What's on your Tuesday menu?

MadisonRose
on 2/2/21 4:35 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning guys! Figured I'd get us started since I'm up and still feeling pretty crappy. Don't sleep much anymore. I'm just getting ready to go back to the ENT this morning.....hoping I can get some relief! Had to cancel my plastic surgery consult that was scheduled for tomorrow which made me sad, but I'll just have to reschedule once I'm better. It's the least of my worries right now.

QOTD: What was the worst sickness you've ever had? Or the time you felt the most miserable? I'd have to say this is it for me!

No food plan today....just pushing more liquids and probably some soup.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/2/21 4:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I posted just after you, so I deleted it. I knew that would happen! I am so sorry you are still sick. It has really been dragging on for you.

Good morning! I am feeling bored about my routine today. Walk, laundry, walk dog, run vacuum robot, maybe finish changing my chalkboard backsplash. Sigh...

QOTD: I had pneumonia as a child (probably around age 6) over Christmas. Though I wasn't hospitalized, I was so sick the doctor who happened to live in my neighborhood came over on Christmas Day to make sure I was okay staying home. I remember struggling to breath at times and having to breath steam to break up the congestion. But I rarely get sick and get over it quickly, just as I did with Covid in November. I have had Strep at least once and was very sick for a day or two but once on antibiotics it resolved very quickly.

TSS: 4 years, 10 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

L: everroast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: leftover grouper and cole slaw

S: nut thins and cottage cheese, WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MadisonRose
on 2/2/21 4:57 am
RNY on 01/23/19

I just knew someone was going to post the same time as me as well! Lol. It's happened about three times already. Oh I can't even imagine having pneumonia as a child like that. That must have been miserable! Glad you recovered quickly from COVID! And thank you! Hoping the doctor can give me something for relief today....fingers crossed!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Teenie
on 2/2/21 7:41 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Sorry you are bored. I wish I had that problem. But just think you could be up here shovelings snow.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/2/21 8:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am SO LESS bored than most. Most days are pretty full. It is only a couple of days a week like this for me. So many have day after day of tedium. I feel guilty complaining.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teenie
on 2/2/21 1:53 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Don't worry you deserve to be spoiled. We all do.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

KalesD
on 2/2/21 4:48 am
RNY on 09/30/20

I was reminded last night when my 8 hour shift turned into 12 hours that I am most definitely not at the same stamina level I was at before surgery. I am paying for it today and praying that my 8 hours is 8 hours today, with no call backs. I am exhausted.

QOTD: I had the flu in college. High fever, cough, shakes, fatigue. It was exam week. I remember studying in the recliner at home with my heated blanket on or off depending if I was too hot or too cold. I had a box of Kleenex on one side, a bag for used ones on the other and a textbook on my lap. My mom told me she was 'too busy' to drive me to my exam and that I had to drive myself. I parked in the furthest student lot because it was the ONLY spot I could get. I took the 'short cut' up the hill.. it was wet and grassy. I fell down the hill and then had to walk all the way around. I turned up to my exam wet, covered in mud, fevered and straight up disgusting. I had never been sicker & I aced that damn exam! (That would never fly these days..)

also good news / my replacement coffee maker arrived last night and my lovely partner did set it up and did the clean cycle for me so it'll be ready for me when I'm ready for it (as soon as I'm done this post ?)

B: Fairlife Latte

S: Skyr yogurt & PB

L: Turkey meatballs, marinara sauce, cauliflower

S: unsure - maybe protein shake&coffee or something solid

D: low carb tortilla, mozzarella cheese

S: TBD

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/2/21 6:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a flu story! It does take time after WLS to fully recover your stamina partially because you are healing but also partially because your caloric intake is so low in the early months.

Christina135
on 2/2/21 4:58 am

Mernin' errybody. Damn it's early.

QOTD - I got the flu, about this time last year. It's the only time I've ever gotten flu and it knocked me on my ass. It took me out of work for a solid week, and I was sick for a week after. This was right before Covid hit. It changed my view on flu vaccines (I got one for the first time in 20 years in October 2020, and I will going forward annually). I have never been sicker as an adult.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - Soyrizo and papas with kale, toast or corn tortillas not sure which

Snack - apple with peanut butter and pepitas

Snack - fruit smoothie

Dinner - No idea. I'll figure something out. Something veggie, something carby usually works.

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Greateight
on 2/2/21 5:51 am
RNY on 08/29/18

"Mernin" always makes me think of Sandy Squirrel.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views