What's on your Thursday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/8/21 3:55 am - Amarillo, TX

just in case you didn't know!

well there was indeed a new bleed but it wasn't bad enough to prevent the laser treatment being done. If this doesn't work it'll be surgery...which I just have the feeling will be the case. If it'll keep it from bleeding I'm all for it. I can barely see out of it this morning since there is so many globs...I see light just can't make stuff out clearly.

I was really down in the dumps last night. Had a good cry, it was very cathartic though. I felt kind of like a money pit...like maybe I am not worth the effort and time. Thankfully that was short lived.

This morning I have to go reapply at the clinic I go to. Other than that I need a restful day. I'm exhausted from having to do so much yesterday.

QOTD: Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated?

that's a conundrum for me. I love technology! But I also don't even own a cell phone...let alone a smart phone. I think it's taken away human connections but also at the same time let you be exposed to people you'd never thought you'd be. For instance...OH! I am so thankful for this place and some of my dear friends I've met through the years on the internet.

so it's a mixed bag for me...I'd say mostly it has improved quality of life.

B: just egg, chicken breakfast sausage, toast and coffee here in a while

L: thinking GF chicken nuggets and a tostada shell

D: some kind of egg roll in a bowl...haven't decided what kind of meat to use

S: popcorn or GF pretzels and ???

Have a wonderful day everyone!

catwoman7
on 4/8/21 4:46 am, edited 4/7/21 9:47 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I can't believe I forgot to post again yesterday - and I forgot my afternoon vitamins, too. Sheesh. I don't know what's wrong with me lately - other than a lot on my mind, I guess.

I met another really great person for coffee yesterday - someone I met on Bumble (the friend mode, of course...). She lives just a few streets away from me, and we have some mutual friends. I liked her a lot. She's a retired education professor (my age), and her husband is a neuroscientist. We have some common interests - and we've made plans to go biking and kayaking this summer. So another score!

classes this morning. I'm feeling behind because I have been researching furnaces this week, as well as hosting Zoom events. This was a busy week. Luckily, things will really start to die down after April and won't pick up again until the fall. I need the break.

QOTD: It probably makes my life more complicated, but at the same time, it has brought things into my life that never would have been brought in otherwise - new friends, reconnections with old friends, classes, lectures, being able to buy things that would have never been available to me before, etc. I am grateful for it every day.

I haven't worked out my menu yet (I usually do it before I go to bed), but here goes:

B: Greek yogurt with raspberries and 2 T muesli (it's German week at Aldi's! So I got some of this in addition to some other things). Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 1 serving Thai salad kit with 1 Costco chicken skewer

AS: 1/2 protein muffin, Skyr

D: small piece of spanakopita

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 4/8/21 5:43 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Yesterday was restful and fun. We walked the Arboretum, checked out the architecture in some neighborhoods, took naps and then had a fabulous dinner with friends.

l don't even want to think about how I did calorie wise. I feel ok about breakfast, great about lunch, and dinner was just terrible. But damn it was good.
QoTD: like most of us, technology is the bane of my existence. I have a love hate relationship with it. Besides the social positives and negatives. I could NOT be as successful at work with my computer doing what I used to have to do by hand. But when my computer is acting up, it's nearly impossible to do my job at all now!

menu is completely undetermined and feels a bit out of my control. So I'm aiming for small amounts of bad decisions and trying to look for the most wholesome proteins at my meals. Heading to Austin today!

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Emiepie
on 4/8/21 5:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday-Eve! Melody, be kind to yourself during this time, you deserve to be able to let it out.

QOTD: I agree about being split. As with almost everything there are pros and cons.

TSS: 6 years, 7 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Deli ham, spinach salad with cheese, SF pudding and a honeycrisp apple

S: SF latte, Whisps, an apple and yogurt

D: Roasted turkey breast, cauliflower with cheese, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1358 Protein: 110 Carbs:128 Fat: 48

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 4/8/21 6:39 am
RNY on 08/29/18

How is Emily feeling?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 4/8/21 9:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

She's a trooper and is pretty much back to normal. She worked 6 hours Tuesday and 4 yesterday in addition to her school schedule. I appreciate you asking :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/8/21 5:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Quick post as it is already almost 9 am. I am happy to rest from golf practice today as my arm really hurts. I practiced 3 days in a row for an hour each day and this morning it kills. I was doing better yesterday so hopefully this is just unused muscles acting up. No beach, golf, or wine dinners today as I am driving Mike to the airport so he can go to Cape Cod for the weekend with his daughters and their families. They are going to do spring cleanup for the year and visit for the first time since last summer. All are vaccinated except the 2 grandchildren. I will be here alone which may be a bit weird, though that did happen once when he visited with his son.

QOTD: I love technology and worked in the field for years as a programmer, analyst, project planner and strategic planner. And I still love technology gadgets. But I don't like how it has allowed some bad behaviors like online bullying. I feel that it allows some people to hide from human contact and therefore lose the ability to interact with others properly.

TSS: 5 years

B: Coffee!!! WW egg and banana pancake

L: Fish of some sort (out to lunch)

D: Crab cake?

S: Nut thins with cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Christina135
on 4/8/21 6:43 am, edited 4/8/21 12:00 am

Mernin' errybody

QOTD - I am a technology person. I've worked in IT for most of my professional career, and I'm super comfortable with it. so for me, I will say it simplifies it.

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee, and water

Lunch - papas and soyrizo, on corn tortillas with vegan cheese

snack - mandarin and apple with pepitas

snack - chocolate mint kale smoothie with chia seeds

dinner - No clue, but we have kids this weekend so thinking maybe homemade pizzas, vegan style for me.

Have a great day y'all!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Greateight
on 4/8/21 6:54 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Are you still feeling OK a few days after the accident?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Christina135
on 4/8/21 11:34 am

Surprisingly, the gratefulness of being alive and in one piece is overriding the soreness. So yes, even though I am REALLY sore, I am doing ok. Thank you for asking!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views