Mongolian BBQ

Tekish
on 9/23/20 3:02 pm

Since I can't participate in the Monday-Friday food threads, and I'm so excited about my lunch and dinner again today, I'm sharing it in it's own little joyous thread.

Lunch & Dinner today are, again, Mongolian BBQ.

For those that don't know, Mongolian BBQ is, it includes:

1. meat (beef, white chicken, dark chicken, and/or pork); and
  2. vegetables (cabbage, sprouts, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, pineapple, carrots and a few others I'm forgetting); and
  3. 3-4 varieties of noodles (rice noodle, and a couple others I don't recall); and
  4. Sauces (Sorta Teriyaki(ish) mild, medium, spicy, a couple curries, ginger, garlic, seafood sauce, sweet & sour, and several others)

You get a bowl, take the meat (pork), vegetables (onion, mushroom, more onion, little cabbage, little sprouts), no noodles for me, and sauces that skew hot + curry. They take your bowl and sauces and spin it about on a hot drum(ish sort of thing****il it's all cooked.

It's amazingly healthy. In my early twenties I virtually lived on the stuff for a couple months.

If you are of the vegetarian ilk, you can leave the meat out.

Really, if you haven't had it once in your life, you owe yourself.

Again, I'll be eating this for 2-3 days from my bowl loading today.

Enjoy your day, I know I am,

Tek

Siacor102
on 9/23/20 7:31 pm

Why can't you participate on the menu thread? I love Mongolian bbq too but haven't found a good place since we moved to Nevada.

Tekish
on 9/24/20 6:19 am
On September 24, 2020 at 2:31 AM Pacific Time, Siacor102 wrote:

Why can't you participate on the menu thread? I love Mongolian bbq too but haven't found a good place since we moved to Nevada.

Find one! I understand your pain, we went to one place in Las Vegas when we lived there that had gawd awful ingredients to 'make it better.' They took it in the wrong directions.

My first was Colonel Lee's. I still think it was the best.

Tek

White Dove
on 9/23/20 7:50 pm - Warren, OH

I agree that it makes a wonderful meal. There is one up the street from me and I am going to get dinner there tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this up. I had forgotten how good that is.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tekish
on 9/24/20 6:21 am
On September 24, 2020 at 2:50 AM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:

I agree that it makes a wonderful meal. There is one up the street from me and I am going to get dinner there tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this up. I had forgotten how good that is.

I used to live right around the corner from a Colonel Lee's. There were a couple months that I walked over there every day.

Enjoy your BBQ, I know I will be.

Good Luck,

Tek

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views