What's on your Thursday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/28/21 3:24 am - Amarillo, TX

QJB, hope that y'all are ok...hope you can let us know sometime today that you're ok. Scary situation!

We've been up almost all night. The ****ty neighbor to the se of us was out and drinking, getting high and dancing around to LOUD music. Then my mom went out to see what was going on. What followed was his nasty GF threatened my mom...to whop her ass. They claim my mom is racist. Just because she knows what he does.

Well my mom called the police. They were drunk and high just imagine the ****tiest people you can imagine. They of course went inside when they saw my mom calling. So when the cops came they couldn't do anything(even though the 911 operator heard the GF yell that she was gonna whoop my moms ass). But...my mom talked to them and told them everything. It was the night supervisor. He said that they'd start riding on him. Start patrolling more around here(we have two drug dealers on the street. That has an elementary school on it...).

I am so stressed out over this. With it and my pain level...I'm just losing my mind.

When they make the drugs it smells so bad! My mom gets sick and the neighbors across the street with kids also have been getting sick.

so needless to say we'll be staying home today most likely.

QOTD: what is one decoration, memento or whatever it could be...makes your favorite holiday?

For me is these wooden reindeer my grandpa made in the late 80's. We have two sets...one set still has the curling ribbon he put on them. I miss him so much.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: we might make stew

D: either fish sticks or more stew if we make it

S: o idea at this point.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/28/21 4:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope that situation gets sorted out soon!

Busy day ahead but I don't think I have to actually leave the house so yay!

qotd - not really a thing for me, sorry!

Starting the morning with the usual coffee supply, then moving on to protein oatmeal, ham and cheese stack for lunch and then deli Turkey breast with smoked mozzarella cheese.

have a great Thursday, Fri-yay is right around the corner!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 10/28/21 5:01 am

you think she lost power?

I'm doing ok, trying to cram everything into these last 1.5 days. put in a lot of hours this week trying to get ready for trip. workwise probably need to make a list.

QOTD: there are two things growing up i can think of for christmas. one is this metal spinning angels that tiny candles lit make spin around and the second is a chirping ball you put under your tree? i have no idea what that was about.

food is still whatever i can find, running low but that is ok don't want stuff wasting.

coffee, eggs, cheese, yogurt, bacon, water, sliced turkey

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Greateight
on 10/28/21 6:37 am
RNY on 08/29/18

My Aunt had one of those spinning candle things. Bratty children used to take burnt up pieces of wick and put them under the manger animals to look like manure. Have a great cruise!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 10/28/21 7:25 am - Warren, OH

My brothers were horrible. I can't believe they never thought to do that to the manger animals.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/28/21 5:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Melody - that sounds like a horrible situation. We once had some drug dealer who, although he didn't live in this neighborhood, met some of his customers here. He drove us all crazy and there were multiple calls to the police and it eventually stopped (I'm guessing he was arrested somewhere), but that involved just a very loud car radio for about five minutes and then the two cars driving off. Having them live next door and cooking meth (or whatever) would have put me over the edge. Awful. I hope the police are able to do something. I'd be really stressed out, too.

DH and I have a hair appt this afternoon, but that's it. I'll be spending most of the day making a potato salad and a cake for my mom's birthday tomorrow - plus I just started a pot of skyr. I also need to go get cat food and lift weights today. So...not much. That's fine - it's been kind of a busy week otherwise.

QOTD: we actually don't have any holiday decorations. Well, an artificial Christmas tree and some of those fake window candles that are in a box up the attic, but we haven't put those out in years...

B: plain Greek yogurt with apple compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: protein pumpkin muffin

AS: probably yogurt or skyr with raspberries - and maybe a couple of Wasa crackers

D: miso/chickpea sandwich, cole slaw made with Asian-style dressing

have a good day, everyone!

White Dove
on 10/28/21 5:52 am - Warren, OH

Have you submitted a tip to US Drug Enforcement? I know how frustrating it can be. I had one living close to me and he seemed to know how to get out of it every time the drug enforcement people came. He is finally in prison, but it was not easy.

Submit a Tip | DEA.gov

White Dove
on 10/28/21 5:56 am - Warren, OH

My newest Christmas decorations are a set of chainmaille Southwestern Christmas ornaments that Melody made for me. I wish I was good with a camera, but I know she has some great pictures of them. They are dreamcatchers and other Southwestern designs. I love to find unique decorations and these are really beautiful, plus they won't break if dropped or coaxed off the tree with a little kitty paw.

Melody P.
on 10/29/21 5:19 am - Amarillo, TX

I am so happy you love them!

Emiepie
on 10/28/21 5:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-Eve! Melody, thank you for starting the thread today. I too, hope QJB and Grim are safe. Sorry about your neighborhood situation, I hope you get the help you all need, scary situation. I was able to take the bandage off my thumb last night, it seems to be healing ok but started bleeding a bit again so I'm just being easy with it for now. I also have a telehealth appt today with the hematologist to review my blood work/iron stuff.

QOTD: I have an old ornament that I love and makes the Christmas tree complete.

TSS: 7 years 2 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Roasted turkey breast, mashed cauliflower with gravy, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: I'm shooting for a walk at lunch.

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1403 Protein: 136 Carbs:131 Fat:40

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views