What's on your Wednesday menu?

Greateight
on 5/5/21 7:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Jelly!!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 5/5/21 9:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wish I could ship it to ya!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 5/5/21 7:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

too hot for me! I like the 70s and low 80s. I wish we'd get back there!!!

Lisa91941
on 5/5/21 6:29 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

This last weekend, I learned how to make Old Fashioneds. Last night, Clay learned how to make Old Fashioneds. I think he's meant for me...

Stella be damned!

Greateight
on 5/5/21 7:06 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Sounds like fate!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 5/5/21 9:31 am - Warren, OH

I was trained pretty much the same way, but told never to arrive at a work meeting more than 10 minutes early, because otherwise it looks like you don't have enough to keep you busy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 5/5/21 6:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Melody - some of those antidepressants, like Paxil/paroxetine for example, are notorious for causing weight gain. I'd check to see if they can get you something else. Fortunately, weight gain isn't a side effect of ALL of them.

We have pretty much the same weather as Jim, so we're in a cold snap here, too. I'm supposed to bike to the next town over with a friend today (a coffee destination, of course), but he's not been fully vaccinated and so isn't comfortable being indoors yet, so I'm not sure if he'll still be up for it. 50s is fine weather for biking, but not for sitting outside. Maybe he'll go anyway and just dress for it. If he wants to postpone, I'll go to the gym and do the weight machines - I haven't done it yet this week and need to get two sessions in by Saturday.

my weight is way up this morning, but I know it's water. Other than one day in Chicago, my calories have been great for several days - and my exercise, too. I had things like ham and gomae on my menu today, but I may rethink that because of the sodium. It'd be nice to be back down a couple of lbs by tomorrow morning (not to the mention the fact feeling this bloated is damned uncomfortable!)

I've been "going to" (via Zoom) Unjury's Wednesday night support group off and on for the last few months (depends on the topic - and my time). Often they have a speaker, but sometimes they just chat. The one tonight could be interesting - here's the link in case anyone's interested (well, now that I look at it, I guess I can't send you the link because it has my name on it - but here's the Web page where you can register for their Zoom support programs, and they'll send you a link every week in case you're interested. The topic tonight is stress hormones & weight management - and the speaker is a psychologist with particular interests in exercise and bariatric surgery). Unjury has a support group on Tuesdays for people who are pre-op up to one year post-op, and this one on Wednesdays for people who are at least one year out - although there are newbies who come to "ours", too - so they sometimes end up talking about newbie issues, too. But there are times that I do get something out of them. Anyway, here's the page where you can register for their support programs in general:

https://unjury.com/resources/weight-loss-surgery-unjury-care s/

QOTD: oh early for sure. Twenty minutes is a bit much - I'm usually more like five or ten minutes early - but I'd rather be twenty minutes early than ten minutes late! (or even five minutes late!)

B: vanilla skyr with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake blended with ice and kale/spinach blend

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

AS: iced latte (made with 2% milk and SF syrup). Maybe a protein muffin later

D: Costco chicken skewer on 1/2 pita with 2 T hummus (and cucumber slices), 1/2 C low fat coleslaw, 1/2 C gomae (may rethink this...there's still too much sodium in this dinner...a chicken skewer is better than ham, but still...)

have a great day, everyone!

Melody P.
on 5/5/21 8:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Wow...I am on Paxil! I will be asking for a switch for sure!

catwoman7
on 5/5/21 9:03 am, edited 5/5/21 2:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that one is one of the worst offenders! A lot of physicians like it, especially for women. It works really well and it's good for anxiety as well as depression - BUT...weight gain is really common with it. I've been on it twice (not in several years, though). I gained about 20 lbs both times I was on it. I won't go on it again (luckily, I haven't needed it...but if I ever do, I'll insist on something else!)

Just found this. These are all antidepressants that can cause weight gain. It says Paxil/paroxetine is the one most commonly associated with weight gain!

https://www.healthline.com/health/antidepressants-that-cause-weight-gain#ssris

Melody P.
on 5/5/21 12:26 pm - Amarillo, TX

It has definitely caused more strife with the weight gain than it has helped with my depression and anxiety. Granted I've had a ton of crap going on but my eating if anything since starting this has been better. My A1c is considered normal( I would like to bring it down a bit more).

thanks for mentioning that. I knew it had to be a big contributor.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views