What's on your Monday Menu?

ecm1109
on 7/27/20 8:42 am

Good morning,

I did not track over the weekend, so I am starting over again with day 1/100 and I don't have much of a plan today. The good news the scale is moving slightly in the right direction I am not in a good head space right now, particularly with the BF and his ridiculous politics/conspiracy theories and had a sleepless night as a result, so I did not work out this morning, did not pack a lunch today. I do have a full fridge of good dinner choices. I had a chance to stop at Trader Joe's over the weekend, it was a bit of a long wait to get into the store, but I didnt mind and I really appreciate that they limit the number of shoppers in the store at a time and the small number allows for good social distancing.

B- Coffee with half and half and stevia

L- I think i will go and get soup and a salad from a nearby place.

D-i think i will make a burrito, i have some ground beef i need to use up and i have low carb tortillas. i will add black beans and salsa to this.

QOTD-I have not tried any new recipes recently, but am hoping to get some ideas from you good people!

Queen JB
on 7/27/20 3:10 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

You've got this! My new focus is to eat close to zero points for at least two out of three meals and that way I have some to "play with" for snacks and a glass of wine, if I want it. If I stay too close to the edge I will def go over.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Julia S.
on 7/27/20 8:52 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Nothing new here, I'd rather bake than cook. But you can't live on cookies, or you could but not a very balanced diet.

OK I'm not really proud of it but I flipped off the person waving a flag who was trying to get signatures to recall our governor. I'm not even sure why they want to recall her, it is being led by the republican party and not one of them was wearing a mask. We are under a mandatory mask order, and at least indoors most people comply.

I made my 60 miles for the month, I'm over 65 so far. Today it's supposed to get to 96 so I've been going first thing in the morning. Actually before sunrise, just to avoid the heat. The walking is what helps to keep me sane. If I weren't I'm sure I'd be struggling even more than I am.

I got 5 loads of wash hung out yesterday. I started about 5AM, I was going to meet my BFF at the barn at 10:30 but she had issues at home, so she cancelled. Her husband is verbally abusive, and now has cognitive issues and his doctor reported him to DMV so he lost is license. Which only makes things more difficult for her. She's in a no win situation, and sorry to say but probably his death is the only thing that will end it. He's not healthy, and does nothing to help himself. They have been married for almost 57 years and have 3 boys- actually men now. They all hate their Dad, which is really sad to me. I would give just about anything to see my Dad again.

I have a Zoom counseling session on Friday, I really need it. I want to run away from all of this, but there is no escape as long as this pandemic exists. Feeling so trapped...

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Emiepie
on 7/27/20 10:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am sending you virtual hugs.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 7/27/20 3:14 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

White chicken chili is definitely one of my fav foods.

Have fun in the sun! I am so jealous of people who get beach time this year. I am woefully lacking but I don't want to take the risk.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 7/27/20 3:23 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

My vacation technically ends on Wednesday, but since the family is staying through Sunday I brought my laptop with me and will be working Thursday and Friday from the beach. Guess I can't complain there. Lol

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

MadisonRose
on 7/27/20 8:42 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! We arrived yesterday at the beach and it's HOT! Got my walk in this morning and was drenched in sweat. Made sure to bathe in sunscreen, but somehow already managed to get a sunburn. The sun will find me somehow sunscreen or not. Always does. I'm so jealous of my parents who have such dark skin and never burn. All I do is burn and freckle.

Accountability was much better yesterday even though I still managed to go over my calorie limit. I made much better choices though. Had my burger without the bun for dinner and snacked on mostly fruit and nuts. Hoping today will be the same.

QOTD: The crockpot white chicken chili recipe I made. Just your average simple white chicken chili with a few minor adjustments to make it bariatric friendly. Ate off of it for an entire week. It was soooo delicious! I'll definitely be making it again and again.

4 cans (15 oz.) S&W White Beans

1 can (15 oz.) Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes

1 can (4 oz.) Ortega Fire Roasted Green Chiles, Diced

2 pkgs. McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning

3 cups Water

2 Large Chicken Breasts, Boneless/Skinless (8 oz. ea.)

Directions:

Drain and rinse beans. Add beans, tomatoes, chiles, both packages of seasoning mix and 3 cups water to crock pot. Stir ingredients to mix well.

Lay both chicken breasts on top of bean and seasoning mixture. Put lid on crock pot.

Turn on to high setting. Cook 3-4 hours, or 6-8 hours on low setting.

Before serving, remove chicken breasts from crock pot, and shred the meat. Add the chicken back in the crock pot, stir and serve.

B: coffee w/ Splenda x 2 and a whole wheat English muffin with egg and bacon

S: a small apple

L: ? Something light

D: probably steak and veggies of some sort

S: maybe some watermelon

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?