What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Maddymoe2
on 1/27/21 8:21 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

I hope your day gets better. When I have days that I feel like I am going to cry, I just let it out. I don't fight it. It's okay to feel whatever your feeling. I also find that the older I get, my PMS and TOM is worse. On those days, I just grant myself grace. Do something just for you today. Maybe a hot bath, paint your nails, something that brings you joy.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/27/21 12:44 pm

Sorry to hear that. I finally accepted that I get fibromyalgia flares.

Not only my lower back, and joints hurt, but it seams everything hurts. And it takes a long time for that to pass.

Sometimes food I ate triggers that, other time is "just" stress, or some other event I had.

You had injections in the eye, that in itself can be super stressful event that can trigger fibro flare. Hope you feel better soon.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Emiepie
on 1/27/21 3:36 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sending some extra virtual hugs your way.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/28/21 5:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks so much! I have tried to get diagnosed with fibromyalgia but the doctors always said that I just needed to lose weight or some other stupid reason. I am fairly certain I do have it.

I am just so thankful for all of you here. I really mean that.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/27/21 5:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Another great beach day yesterday and the same looks to be on tap for early today. Last night we had a great dinner out with friends of mine and the husband who hadn't met Mike really got along well with him and got over his trepidation about meeting someone I am dating (he was very close with DH). I am heading back to my place this afternoon.

QOTD: I love all kinds of fish where previously I just loved lobster. I don't like pasta much (though I will eat a small amount) because too much makes me uncomfortable where I used to LOVE it.

TSS: 4 years, 10 months

B: Coffee!!! egg breakfast sandwich

L: chicken salad

D: leftover light lasagne from last night (yummm)

S: nut thins and cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 1/27/21 5:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Thanks for starting this morning and I'm glad your meeting went well. I got a call yesterday that the drs nurse practitioner could see and I was able to leave work to go. The good news is she thinks I can rehab my injuries (there are a few things going on) and won't need surgery (hopefully the physical therapy schedule works in my favor and I can go after work without an issue since it's two days a week for at least a month). The bad news is no working out (she took away the approval to use the elliptical) at least until I go back to her in a month. I have heard in the past that a sprain can be worse than a break, so I guess should have gone in when I rolled my ankle in November.

Accountability: Honestly, it's been worse than normal since I've been dealing with the on again off again workout routine. I've used that as an excuse to feel sorry for myself and throw in the "f-it" towel more times than I'd like to admit. I know I can't do that for a whole month so I need to find a routine that works and gives me some "me time".

QOTD: I did not like pork rinds before, I had only tried them maybe twice and thought they were gross. Hmmmm, after I don't really like donuts (crazy!) I mean I don't know if I don't like them as I haven't had one since just the smell turns me off oh and I don't really care for ground beef.

TSS: 6 years, 5 months

B: Sf latte, Jimmy Dean scramble and a kiwi

L: 1/2 turkey sandwich with Chompie's bread, salad, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, turkey stick bites, yogurt, and a plum

D: Chicken apple sausage links, cauliflower with sauce, sliced orange/ banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: :(

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1352 Protein:134 Carbs:115 Fat:46

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 1/27/21 8:04 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Kelly, I am sorry, that sucks :( I have been doing workouts on zoom with friends, and there are still a ton of things you can do. Any ab work, laying down (no pressure on your ankle). Upper body exercises too. And of course if you have any resistance bands along with weights, you can really work up a sweat while staying off of your ankle/foot. I am happy to send over some exercises if that would be helpful for you!

Emiepie
on 1/27/21 8:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm also going to get advice from the physical therapist when I go in.

Greateight
on 1/27/21 6:11 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I had an early call this morning, so I have been up but working. We got about two more inches of snow yesterday, so probably about 5 in total. I went back out last night for a second round of shoveling. The evening shoveling was much easier.

Since I battled snow all day, the dishes are getting the best of me today, so that is on the agenda for this afternoon. When it's just me, its pretty easy to stay on pace, but when I add my son in, it gets overwhelming. Plus when he has baking for school, he uses every utensil in the house.

We booked a cruise for my son's HS graduation in 2022. I let him choose one place where we hadn't been and he chose an Iceland/Greenland trip. I was kind of hoping that we would choose the Greek Island voyage, but its his graduation. Hopefully, COVID is gone by then and we can actually go. We have over a year to cancel, so we should know.

QOTD: I used to love Diet Coke before surgery and now it tastes like metal. I drank it on the cruise every day last winter because there weren't a lot of other choices that didn't involve being in an alcoholic fugue for 11 days and I was worried that I would be back on the train after that. Nope, haven't had one since. On the other side, I find that I don't need variety as much any more and can be happy eating the same thing repetitively.

Breakfast: Omlette

Snack: protein bar

Lunch: Mahi burger

Snack: chomps

Dinner: Ham

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 1/27/21 7:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think things will probably be pretty much back to normal by the time you go on that cruise (May/June 2022). In fact, as long as the vaccine distribution goes as hoped, we may be mostly out of the woods by sometime this coming fall. I hope so, anyway..

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views