What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/9/21 4:04 am - Amarillo, TX

We can wish right!?

Good mornin everyone! Hope that you're all doing ok. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!

I'm running on very little gas. Just not sleeping well. A lot of discomfort in my eye and the gas bubble...we'll I can even see it in the dark so it plays on me being able to sleep as well. Thankfully it should be gone I'm 3 or 4 days. All I know is I'm exhausted!

It's a good thing we got a new coffee maker...our old one sprung a leak yesterday at the base(pod coffee maker). Things can sure work out weird sometimes. I really like the new coffee maker so far...it does k cups and nespresso pods...which I don't have any of yet. I love espresso but never have it so this should be fun for every once in a while.

Looking to get my COVID-19 vaccine Wednesday. Since I have had to cancel twice it's been super frustrating. I want to get it so much! With the back surgery and the eye thing moved up...it's just frustrating.

QOTD: What do you do to get rid of stress?

This is a hard one for me. It's usually some sort of craft....chainmaille to be exact. With my eye thing it's been frustrating to say the least. I've been trying counted breathing but in all honesty it's not working a whole lot. I'm a stress ball but at least it should be on the way out.

B: JUST egg, chicken sausage and GF toast - coffee before

L: chili with maybe a piece of smoked turkey sausage. A sprinkle of bacon piece and chao cheese

D: probably chili again...depending on how my my stomach responds at lunch

S: mixed fruit and ???

have a wonderful day everyone!

catwoman7
on 5/9/21 6:06 am, edited 5/8/21 11:06 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we're meeting the moms (mine and DH's) for brunch at 11:00. It's just a coffee place that has things like sandwiches, so hopefully it won't be packed with Mother's Day diners. I may just take a protein bar with me and order coffee - or a latte with SF syrup. I'm still battling a slight gain (although it's coming down....slowly), and I really don't want my weight spiking again. DH is thinking maybe dinner with his mom, too (she's dealing with anxiety issues, so we're trying to spend more time with her), but I'll probably punt that. They can do their thing, and I'll just eat here. Other than that, I have no idea what I'll do today. Maybe go for a bike ride if it isn't too cold or windy.

QOTD: since the pandemic started, I've usually responded to stress with exercise, which does help. And of course, it's one of the better ways to deal with it! Getting outside exercise - walking or biking - is an especially good way to help with it, since being out in nature is good for stress, too.

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: coffee or a low-cal coffee drink at the brunch place - maybe a protein bar if I'm hungry (otherwise I'll eat something when I get home - like a bowl of chili or some deli turkey, maybe...)

AS: protein muffin

D: probably a salad with some deli turkey

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 5/9/21 8:04 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and wishing all the women in all the stages of their lives an extra special day. Moms, bonus moms, fur moms, never got to be or never wanted to be moms. Ladies missing their moms or finding their table short a child. Whatever your role is, I hope you have a lovely and special day. This is a hard day for me, but I am embracing the good things in my life.

Today I am going shopping with my daughter. Since Covid, we haven't had a single "just the two of us" date and we are looking forward to wandering an outdoor mall and trying to find a bite to eat. Other than that, I plan on a low key day with plenty of time in the kitchen. I went to a few specialty stores yesterday and got the makings for some fun meals. And that of course is my QoTD: Cooking, trying out new recipes and feeding people I love is my best stress reducer. Chopping and dicing, moving from counter to stove to sink to fridge -- I find it very calming and centering.

Menu: going to go easy during the day, because dinner promises to be wonderful.

B: Chicken bites and 1/4 c cottage cheese

L: tbd -- but probably split a salad and sandwich with my daughter. I'll only eat the insides of my half of the sandwich

D: Roasted Splotch****ed chicken cooked on a bed of onions and homemade brown butter corn bread croutons ( the juice from the chicken turns it into a lovely sort of stuffing) and sliced heirloom tomatoes. I got some pre-cooked gourmet mac and cheese for the hubs. I'm going to have plenty of leftovers and I can't wait!

S: Making my first "Old Fashioned" ****tail at home tonight. I learned how last week and got the ingredients yesterday.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 5/9/21 6:50 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Mother's Day

i spent Saturday with my mom for Mother's Day. It was my first traveling since surgery. I think I did really well but did not officially measure portions, just an eyeball. I did try to eat slow and pay attention to signals of satiation. I still have some learning to do with eating out. Early days yet.

QOTD: of course exercise is a great stress reliever but I can't say I actually do that. I probably read or watch TV. This will be my next goal after establishing new eating habits and a exercise routine.

B: 1 breaded chicken strip, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp poppy seed dressing

L: protein bar

D: 1/4 c taco meet, 1/4c black beans, 1 mini guacamole

S: protein drink

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 453 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 410 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views