What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/20/21 1:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^Thanks to Kelly for sending me this one. I spit out my coffee--I am sure if I ever get a 6 pack, it will be a pack of rolls.

If you are following along in my job saga... another crazy thing happened yesterday! I was asked to step in to be the interim director of our department in my current job. My boss is going on maternity leave any minute, and she confessed to me that she doesn't think she will return. Soooo, I might have some harder choices to make than I thought! There are serious pros and cons on both sides.

Anyway, I am off today and will try not to dwell on major life decisions for a few days! I wi**** could be a beach day, but we are in the middle of a crazy weather pattern right now. Yesterday we had tornado warnings all day, and one actually touched down in my parent's town (this is super rare in MA!), and now we are bracing for a major hurricane (Henri) for the rest of the weekend!

Photo Friday: Last weekend we drove to a coastal town and grabbed a lobster roll, then sat out by a lighthouse on the water. I love it here!

QOTD: What is the most typical wild weather event that your area sees? For us I think the most common weather event is the nor'easter, which is like a hurricane but with snow. The summer hurricane is less common, but we have had some crazy ones over the years. I hope Henri behaves!

Hmm, I am struggling to come up with a menu today because I will be out in my old condo most of the day and I suspect that we'll go out to lunch... I will also take advantage of being close to a Trader Joe's so I will load up on groceries which will impact my plans for dinner.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/20/21 2:24 am - Amarillo, TX

That's genius packaging! LOL

Good morning JB and everyone. That sure is a lot to think about regarding the job situation. Hope you all have a great weekend ahead.

I ended up sleeping a lot better. Ended up with a smidge over 5 hours with not as much awake time sprinkled into it.

Found out yesterday that I will get my CT scans done this Saturday. I must admit I'm really anxious over it. Best thing is I don't have to go to the main hospital...it's a stand alone ER. Will be masking up per the usual now. Lots of hand sanitizer.

I'm really sore this morning. Broken record I know.

qotd: super cell thunderstorms...I've been in softball sized hail...watched funnel clouds over my house. I hate both.

Sheila_H
on 8/20/21 4:56 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

The sunset (or sunrise?) pic is gorgeous.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 8/20/21 5:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Sunset indeed! Both pics were taken from my backyard :o) thanks!

Greateight
on 8/20/21 7:06 am
RNY on 08/29/18

You, Jen and Sheila take such amazing pictures!!!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 8/20/21 5:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wishing the best luck at the appt.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 8/20/21 5:52 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

supershopper
on 8/20/21 4:52 am

hi all no pics for me today

im trying to have an easy day but have back to back meetings and i've already put in a lot of hours this week... so really need a light day- we are taking skylar to the new vet today after work and getting his nails done- this should be fun... we might grab dinner after

QOTD: in GA we get the rain up from FL, and tornadoes every once in a while.

was pretty successful with egg wrap paloosa yesterday- have one left for today and a bit of tuna and pork. i'm so burned out but leftovers for garbage are a pain here because 1) they have to stay in the fridge until trash 'day' 2) trash day entails putting it into the car and taking to the recycling place and trash and paying $1 a bag. 3) we can't put trash outside for obvious reasons. we used to have trash service but you have to take it out waaaay to the street right before they came- so the car idea was closer.

did i mention we will probably sell in a year and move away from bear and snake land?

OH and my DH found a LARGE snakeskin in the garage... it was nonvenomous but still....

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Sheila_H
on 8/20/21 4:54 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

That is the only way I'd get my 6 pack too. I actually saw a tiktok (I know I shouldn't be getting my info from tiktok but here we are) about why it's harder for women to have a 6 pack and it made sense.

QJB - I hope you can make the best decision for your future peace of mind. The amount of stress you have to deal with everyday can't be good in the long run.

No specific plans for the weekend, I guess as empty nesters we just go with the flow and see what strikes our fancy.

QOTD: Except for the fires that in recent years have become a seasonal thing I'm not sure if my area has any wild weather. I mean that's why we live here, no extreme weather.

No recent pics. Checked my phone and the last pic I uploaded was my vaccine QR code to get ready for my trip. I don't think you guys would be interested in seeing my QR code.

My meals yesterday (eggfast - day 4)

• B: scrambled eggs with shredded cheese (3 eggs)
  • L: egg loaf(2 eggs)
  • S: egg custard (1/2 egg)
  • D: egg salad (2 eggs)
  • E: 30 minutes cardio + 60 minutes weight training + HIIT w/hubs

Happy fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 8/20/21 5:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Fri-yay! JB- Rolls for the win. That's crazy about the job and I hope you are able to decompress this weekend. Stay safe.

QOTD: Lately, the fires. Ash in the air and just horrible air quality in my area.

TSS: 7 years

B: SF latte, Jimmy Dean scramble, and an apple

L: Tuna packet, baby carrots, spinach, SF pudding and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an orange and yogurt

D: Jimmy Dean scramble, toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1370 Protein:125 Carbs: 96 Fat:54

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views