What's on your Saturday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/18/20 6:01 am, edited 7/18/20 6:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is going to be a hot, muggy day in the Northeast. Here on Cape Cod that means MANY people at the beach so I will not be going there. I may go early in the day with SILs to an outdoor sidewalk sale downtown. Not sure about the rest of the day.

QOTD: If you could choose your dreams, what would you prefer to dream about? I would like to dream that I am visiting with my eldest daughter and DH, both of whom have died. I would like them to be back in their prime. Maybe we would be celebrating a holiday as my husband loved to cook and DD and I loved to eat and talk in the kitchen while he cooked. The rest of the family would be there as well.

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee!

L: Everroast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Either leftover scallops and cauliflower or possibly take-out

S:bean salad and/or lemon blueberry yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 7/18/20 6:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Morning!

well our A/C bit the dust yesterday. We could either spend hundreds of dollars in parts to get it going again, or replace the whole unit. Given that it's around 30 years old, it would make much more sense plowing that money into replacing it. BUT....because of COVID, it'll take about a month to get a new one ordered and installed. Wonderful. In the hottest part of the summer. It's supposed to be horrible today - not as horrible tomorrow, but fortunately, OK for a few days after that (high 70s/low 80s starting Monday). I guess I'll just have to pray the rest of the summer is tolerable. This is going to be awful! How did people do it 40 years ago? UGH!

I'm taking my bike over for a tune-up at 9:00, then I have a virtual conference session from 12-2 (Obesity Action Committee - the whole conference is virtual this year, and there are a few "freebie" sessions). This afternoon I have to take my dad's old computer over to my mom's since her computer died the other day. No sense buying a new one since my dad's seems to work perfectly well (they were divorced).

accountability was OK yesterday, but my weight is still up from a couple of splurge days earlier in the week. I feel like a swollen, waterlogged blimp this morning. The heat & humidity we're in for later today won't help!

QOTD: I'd dream about my father for sure (he died three years ago). I'd want the dreams to be of him back before he got dementia, of course (the last year or two of his life were rough). I used to dream about him the first few months after he died, but I don't anymore - or none that I can remember. I'd also like to dream about some other people who've passed, like my best friend from high school.

TSS: 5+ y

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and some kind of fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: a protein shake sometime today (not sure if it'll be morning or afternoon)

L: 1-2 Costco chicken skewers, 1/2 C three bean salad

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries, or lime-flavored yogurt pie

D: zucchini fritters with Greek yogurt (a friend who gets those meal packages delivered a couple of times a week got zucchini fritters this time, and she doesn't want them. OK.....)

ex: if my bike is done in time, I may go riding this morning. It'll be too hot to exercise this afternoon!

have a great day, all!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/18/20 6:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sorry about the AC - that's a pain! In Florida they consider the lifespan of an AC unit to be 10 years. I had to replace mine in April and it was approximately 20 years. I think the former owners and I used it less than the average Floridian. Luckily that was somewhat "off-season" for them so I was able to have it installed within a couple of days.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 7/18/20 7:02 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh that stinks! So sorry,

White Dove
on 7/18/20 7:51 am - Warren, OH

This happened to a sister-in-law ion Oklahoma last week. Their camper was being fixed. Yesterday the camper was done and they are moving into that until they can get a new AC which is going to take more than a month. They are in Oklahoma with temps over 100.

I would suggest buying a portable AC instead of window units. It is something you can roll from room to room if you need it. It is much easier than window units and in July it might be impossible to find window units.

After your AC is replaced, I think it would be easy to resell the portable unit or just store it in case you ever needed it. Hopefully with a new unit you never will. In Ohio it is normal for an AC to last 20 or 30 years.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MadisonRose
on 7/18/20 6:53 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! My accountability wasn't great yesterday so I'm counting on today being much better. My brother is coming over and we are having brunch delivered. So I tried to order something healthy. I am so exhausted that I don't feel like doing anything this weekend. Just feel mentally drained from the long work week that was actually a shorter week since I was off Tuesday, but it still seemed to drag.

QOTD: I'd choose to dream more of loved ones. Especially those who have passed. My grandfather passed before I was born so I only have stories that family have told me of him and how wonderful and funny he was. How much he would have liked me etc. And I'd like to dream of my grandmother who passed when I was 5 because my memories of her are fading. She was such a loving, kind but stern woman who adored her family and would spoil her grandchildren. She loved to cook and you'd always find her in the kitchen cooking a big Sunday dinner or baking a delicious cake or other scrumptious goodies. The whole family would gather at her house every Sunday after church for dinner, every Thanksgiving, Christmas and any other special occasion. I have never dreamt of her or my grandfather. I did dream the other day of a dear family friend who just recently passed this past February of brain cancer. I guess I dreamt of her since it's still so recent and fresh. I grew Knowing her since I was around 2 years old. Spent a lot of time at her house and my family and hers would go camping together every year at the beach. Which is why it was so strange being at the beach this past May and her not being there. We bought a little beach flag from the souvenir shop while we were there and put it on her grave. So yeah, wish I could dream more of loved ones and happy times together.

B: coffee W/Splenda x 2

B2: egg white breakfast sandwich on an multi grain English muffin with a side of fruit.

L: L&F yogurt if still hungry from breakfast/brunch

D: leftover chicken

S: small apple

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/18/20 7:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You have a great memory if you still remember your grandmother from age 5. I have a difficult time bringing up memories of my father and brother who died when I was 12 and 14. But maybe it is because I am quite a bit older than you. I would also like to include them and my mother at my holiday gathering. I mentioned DH and DD first because they are always in the forefront of my mind.

Melody P.
on 7/18/20 7:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

long loooooong night last night. Can't wait for Tuesday to be here and done with! So much pain last night that I woke up in tears more than a few times. It's getting old real quick.

I'm getting my hair cut this morning so yay. It's going back to a shorter cut so it's easier to manage after surgery. Plus I hate it right now. I'll post pics if I like it! lol

qotd:I'd like to dream of my grandparents and uncles who have passed. Together with no fighting(long story...one uncle was an instigator trickster. He was a joker of sorts. The other was pretty ummm...well that's an even longer story). It'd just be nice to see them all getting along and out of pain. I miss them, especially my grandparents.

b:kind bar

s:freeze dried strawberries, daiya cheese and a small slice of ham

l:oatmeal with 1/2 a banana

d:egg and a waffle

s:???

Melody P.
on 7/18/20 9:13 am - Amarillo, TX

Yikes! Need to figure out styling it but soooo much shorter. I love the way it feels but it's going to take some getting used to!

White Dove
on 7/18/20 9:55 am - Warren, OH

That is a great cut and you look so beautiful.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?