What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Melody P.
on 7/2/21 10:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Agreed. My grandpa had ptsd and loved the big fireworks but would get unnerved by the ones that just went boom. He was in a tank in WWII and it reminded him of the guns. He also had a dog that literally ripped off the back door to get in due to fireworks. I really don't care for them at all. They really unnerve me as well. It seems the folks on my street REALLY a love them. My poor Frankie really freaks out.

White Dove
on 7/2/21 11:44 am - Warren, OH

I am actually the cranky old lady who calls the police when the fireworks get loud. I tolerate on the 4th, but get mad when they start a month early. But I did still laugh about this:

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

supershopper
on 7/2/21 6:08 am

no pics for me- too much going on. today is the last day before my vacation next week. I will have to work some this weekend plus might have to bring laptop with me to work 2- 1/2 days there. not sure but really have some things with deadlines.

QOTD- we will be flying to San diego! so yes, we are using a new dog sitter so I'm nervous about that. plus the fireworks with the dogs, hopefully they will be ok and she will protect them and take care of them properly.

we are officially only a 1 house owner now and a motorcoach owner. yayy. closing remote was easy, sign a bunch of crap, have notary do their thing then fedex it back.

food today:

1) eggs/high fiber tortilla

coffee

2) leftovers (i had chicken fajitas) that made 3 meals total at the restaurant.

3) yogurt and fiber one buds

unsure of the rest.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Lisa91941
on 7/2/21 6:17 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Welcome to my hometown! Not sure where you are staying, but it's a beautiful city!

cheapskate
on 7/2/21 6:19 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Well I'm on the no picture band wagon because I'm lazy....

yesterday work had a cook out and i had a big ouch day so it wasn't the best. I ended up with my planned burger, another patty and a slice of pork loin. We were driving so i only had 2 dukes meat sticks otherwise. The guys were trying to get me to eat the delicious dessert but Indidnt fall for it!

today is a crap shoot. I brought shakes and threw one in the fridge but my friend is a grazer and i know we will stop a million places....may i be strong, may i be strong. I tend to give in to peer guilt but it this time!!! I really want to lose 6 pounds by a wedding later this month.

Lisa91941
on 7/2/21 6:24 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Hello holiday weekend. My son arrives today in his little rig, and my daughter and her family check into their bungalow this afternoon. So by 5 tonight, I'll be surrounded by my favorite people on the earth. The RV park is crazy busy so it's going to be a loud, fun weekend. We have lots of on site amenities, and we have brought Phase 10, LCR and Yardzee (jumbo dice that you throw out of a bucket and score as in Yahtzee) and so much food!! I've got lot's of great choices to pick from. I did just have to stop at the store and get more Gatorade Zero though. I've not kept up my routine and I am paying for it dearly in nightly leg cramps. Will be pushing the Gatorade this weekend.

QoTD: see above! Hoping that we can see some of the fireworks shows over the bay from our RV location.

Menu:

B: leftover carne asada and beans

L: left over chicken shawarma and veggies

D: My daughter is in charge of tonight's meal. I can't remember what she signed up for, but I remember it's a good option for me!

Have a safe and fun 4th of July weekend! Peace Everyone.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 7/2/21 8:11 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Have a great time with all your kids and favorite people around you.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Christina135
on 7/2/21 6:36 am, edited 7/1/21 11:38 pm

*EDIT - this was to JB's original post, meant to reply directly. It's early and I need more coffee, clearly.

Well, since you are about 6 years out, have you considered circadian rhythm IF? There's a lot of articles, and I know you're a reader so I can definitely let you google, research it on your own. I started with 12/12, and worked up to what I do now (I do an 18:6 every day, sometimes a 24 on the weekend). It's not for everyone but something you said keyed me in to it. I think the biggest benefit I have received from IF is the appetite correction (so unexpected) and the desire to truly feed myself well. All I can tell you is that after decades of "dieting" and measuring and logging...I won't ever live that way again. I do come post here again, but that's mostly because I like seeing you guys and interacting with people who are in the same boat (surgically speaking).

Something happens when you do IF. It's been life changing for me. I don't know how to explain it. I can only tell you that never in my life have I weighed 124lbs. But here I am. And I do eat things like tacos, and pizza and cake, as treats when I want them. I do not deny myself anything. Yes, I eat plant based but I eat really really well, and I have treats often. I simply don't do it outside of my "feeding window". At this point I don't do IF to lose weight. In fact, I could probably gain 5 lbs. and feel okay with it. I've NEVER felt I could gain weight and be okay with it. Now, I'm doing IF for the autophagy and other health benefits that have come along like the inflammation going away in my joints, mind clarity, etc.

If you were a brand new person with a brand new pouch, would never recommend. But at this point, you can definitely try.

I know I've suggested it here before, and it's not for everyone so if you decide, eh, not for me, DEFINITELY no harm no foul. But if you try it, just know. It takes about a month to start seeing some benefits. That first month a lot of healing is going on in your body (inflammation going down, etc.) and it takes a while to get used to it. But once you do...it's pretty damn amazing.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Queen JB
on 7/2/21 12:19 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks I will definitely look into it some more! When it became a "thing", I was too early out to may much attention to it but it's time to explore all of my options!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/2/21 7:16 am, edited 7/2/21 12:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I am surprised that the City of Boston is so inflexible but I probably shouldn't be. Bureaucracy.

I don't like the gloom and rain today. I know we need it but I still miss the sun. I am not an indoor kind of person. Any good ideas for movies to stream? Either a mystery drama or something uplifting (perhaps a comedy)?

I usually include pictures of Justice, but this is my son's cat Lavender. It cracked me up to see her sitting on her scratching "couch":

QOTD: We have a BBQ at a friends home on Sunday afternoon. Not much else going on due to the gross weather

TSS: 5 years, 3 months

B: Coffee!!! Omelette with spinach, tomatoes and goat cheese

L: chicken and cottage cheese

D: leftover summer pasta dish

S: string cheese, yogurt pie

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 346 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 293 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views