What's on your Saturday (Halloween) menu?

MadisonRose
on 10/31/20 3:49 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all and happy halloween! Figured I'd start us off since I'm already up. I'm sitting on my porch enjoying this cooler weather. Just finished my first cup of coffee. No plans for today really other than the usual grocery shopping and laundry.

Accountability was good yesterday, but still working on getting off these extra few pounds off that I put on after my bad eating weekend last week. It's been a struggle. I'm really bummed and angry at myself for allowing that poor decision. I'll be a year older this time next week and I was hoping to have met my goal by my birthday, but that's not going to happen now. Sigh...

QOTD: If you could dress up as anyone or anything for Halloween what/who would you be? I think I'd be a witch or a cat. Funny as I've been both as a kid.

B: coffee w/Splenda & SF creamer x 2

B2: egg white breakfast sandwich

L: protein shake

D: maybe some tuna and a hard boiled egg?

S: L&F Greek yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/31/20 5:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I am a Great Aunt this morning to a healthy 9.5 pound boy, the first in that generation. My nephew, his Dad, will be 49 next month so it has been a long time coming!

My weight is back to what it was the day before I left for Florida 20 days ago. I still have a few to get back in my comfort range but I am feeling much better about it. Mike and I are going to my place today on the west coast of Florida for a week. It will be interesting to see what he thinks of it.

QOTD: Maybe a cat?

TSS: 4 years, 7 months

B: Coffee!!! WW zero point egg/banana pancake

L: Probably out to lunch with a friend on the way to my place in Florida

D: Out to dinner at a tiki restaurant

S: Unknown

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MadisonRose
on 10/31/20 6:27 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Congrats on the new addition and becoming a great aunt!

White Dove
on 10/31/20 8:02 am - Warren, OH

New babies are so fun. I have a great nephew who was one month old this week. I really don't know when I will ever see him in person and they live 20 minutes away. But it is great how the mom's post so many photos on Facebook.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 10/31/20 5:55 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday morning everyone.

a rough night and feeling rough this morning. I hope the coffee will keep me going today...I hope...hahaha. Woke up to hear our old man cat(nearly 21) puking from overeating...always a great alarm.

I didn't do very well on my plan...had some added things I shouldn't of but was able to knock .4 off my weight somehow.

I plan on taking better pictures this evening of some of my jewelry. Here are a few things I need to take better pics of..lol

b: oatmeal and coffee

l: 1/2 Sonoma roasted veggie and kale pizza(gf and dairy free and 250 calories)

d: maybe the other half of pizza

s: gf cinnamon raisin bread w/plant based butter, popcorn and a tbs of peanut butter

MadisonRose
on 10/31/20 6:28 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Those are beautiful!!

White Dove
on 10/31/20 8:03 am - Warren, OH

Love those pieces

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/31/20 6:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

for those who didn't see my post in the general thread, Janet was in the ER yesterday, potentially heading for emergency surgery. I heard from her a couple of times yesterday, but not since last night. I'll try contacting her again this morning. I hope everything is OK...

my "redundant colon" was really acting up last night - first time in awhile. I'm sure it was because I ate a bunch of bran cereal on Wednesday afternoon to stop myself from binge eating (it worked - but I knew at the time it was a stupid idea....). Redundant colon means I have an abnormally long large intestine with lots of loops and kinks. You have to eat an adequate amount of fiber - but not too much - otherwise it sometimes has a hard time getting through those loops and air/gas gets stuck behind it and it hurts like hell (I know you all wanted to hear this...). Anyway, another name for it is "tortuous colon". That name is totally appropriate. Anyway, I was up until about 3:00 a.m. in pain. I took a ton of magnesium, and it's much better this morning - but I probably should stay close to home today just in case. Too bad because it's going to be almost 60 degrees - and only 35 tomorrow. Crap. I would have really loved to go biking today, too. Maybe I'll be in the clear later on this afternoon...

QOTD: I guess I'd go with cat as well!

TSS: 5y4m

B: protein pancakes with 1/2 C cottage cheese or Greek yogurt and the rest of the apple compote. Coffee with half & half.

MS: Fit Frappe

L: chicken sausage, apple, 1/4 C sweet potato casserole

AS: probably L&F yogurt with raspberries and/or some homemade chocolate hummus on a graham cracker

D: chicken strips, lettuce, tomato, and Greek yogurt in a low-carb wrap (probably 1/2 of one - those wraps are pretty big)

have a great day, everyone!

Maddymoe2
on 10/31/20 6:27 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Thank you for letting us know about Janet. I had not seen the other post. She has been on my mind this past week, a lot. I wish I lived closer to her.

Sorry to hear about your stomach issues. I sometimes get an odd pain on my left side, directly left of my belly button. It comes and goes. I have been to the gyn and my ovaries look good. Also, to my GP. They don't know what it is. I am wondering if I could have the same thing as you?? How was it diagnosed?

catwoman7
on 10/31/20 6:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

the guy who did my colonoscopy back in July noticed it and told me about it. Oddly, when I had a colonoscopy 10 years ago, there was no report of it. I've read it's USUALLY congenital, but not always. I don't know if the other guy just didn't notice (or didn't think it was important enough to let me know), or if it's a newer development. My dietitian wondered if it was because of all the weight loss (I lost over 200 lbs - maybe my large intestine stretched over time and is now all bunched up?? I have no idea!). But it does explain a lot of weirdnesses. Chronic constipation (although some of that comes with WLS, too****asional severe abdominal cramps - etc). I've dealt with those for a few years, so now it makes sensee. There's usually not much they can do about it unless it's really severe (in which case, they can take some of it out), but I have to really watch my fiber intake. Either too little or too much can cause problems. And, of course, keep on top of the constipation (I take magnesium and Miralax, which I know a lot of us do anyway...)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views