What's on your Monday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 5/31/21 8:05 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! We went to the actual movies last night! There were 8 people in the entire theatre. We had our 6 feet, plus probably a dozen more. I love the movies. We saw Wrath of Man. Over the top action adventure, and if you are into that genre, not bad. I am into that over the top stuff. Things that cut too close to real life are the ones I avoid. Next up is Cruella, but my daughter just told us she's renting it on Disney+ and we share the app, so maybe watch that one at home. My husband and son in law are golfing today, so we've agreed to all meet for "linner" and eat around 3. That's going to mess with me and I am going to try to plan accordingly. Other than that, I just need to pop into Target. I had a blush emergency this weekend and my compact deconstructed into a hot mess. So I need a new blush. Any bets that I find a dozen other things I "need" at Target?

I am also de-carbing this week with JB and team. I was telling my husband what the week would look like and that I would make him some sort of carb-ish thing with his dinners, and his response was "Don't worry about it, I could use to drop a few pounds too". So that will make it easier to menu plan. I sort of started yesterday, and had a bit of a hard time getting my calories in the range I want, and topped out at 69 carbs. 60 is my daily goal. So it will be a balancing game this week.

QoTD: Always beef jerky (which reminds me I need to buy beef jerky at Target)

Menu

B: chicken breast bites, 3 oz, 1/4 C cottage cheese

Linner Not sure, but I'll pick something apart and eat the meat/cheese

D: we really won't be eating dinner but I am going to cook off some chicken thighs for use this week and I will probably eat one with a bit of cheese.

S: beef jerky, 1 oz, cheese whisps 1/2 serving

I need to add lunch, but right now I am looking at 78 grams of, 6 grams of carbs, 446 calories.

Peace everyone!! I'm am grateful for the brave men and women who gave their all for the USA and their families that supported them and endured their loss.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 5/31/21 8:28 am, edited 5/31/21 1:48 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Normally, I don't post on the weekends, but it looks like a full house today. I am joining in with AMAW. I would like to get back to where I was at last summer, which is about ten pounds lighter than now. Also, I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so there's another reason to start today.

I placed a big order with Steve's Paleo goods Saturday night. Jerky and meat sticks. But it won't come for a few days.

I took a rest day yesterday, to recover from Murph, so I have a little extra lifting that I need to get done today. Also, my son wants me to take him fishing, but we can't seem to sync our sleep schedules.

My youngest is still in school, so he has homework to do.

QOTD: Eggs or sugar free jerky are absolutely the choices. Usually I get a protein bar (at best). We are on this page for a reason.

Breakfast: ham

Lunch: Tuna

Dinner: Maybe steak

Have a great day all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/21 2:39 pm
RNY on 05/17/21

All of your menus sound so good! 5 months prior to being approved for my WLS I had to work with a dietician to prepare for how I would eat after my surgery. I'm so glad my surgeon has this program because I was already eating like I will and I practiced not drinking before, during and after eating. I look forward to eating the wholesome foods I was eating before to fuel my body. I just started playing with some mushy foods, but have 2 more weeks on my liquid diet.

Queen JB
on 5/31/21 2:52 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Welcome!

My humble advice - if you aren't hungry, stay on liquids for as long as you can tolerate it. The first year is really your best chance to actually lose the weight. It's not that you can't lose after a year but it gets a lot harder, so double down and take advantage of not being hungry lose lose lose as much as you can while it's "easy".

Also--you can totally drink right up until your first bite of eating--in fact you will really have to otherwise you will never have enough time between your frequent and tiny meals to be hydrated. It's only during and after that you need to avoid :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

lmfontana4
on 5/31/21 6:30 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi Everyone

Happy Memorial Day to you. I haven't posted for several day since I have been at work this weekend. Lots of sick people at the hospital this weekend. Yes, still some with COVID. I am off today so did chores today.

QOTD: nuts, cheese, protein drink or bar, meat stick or jerky. Depends on what is available

B: F&L Greek yogurt

L: protein drink

D: 1/3 c chicken tikka with 1/4c cauliflower

S: 1/3 c frozen Greek yogurt with 1/4 c bluberries

E: 2 mile walk, 20 minutes yoga

my daughter and I also did Just Dance for 30 minutes that was fun my rhythm was way off

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views