What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/22/20 2:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

How is Christmas this week?!? Despite being completely prepared and ready for ages (tree decorated, presents wrapped, cookies baked, Christmas movies watched...), somehow it really crept up on me, nonetheless. I've decided to take Thursday off, and that is when we are going to drop presents off to Grim's daughter and to my parents, so that we can stay in on Christmas Day and have a quiet day with just us :)

In other exciting news, I won the zoom contest with my cookies! The prize is just bragging rights, so here I am bragging! To celebrate, I sampled a few (oops), but then wrapped up the rest and I am giving them to neighbors and family.

QOTD: What is your all time, you-can-have-anything-you-want, favorite breakfast? I love a good greasy diner breakfast with sausage patties, scrambled eggs, hash browns, plain pancakes and a bottomless cup of coffee. In my pre-op days I lived down the street from a good greasy joint in Boston, and used to go out with friends to have that breakfast too often. When I smell sausage patties and maple syrup, it immediately makes me think of that place (for the locals--it was the Pour House on Boylston St!).

My accountability was still kind of meh--I am struggling with actually stopping to eat the meals I plan and instead I am grabbing what is super fast & easy (like grabbing a handful of cheese cubes instead of making a salad). I am really going to need to figure out some self-care strategies in the next few months with all of these back to back meetings. I have TWO breaks today (whoo!) so I think today should be better!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/22/20 2:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday....I bow down to the Zoom Cookie Bakeoff Winner!! Those are gorgeous!

Yesterday was busy at work, today will be slightly less busy and tomorrow will be very quiet. I have nothing that I need to do to be ready for the holiday but I do need to run to the UPS store to return a winter coat that I bought online so I'll do that between work and my pilates workout tonight.

Did anyone go out to see the Jupiter/Saturn convergence? I got some funny pictures and a couple of really good ones so was happy. I'm waiting for a battery charger to come for my fancy camera so can try to get better pictures....although it was the closest yesterday, they'll still be quite close for a few days...and when you're talking millions of miles, the difference of a few hundred from yesterday to where they will be Wednesday/Thursay is pretty negligible.

QOTD - biscuits and gravy with a side of good bacon or ham, plus a bowl of salty, buttery grits. I don't mind if there's an egg in there somewhere but it's not required.

Menu today

Half pot of coffee with half and half

Steak I didn't make from yesterday

Everroast Chicken plus slice of cheddar

Dinner might be the left over steak or something else

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 12/22/20 3:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It was completely overcast here, so we couldn't see it, but I saw some very neat pics on the news. So cool!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 12/22/20 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Ditto

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 12/22/20 3:49 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I saw a bright star out of my basement window and I'm declaring victory. It's freaking freezing out.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 12/22/20 4:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it was cold here too - and overcast. Plus light pollution. Boo.

Emiepie
on 12/22/20 5:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

It's been too foggy here to see anything.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/22/20 5:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good to know that we might be able to see it tonight. Like JB, it was too overcast where I live to see it.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MadisonRose
on 12/22/20 4:17 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Congrats on winning JB!!! Your cookies are beautiful! Almost too pretty to eat.....almost! Lol Gotta rush this morning as I have a work meeting in just a few. Accountability was ok yesterday. Today should be even better as I only have healthy foods in the house.

QOTD: French toast with powdered sugar and syrup and a side of sausage patties! Or maybe a huge pile of pancakes with chocolate chips! There is this one local restaurant here I used to love to go to before surgery who had these amazing banana foster waffles!!! Omg soooo good and sooool many calories! So maybe that too! Lol

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: protein shake

L: 2 oz chicken breast & a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: Leftover chicken soup or gumbo

S: L&F Greek yogurt & an apple or banana

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Christina135
on 12/22/20 4:26 am

Good morning!

Happy Taco Tuesday! JB those cookies are freaking beautiful! Congrats on your win, well deserved.

QOTD - This should come as no shock. Tacos. Breakfast tacos. But not just any run of your mill tacos. See, I live in the land of breakfast tacos. There is literally a place to get breakfast tacos on every corner. Everyone here has their favorite go to. My absolute favorite is a dusty fat flour tortilla, piping hot off the comal. Fill it with refried beans and papas, and serve it with with choice of red or green salsa on side. H E A V E N. I need nothing else. Tacos will always always always be my comfort food. To this day, when I get a taco I do the little taco dance in my chair. It's a thing.

Breakfast - fasting, so no tacos. Water, hot black coffee

Lunch - No clue. I'm out of soyrizo, out of kale, so I may make more papas guisadas and vegan cheese, have over toast with avocado butter.

Snack - fruit smoothie

Snack - pepitas with dried fruit, apple with peanut butter

Dinner - taco time! Bean and vegan cheese, lettuce tomato, and papas guisadas (I know I will have leftovers from this morning) - hubs and MIL will have chicken fajitas.

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?