What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/21/21 1:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^This is so related to my current situation! ^^ I am in the middle of selling my condo and the condo association is being superrrrr shady. I have had to pay them twice for my Sept & Oct HOA Fees because they claim they "didn't get the first check". This feels like awfully convenient timing because I have the receipt from my bank and they know I have to send it again ASAP or will will affect my closing. So now I am out $2024 tacos for something that was already taken from my account. Grrrrr. I want to fight it, but I just don't have time to deal with it.

UGH, I really need a few days off to deal with my life. My driver's license has been expired for 6 weeks, my car is making a scary noise when I accelerate, I need to figure out how to donate all of my furniture, I need a fire inspection for the condo, not to mention the pile of clean laundry that is sitting in a corner waiting to be folded. But since I am doing 4 jobs and onboarding 3 new staff members, I literally cannot find the time for anything. I don't know how to do this...

QOTD: What was your favorite subject in school? I am not sure if I had a specific subject area that I liked best, but I really liked any class that allowed project based learning, so it could have been a science project or history project that got me excited when I could do something hands on and creative. I just found an 8th grade project I did for a history class about the US Presidents and it was so fun to look back at it. I actually retained a lot of info from that report!

I came home about 10 minutes before I needed to go to bed last night, so I just skipped dinner. Hoping I can have a little bit better schedule today.

B: Protein Coffee

S: TJ's Eggwich

L: Apple, Cheese Stick & PB Crackers

D: ????? I can't even think that far ahead....

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

ladygodiva1228
on 9/21/21 2:11 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I would have sent them the cashed check showing those fools they did in fact receive it and cashed it. No way would I have sent them another check. That's a good chunk of money. After you close you can always take them to small claims court.

QOTD: I took a bunch of AG classes in High School which were fun and hence the reason I like to garden and farm. I did also like History unfortunately the cancel culture of this Country is trying to wipe it all away. Yea there was good, bad and ugly of the forming of The United States, but that is part of history. It makes me sad to see everything being removed. We are supposed to learn from our mistakes, not erase them so they can repeat themselves.

B: Eggs and bacon

L: Beef stew

D: Jalapeno poppers

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Partlypollyanna
on 9/21/21 2:41 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It's so amazing that we've been able to remember history for thousands of years without specific statues but take down a few statues of racist white men and we're in danger of forgetting history. I wonder how we remembered between the end of the civil war and the 1930s and 40s when most of those statues were put up? Or how we remember world war 1 with no statues to Gavrilo Princip? It's almost like history exists whether there are statues or not.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

ladygodiva1228
on 9/21/21 4:14 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

It's not just here in the US it's around the world and in my opinion the only statues that should be erected in the US are Native American ones. Our ancestors came to this country and look what they did to the natives. They were forced off their lands, murdered, raped, give disease that they had never been exposed to. Where is their justice?

Oh and it wasn't just Africans who were slaves, but the Chinese were also slaves. Who do you think built the railroads? It was Black Americans and Chinese immigrants. Don't believe me research it. Where is their justice? Now they are beaten on the streets because of a virus that came from their homeland (which I still feel was made by the governments of the world).

Did you also know that it was the British, the Dutch and the Portuguese that brought the Africans to the New World? They lied to them promising them a new life with only a few months of work to pay off their voyage to America. When they got here they were sold like livestock. Yes slavery was a horrible thing and it should have never been allowed, but it unfortunately was. The statues should have never been erected in the first place, but again they were. This country should have taken them and made them into a teaching moment at how not to repeat history and the wrongs that had happened. How white rich men do not win wars and do not have control over others.

The next statue to come down will the Statue of Liberty since we have gone and pissed France off. Good job US government. Turn our allies against us over greed.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

White Dove
on 9/21/21 8:05 am, edited 9/21/21 1:06 am - Warren, OH

Wise words, Jen. I always remember that the word history means "his story". To me the "his" is gender neutral and I think of ancient people sitting around the fire and telling their stories.

The older the stories the more they may have been changed and embellished. I grew up with the sanitized version of the civil war. I am glad that is changing and hope future generations are too educated to be racist.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 9/21/21 5:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I like the stories around the fire analogy; spoken stories/oral histories have such a long tradition and across so many cultures.

Jen

Melody P.
on 9/21/21 3:01 am, edited 9/20/21 8:11 pm - Amarillo, TX

While I think ?cancel culture? can go a bit to far at times as I do believe people can change and grow?I think it should be called something else. Accountability culture. Most if not all the statues being removed were put up in Jim Crow times. They have nothing to do with ?history?. They were a slap to the face of to POC.

I personally think that the history being forgotten is the rampant racism and discrimination that was so prevalent.

catwoman7
on 9/21/21 5:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I totally agree with this...

Partlypollyanna
on 9/21/21 2:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Wow, your HOA fees are crazy! Shame they are being shady, hope you can recover it via escrow when it all shakes out.

qotd - history, still my favorite. It has been fascinating watching all the same behaviors, protests and idiots re masks and covid as I've read about re Spanish Flu and the same things back then. Disappointing that nobody learned anything, maybe because we didn't have a statue to the virus?

I have a landscape designer coming to do a design to take out my front yard and turn it into xeriscape. I am so excited.

menu today

Coffee x 3

Scrambled egg with cheese

Skyr

korean fire chicken

Jen

Melody P.
on 9/21/21 3:11 am - Amarillo, TX

That's shady as heck! I so wish you were having a better time of things. You don't deserve all this stress!

Yesterday was a long day. Not sure what today'll hold. I know the thrift store and maybe Sam's but really not sure what all.

My new mattress is pretty comfortable...it could be a bit firmer but it'll be just a matter of getting used to it. My old bed is pretty firm...well VERY a firm lol. I love the zero G setting. I do need to figure out a hanging light as it's hard to reach my table light. I might just look for a cool shade at the thrift store as I already have the cord for hanging.

QOTD: history and geography.

B: PP shake and a L&F yogurt

S: popcorn

L: veggie pasta sauce with a tbs of ricotta cheese(no noodles)

S: ???

D: thinking it'll be GF fish sticks and cauliflower pad Thai veggie mix

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics