What's on your Thursday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 9/30/21 8:10 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ So much yes to no more ***** for people behaving badly. In my 30's and 40's I would have been really upset too, not anymore. Work is going okay, busy. I have a (new to me) conference coming up and I have a lot of studying to do. It's new territory and a whole other level up from what I have done in the past, it's interesting.

Another good day at the gym yesterday, although I am struggling with foot issues. Getting used to 'using them hard' at the gym and in new shoes - my feet aren't happy. I don't know if its the shoes or inserts or just a curve. I'll give it another week and see how it goes. Today I am using the bike and rowing, no real weight bearing or pounding. I'm taking Friday and Sunday off from the gym, Saturday is hopefully swimming so all of that will give my feet a rest. Other than that I'm feeling better and my sleep has been amazing.

QOTD - I live in yoga pants. The are basically my PJ's so I guess I do wear them out. I would never wear regular PJ bottoms out but I don't care that other people do. I think it bothers me more when they look like hot mess AND have PJ's on.

b-coffee built bar

l-chicken bites, buffalo sauce, blue cheese celery

d-leftover low carb chicken enchiladas

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 9/30/21 8:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I bought this candle off Etsy for my sis for her bday.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 9/30/21 10:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

lmfontana4
on 9/30/21 9:02 am
RNY on 03/24/21

JBQ-Awesome job on the weight loss! I love the " I just literally don't have any ***** left for people who are behaving badly for petty and stupid reasons." I think that is the right attitude.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 9/30/21 9:39 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Thursday

I am only working a half day today. I decided on a last minute trip to visit my mom since my sister will also be in town, so will be heading out for a 300 mile drive after lunch. It should be a nice visit with the family. I have packed some easy protein dense foods to bring with me so that I have a backup plan for food. I do know there will be a couple of dinners out that I will need to work into my calories.

Today I feel better about the head hunger. Sometimes I think that just actually expressing yourself to other people helps with my stress level. I have a tendency to internalize my feelings, which I have worked on over the last several years. I know I should express my thoughts about our relationship to my husband but that conversation never goes anywhere leaving me just as frustrated.

QOTD: Well, I only wear a t-shirt to sleep in so I don't have pj bottoms. I have left the house to drop my kids to school or get a coffee in my sleep t-shirt and sweats but not to get out of the car. I do admit to wearing workout gear (yoga pants and t-shirt) to run errands. This is usually my Sunday outfit after going for a hike in the morning, then I just wear it for the rest of the day if I have no other plans.

B: Triple zero greek yogurt, cold brew with sf vanilla, sf caramel, half n half

L: 1/2 c red beans n rice, 1 chicken sausage

D: "fried" chicken breast

S: cold brew with caramel, sf vanilla, half n half for the drive

E: none planned. Maybe a walk when I arrive at my mom's

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Amy Liz
on 9/30/21 2:47 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Early out, I think part of my head hunger was mourning the loss of food. I always kind of hoarded food, but during this time I started to obsess about food even more. I missed eating as much as I wanted and I couldn't reconcile my tiny bowl portion to my very big bowl eyes. I missed the food coma numb too. I had to start making what I could eat count - focusing on all the flavors I loved. I don't miss food like that anymore. I don't really have head hunger anymore, its either real hunger and bored hunger for me.

Julia S.
on 9/30/21 3:39 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I've only worn them out to pick up my mail. And of course my neighbor and his adorable dog stop and we have a long conversation and lots of doggy loving. So that kind of cured me of doing that again. My roommate calls them Fuglies for f**king uglies. But I still like to wear them when I'm done with work for the day and just to relax.

It's been an interesting time here. My condo is not going to close tomorrow, but it might not be delayed as much as the lender originally thought, he was saying 2 weeks. Which did not make me happy. My roommate is unable to fly here with my cat, so I'm flying home on Saturday 10/9 and returning with my Sammy on Sunday 10/10. Of course I lost my cheap ticket that I had for my roommate and due to the "high" season all the prices have gone up. I honestly don't know what it cost I just bought it because I didn't want to have to delay another month and resubmit all of the paperwork to change the date. So I'll spend all weekend on planes.

The other issue was I was going to have my own place so I could bring him there and "camp out" until my stuff gets here, but with the closing date moved I'm not sure that I can. The condo I'm staying at does not allow pets, but I may have to sneak him in here and keep the windows and drapes closed to hide him. I also have a vacuum cleaner coming so I will clean up totally and hopefully they will never know. I debated calling them and explaining the situation but decided since the complex doesn't allow pets they wouldn't be sympathetic.

The rest of the stuff that had me in a funk when I think about it is just superfluous so no need to mention it. Trying to remember I'm in paradise, it's easier when one of my coworkers told me it was 27 degrees at her house this morning. She lives in LaPine which is in Central Oregon so I'm glad to be here.

I will figure out this time change and I will be OK.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Emiepie
on 9/30/21 5:54 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like things will be coming together soon!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views