What's on your Monday Menu?

White Dove
on 7/21/20 6:35 pm - Warren, OH

I think that would be an awesome experience. I did download some workouts to my Kindle Fire. I only use the treadmill when the weather is too bac to go to the pool. This should make it much more interesting and I am thinking about investing in something more modern. I love technology.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 7/22/20 2:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I really enjoy it - I feel more challenged with the auto adjustments and the videos help me get through! Sometimes I turn off the sound and jus****ch the changing scenery!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 7/22/20 3:16 am - Warren, OH

One of the important things I learned at the senior center where I used to go to exercise is that we were not there to workout, we were there to play.

The trick to exercise is to keep it fun. Back in the days before tablets and Wi-Fi, I had a TV and VCR in front of my treadmill and would start a movie and only allow myself to watch it when I was on the treadmill. I would be excited to see the next 45 minutes or hour of the movie and it kept me motivated for several years.

I have been going to gyms and pools for many years. I like being out of the house, having cute coordinated outfits and interacting with other people. With the virus, I am afraid to go back even though gyms are open here.

I am looking for something that will make exercising at home fun. I could buy the Nordic Track or something similar with the money I am not going to be spending on vacations for a while.

Julia S.
on 7/20/20 8:19 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD-Don't test your limits, eat dense protein first and skip all the fried foods and processed foods. Just because your pouch will tolerate them doesn't mean you should eat them. Learn to deal with your stress better.

It's supposed to be in the mid 90's today, so if I walk it will be on the dreadmill. I'm having a hard time focusing on what I should be, and letting go of the rest. My neighbors who are moving to Mexico asked if I'd heard about the 7.4 earthquake, supposedly there was only slight damage but I might rethink moving there. My heart still says Maui even if it is expensive. Who knows what will happen. I'd love to retire tomorrow, but I will work as long as I can.

After 4 months I finally am supposed to be getting a check on my travel insurance for the aborted trip to Disneyland. Because we actually flew down there and picked up the rental car and flew back the same day they are not reimbursing me for the entire amount. I'm only getting the hotel costs back since we never checked in. So I'm getting less than half of the cost back. I'm not very happy especially since it has taken so long. At least it is something.

My neighbors wanted me to deal with some blackberries that are encroaching on their shed. So I have the battle scars to show for it. There is still so much more to do, it's overwhelming. Can I just say I hate blackberries, they are an invasive species here and really hard to get rid of. It takes 7 years of spraying to kill them off. And if you cut them off they will reroot themselves if you leave them lying around. I also need to clean out my garage and what I don't give to charity I will take to the dump. I'm going to try to work on it as I can.

My roommate is gone, and I haven't heard from him. He said he would text me everyday to let me know he was OK, but so far nothing. It's not something I can do anything about so I need to just let it go.

I need to get back to work. Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Dee_Caprini
on 7/20/20 12:08 pm

I am definitely looking for that hand basket everyone was telling me about because this weekend was a little bit of Hell...

My husband found a leak from our kitchen sink and the cabinet underneath was soaking wet... soooo we had originally planned on using our Home Depot gift cards for some cabinets in our garage. Whelp (insert huge sigh), we got a brand new sink, faucet and garbage disposal! With one trip to Home Depot on Saturday, one trip to Lowe's and 2 trips back to Home Depot on Sunday for various new materials we found we needed along the way (We also found out that the previous homeowners cut a few corners, One being, when they installed the old sink and used gas line piping for water piping IDK). I thankfully married a pretty confident man (so attractive) and he was able to install everything with my help. He did all the grunt work)! We finally finished at 9pm.

Kids wanted to help every 2 seconds and I wish they could have! needless to say, I didn't track anything this weekend because it was a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda vibe.

I started off this morning with a Keto nutty brownie I made with sugar free chocolate, protein powder and mixed nuts... about 15 g protein

Lunch is a Turkey, Avocado and Bacon wrap

Dinner is Pot roast with vegetables

QOTD: Don't assume everyone who you think is your friend feels the same way about you. Relationships were a huge part of my eating habits and learning to find alternative ways to deal with frustrations has taken me a long time to tackle. Also, I agree with the comment of regain. It can happen if you slip up and fall off track, but to keep working on learning everything you can

White Dove
on 7/21/20 6:22 am, edited 7/20/20 11:22 pm - Warren, OH

Your various trips to stores to get parts remind me of a story. My husband was going to do some plumbing repairs and went to the hardware store on Saturday morning to pick up the things he had on his list to get the job done.

When he was leaving, the clerk said, "I will see you later".

About an hour later, Joe was back at the store to get something he had forgotten he would need. The clerk smiled and said, "I will see you later".

In another hour, Joe realized he had forgotten something else. He went to a different hardware store because he did not want the clerk at the first store to see him again.

The moral of do it yourself plumbing is that you always forget some part you will need.

Dee_Caprini
on 7/21/20 10:25 am

Oh my goodness, YES!!! I thought something came with the sink but nope, that was trip to Lowe's because it's closer but after waiting FOREVER for someone to help me, I finally decided that my other trips would be to Home Depot since the CS was by far so much better. the damage the water did to the cabinet underneath was substantial since my husband put his elbow through the bottom and hit our foundation... so a new slab of wood to repair the bottom of the cabinet. Then back to Home Depot for the garbage disposal runoff tubing since the old one was not long enough.

I learned a lot and very thankful we were able to get everything done!

The moral of the story is PERFECT... and I love our new sink setup =)

White Dove
on 7/21/20 1:38 pm - Warren, OH

I am glad it all worked out for you. Since I no longer have my husband, that would have involved me calling a plumber for the water part and then a carpenter or handy man to fix the wood part. Having someone who can do those things is so much less money than hiring it out.

Dee_Caprini
on 7/20/20 12:10 pm

Congrats on your 5 years and 12 years surgiversaries!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/20/20 5:56 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy surgiversary!!!

I am sorry you feel low about where you are, because You are an inspiration, motivation and fantastic mentor to so many of us here!

100 day challenge -
I am much better at doing time bound challenges around exercise than I have been about food, outside of completely eliminating the stuff I shouldn't have. I am all or nothing it appears.

Do you find journaling or meditation useful? Maybe a 100 day challenge in that arena?

qotd - some things are going to be easier than you expected, some will be harder, but none as hard as moving through the world as a morbidly obese person. Choose your hard.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics