What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/23/21 2:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning, Menu Pals! Happy Monday!

So Hurricane Henri was pretty lame for us. Not only did we not have any damage, we didn't even have any rain for half the day. The morning started off looking rough but then it just stopped. Phew! I had just gotten a ton of groceries so I had an uneasy feeling that we would lose power for days. I would have liked just enough damage for a day off today, but c'est la vie.

QOTD: Do you volunteer for any organizations? I realized the other day that I am no longer doing that at all, and would really like to find something to be a part of. In the past I did a regular shift supporting a place that collects clothes for homeless kids, was a literacy volunteer in schools, and did calls for politicians, but it's been awhile since I have done anything.

Hmm, really not sure what I am doing about food today. Yesterday I was weirdly hit with nausea hard out of nowhere in the mid-morning. It passed after I took Pepto, but last night I actually woke up with the same nausea in the middle of the night. This morning I feel a little off so I think I want to stick with really bland stuff...

B: Protein coffee

L: Chicken Soup

D: ??

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/23/21 2:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and to all the menu folks.

I can already tell today is going to drag on for forever. My panic attacks returned with gusto yesterday and I've already had 2 this morning. We have to pick up the kids from school so that and a trip to the bank is all we have planned for the day. I'm already exhausted.

my pain level is high and the upped pain meds isn't working so good. I think the stress of it all is really getting to me. Hoping the CT will lead me onto the path of at least feeling a little better.

I've decided to do a three day liquid diet. Kind of a mind reset.

qotd: no.

menu is going to be PP shake, coffee and maybe broth or a matcha latte

Emiepie
on 8/23/21 6:06 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Feel better!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 8/23/21 6:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you very much! I appreciate it :o)

Melody P.
on 8/23/21 6:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Alrighty then...they just posted the actual LUMBAR report. I guess the other one was just the pelvic area. To say my back is messed up is an understatement. Also I have a lot of kidney stones in my right kidney....yay? LOL

i have no idea what most of the stuff means but it's not looking good.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/23/21 7:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Kidney stones are only an issue if they get stuck, from what I understand at least.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/23/21 8:07 am - Amarillo, TX

The only issue I can think of is that some are pretty big..the one in the pole is almost 10mm. The ones in the kidneys is around 4mm.

I'm not particularly worried about them. If it becomes an issue I'll deal with it then.

White Dove
on 8/23/21 8:20 am - Warren, OH

The liquid diet might help you feel better overall. With kidney stones, drink as much water as you can. Adding lemon juice, orange juice or other citrus drinks helps a lot. So does the citric acid in diet sodas, like Diet 7UP and Diet Sunkist drinks.

They are horrible if they get stuck, but drinking lots of water can flush them out naturally.

Hope you feel better.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 8/23/21 3:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning QJB and everyone else! I hope this is a good week and you feel better and hear about the new job!

I had a good weekend, didn't get a lot accomplished but that was kind of nice. I read 3 books start to finish. They weren't very deep but it was a good break for my brain.

QOTD - I volunteered with the local natural history museum for 10 years and intended to go back when I got back from AZ but I haven't. I did volunteer a lot last fall for get out the vote activities and while I enjoyed it, it was a lot and I haven't restarted anything else.

I was happy with the results of the egg fast but also don't need to see an egg for a few weeks!

Menu today is

Bulletproof coffee (I don't actually see the egg, lol)

Ozery Muslei bread with Goat cheese

lamb, spinach and feta kabob

snack - peppadew peppers

I have to cook up some chicken breast and chicken kabobs I picked up for the rest of the week when I make the lamb kabob. it will make meal prep the rest of the week super easy.

I'll also get in a round on the rowing machine plus the assigned homework from my trainer.

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/23/21 6:24 am - Amarillo, TX

I want you food plan! Yum!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?