What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/2/20 1:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Everyone! It's hump day, and since I am off on Friday (whoo!), I'm half way there! Yesterday was definitely better than Monday in terms of work / life balance, but I am still very ready for my 4 day weekend!

I was not a model for great eating yesterday. I ate on plan all day, but someone brought home a sharing bag of peanut butter M&Ms, and... bam just like that I had 30 points instead of my max 23. Today I think I can spend most of the day on the treadmill, working on my walking desk, so I will try to get a few of those extra calories off!

QOTD: What is your favorite decade for music? We have been watching Cobra Kai on Netflix which is basically a platform to get people my age completely nostalgic for 80s music... and it is totally working, haha. Poor Grim has had to listen to me belting out Journey, Police and Chicago ballads at the top of my lungs every night.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/2/20 2:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy halfway point! I am also on the 4 day week so yay!

im headed into the office today - going to go in Wednesday's for the next few weeks so I can do some accupuncture sessions. Then I have my Wednesday night phone banking so it will be a good busy day.

I got my flu shot in one arm and my tetanus in the other...and I am a side sleeper. I did not think that one through quite well enough, lol. Both arms are a bit sore!

qotd - I am a child of the 80s, give me some arena rock from a nice hair band and I'll sing along loudly and enthusiastically!

i am out of the packing breakfast and lunch routine so I am sure I have food for two days

coffee + half and half x3

skyr

carbmaster cottage cheese

laughing cow cheese wedge x 2

parmesan cheese chunk X2

barebells protein bar

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

momyshaver
on 9/2/20 3:47 am
VSG on 06/28/17

OMG I just saw and watched an ENTIRE SEASON of Combra Kai yesterday! I am going to go back and watch Karate Kid the next time my partner has some days off. It was before my time but it was a hit for both of us. Total win and wow, so many life lessons to unpack that I would even watch it again and that is rare for me to say about media in general TBH. I think many people could benefit from watching it and taking some things to heart in this social political climate we are immersed in.

I will probably have what I had yesterday. Trying to keep things simple. Carbs and protein measured out and focusing on getting those fluids in as well as staying on track with vitamins.

Au_Contraire
on 9/2/20 4:12 am, edited 9/1/20 9:16 pm

Hello my RnY kindred! It's still deep night here on the west coast, and I've yet to sleep. My blind Siamese Mia is the loudest cat imaginable, and between 1-5 AM is her favorite window in which to wake the dead - which she does over and over at approximately 40-minute intervals. As the sun rises, she settles in for several hours of cozy snoozing. Meanwhile, I'm beat! I love her, but she's so bad!

Things are okay here. My weight is pretty good though I'm still up a few - just a few - and I'm working on that. My birthday is about 5 weeks from now, and I want my gift to myself to be 126 again. I'm eating between 800-900 calories a day, with protein high and carbs usually under 20, not counting the creamer or cashew milk I've been using. I am going to start measuring that, but I haven't been. Cashew milk would add at most another 50 calories, but SF creamer's a heavier hit. At 38 months post-RnY, I do see some weight shifting about a bit in my body - particularly, my legs are looking less super skinny, which actually is a good thing: my jeans finally stay up and fit properly, whereas before they were (though just size 0) simply too baggy, and were constantly falling down. I probably should have gone into juniors sizing, but I didn't, because what woman, accustomed to obesity, would ever think of such a thing? I'm happier now with how my pants in general fit. Losing the few pounds needed to hit 126 shouldn't alter this much.

Covid is still with us and I'm feeling the effects of barely socializing. It's really not much fun. I like my own company, thank goodness, but even so, it's a bit much as a near-constant diet.

Then there's politics, which is frankly freaking alarming. Here in Washington state vote by mail is all there is - if I lived elsewhere I'd double-mask up, wear gloves, and maybe even eye protection, and I would volunteer to be a poll worker. But that can't happen here, so I'm going to call to see if there's something else that I can do to help. At least I won't feel that I just sat through something so important without pitching in.

On the bright side, the days here have been so fair and gorgeous! Yesterday the Sound was especially beautiful - a deep, soft turquoise close to shore, morphing into the palest, most radiant silvery blue in the deep water. It was a perfect ombre', really quite beautiful. What a spectacular world we have!

QOTD: I have pretty eclectic taste in music so it's not hard and fast, but probably the 70's.

First: coffee, most likely several mugs

B: two eggs

L: chicken, Pico de gallo

D: tuna, possibly crab, maybe some greens or a little avocado

S: I've been liking Greenridge Farms Chicken snack sticks. They are long, tasty, 100 cals, no carbs, with 15 grams of protein - a good payoff, protein-wise! I get them at Costco.

Have yourselves some fun today, my friends!

Sheila_H
on 9/2/20 5:28 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Happy to "see" you, Cara!
Funny you mentioned the polls and volunteering. I sent in my form yesterday. I had thought to sit this one out due to COVID, but saw a message from Pres Obama about how this year those who can need to step up and volunteer at the polls. So I did. In CA there will be 4 days of polls (Sat-Tue) and I volunteered to work all 4 days.
Stay safe!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 9/2/20 10:25 am

Yay for you, Sheila! I'd be there too if I could! But I'll find another way to help out. Always so nice to see you, too.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/2/20 5:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

We're all vote by mail here too but they still need signature validators, people to pick up from ballot boxes and all kinds of admin type support. Washington might be the same. I've been doing phone calls from home once a week remind people of the election, to confirm their voter registration, etc. it's something!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Au_Contraire
on 9/2/20 10:28 am

An election has a lot of moving parts, that's for sure. I'm so glad to know that you and others here are helping out. I will add !myself to the effort as well!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/2/20 5:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Great to hear from you! My brother who currently lives in San Jose is buying a house in Port Orchard so I will have soon have more family in Washington state. One nephew lives in Seattle, another is buying the house with my brother and my son plans to move there at some point.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Sheila_H
on 9/2/20 5:55 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Wait, your brother lives in San Jose, CA? When are you coming to visit him?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views