everyone!

It's warm and humid (for us) and doesn't quite cool down enough for sleeping right now. A/C ran all night in our bedroom. I figure since we can't eat out, and I hate shopping right now with the mask, and our trips kept getting cancelled, I can throw a little more the electric company to keep me comfortable. And I know our humidity isn't even a fraction of yours, but hey, I live in San Diego for a reason, and it's not being sweaty!!! Work is quiet this week so far, but I know they are lying in wait for me. I leave on vacation on the 15th -- so that means all hell should break loose on Monday.

QOTD -- Jesus Christ Super Star is my house cleaning jam. I love the Hamilton sound track and also Phantom, Greatest Showman, Wicked, hell...I love musicals and they are always on my shuffle soundtrack. Queen and the Eagles rank way up there too.

Menu:

B: coffee and 1/2 PP shake

L: left over Chipolte's chicken bowl, no rice (serving 2 of ????)

D: meeting a friend so chicken fajitas shared between us, no tortillas. Same menu every time with her.

S: 1/2 PP shake and beef jerky if needed

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Librarian67
on 7/7/20 9:14 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all and a VERY happy Taco Tuesday to you.

Today was supposed to be my first day back to work (from home of course!!) after my staycation, but yesterday I had a really bad reaction to one of my new pain meds. I hydrated as much as I could and just tried to calmly get through it. I finally was able to settle down 5-ish this morning for a few hours. I just got off the phone with the pharmacist, who didn't seem too concerned. That's good at least, but yesterday and part of today were pretty miserable.

This afternoon I have the first in a new series of cervical nerve blocks. I've been a pin cushion multiple times with little relief, so I'm trying not to be too cynical about it. It often triggers other pain (migraines), so this will probably be a very long day. Fingers crossed for a better day sometime soon.

Food wasn't very good yesterday, but the scale was back down...the fickle thing! Today, I've had my first cup of Earl Grey tea with a splash of Carbmaster milk & a good helping of Miralax. Also had a very late breakfast of Vanilla Carbmaster yogurt w/ fresh blueberries & 1/4 c of slivered almonds. Before I hit the road for my appointment, I have a tea latte w/ protein powder to drive and if I'm up to it, I'd like to order fish tacos when I get home. I have more yogurt and turkey Chomps for snacks.

I also have a question for you folks who do or have done some version of IF. I've been a consistent breakfast eater since surgery and eating something small and protein forward ever couple of hours has worked for me. With the recent weight gain, I thought that I'd experiment with some IF (16:8) & Keto options and I've been delaying my first meal until late morning. That unfortunately means that I take my morning meds and supplements on an empty stomach. Wondering if I need to eat earlier or if extended periods of not eating anything may just not work for me...hmmm.

Oh well, thanks for listening.

Janet

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/7/20 9:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am not into IF. Personally I think it is just another diet fad. BUT, I do think one should pay attention to when their body is naturally hungry. I eat breakfast but not much because I am not that hungry. Usually I have it around 9 or so and delay lunch until 1 or so. I have a coffee mid-afternoon, a snack around 5, dinner around 7, and a snack around 8:30. This schedule has been built around the reality that my hunger and cravings start late afternoon and peak in the evening. It has really made a big difference in my ability to control my eating as has feeding my sweet tooth (which also never goes away) with fruit/yogurt pie and similar low-cal/low WW point foods.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 7/7/20 10:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck at your appt today. I hope all goes well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MadisonRose
on 7/7/20 12:37 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

JB what kind of protein powder do you use? Those fro-yo treats sound delicious! I'm definitely gonna have to try those! Right now my addiction is vanilla Greek yogurt, a frozen banana and some blueberries mixed together in my ninja for a delicious smoothie! Sometimes it's so thick I have to eat it with a spoon, but either way it's delish!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 7/7/20 3:05 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

The ones I have been mixing with the yogurt are the Matrix Syntax brand. I have had Peanut Butter Cookie, Mint Cookie & Chocolate and they have all mixed in well and tasted great.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 7/7/20 3:32 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Thanks! They sure sound yummy! I have never tried protein powders, but I think I'd like to try this one.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?