Whats on your Wednesday Menu?

lmfontana4
on 11/17/21 12:26 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Good luck on the interview. I hope you get what you applied for.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/17/21 3:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

QJB, I am not sure staying home and working 15 hours can qualify as "resting" your eyes but hopefully you can get something worked out that lets you get out from under everything and also gives your eyes a break! I still think you may need a second opinion on the eyes.

I am waiting today to find out if a whole bunch of us have to travel for a mid December meeting or if they will keep it virtual. Several people have pointed out that the timing is bad, if anyone does get sick during the meeting, then they are quarantined for the holiday.

QOTD - nope, no issues I'm aware of.

menu is probably

coffee plus half and half X3

eggnog greek yogurt

protein bar

eggs with cheddar

Have a great Wednesday....how is it only Wednesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 11/17/21 3:59 am

hi all- 3 am came early and I'm working from the hospital cafeteria while john gets his kidney stones blasted up. He is a pro at creating stones so has been through this several several times. Had to leave the dogs in the living room not in crates so that always makes me nervous...

QOTD: I'm noticing shortages on many things. there are certain products we use that are harder to come by. also the costs have gone up so much! I have been using cash back apps and online coupons to save money.

food plan today will be strange since we are traveling

b: coffee, egg/1/2 piece bacon

s: protein bar

l:

s:

d:

s:

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Emiepie
on 11/17/21 5:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope all goes well for DH.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 11/17/21 5:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- it sounds like taking the day off might be good for you.

QOTD: I haven't noticed too much of an issue yet. We use Instacart for most of the grocery shopping so I'm not in the store often to see the supply though.

TSS: 7 years 3 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Chicken breast strips, broccoli with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1395 Protein: 123 Carbs:128 Fat:47

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 11/17/21 5:11 am, edited 11/16/21 9:32 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm going to go to some random water fitness class this morning because the regular Aqua Zumba instructor who teaches at the branch across town is out the rest of the week - and I'm tied up the next two mornings *anyway*. I also plan go back to the gym tonight with DH and do weights, since I'm overdue. Other than that, nothing on the agenda, although this dirty house is starting to get on my nerves - so I'll probably do some cleaning.

a friend of mine who was in a gourmet group I had going probably 15 years ago wants us to get a similar group going again. It'd be fun - but the thought of getting it off the ground and cleaning my house for it is overwhelming at the moment (although it's always a great reason to get this damn house cleaned!). I don't know who in the original group is still around - in fact, I can't even remember who all was even in it - but I can probably come up with a few names. It might be good to start something like that again - it's always good to have social outlets - esp since we'll be cooped up again once winter comes and maybe even longer if we get another virus surge. Anyway, something for me to think about.

QOTD: not really. The Aldi near my house that I've been going to since the pandemic started is sometimes out of things (like whipped cream cheese - haven't seen it in at least a couple of weeks), but then I can usually find that at some other store.

B: plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced cooked apple and a squirt of SF "maple" syrup. Coffee with half & half

MS: yogurt with pomegranate seeds or a protein shake

L: fake "turkey" breast on a slim bun with tzatziki sauce and tomato slice

AS: crustless protein pumpkin pie

D: "spaghetti" (made with chickpea pasta and fake sausage patties)

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 11/17/21 5:21 am - Warren, OH

It is your body and you are the one who has to take care of it. I would take the day off and listen to Audible books. I also would get a second opinion on the eyes. A lack of Reddi Whip would be a major issue for me, as my cat expects her whipped cream bedtime snack every night. For quite a while, she was tired all the time and moving slowly. She was cranky and did not want to play any more.

I suspected diabetes and so did my vet. After the lot of testing, it came back that she has low blood sugar. There was no treatment plan, but when a friend gave her Reddi Whip one day, she perked up and acted much less tired. Now I make sure that there are several cans in the refrigerator at all times. Friends let me know if they see it on sale or running out.

I am getting my Thanksgiving grocery order ready and stores here are low on brown and serve rolls, yams, cranberry sauce, and turkey.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 11/17/21 10:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I give my cat and one of my dogs (both boys) whipped cream every day - they LOVE it, and expect it and get annoyed if I don't give it to them fast enough. My cat yells and my dog snorts.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Mkess
on 11/17/21 5:30 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all!

I had a good day yesterday, giving myself permission to celebrate my birthday and not let life's stressors bother me. I started at Starbucks for an hour listening to music and playing a word game app. Then, I picked up my sister and headed to the burbs to have lunch with my Mom. I chose wildfire and rolled the dice on prime rib and cottage potatoes. This was the first time I had anything fried so I was a bit nervous. I handled a few ounces of prime rib and a couple potatoes just fine.

Anyway, back to the grind today. I have school work to catch up on and grocery shopping to do. I have a day full of classes and can't wait til the semester's over. Only a little over a month left so I just have to keep pushing.

QOTD: There are definitely supply chain issues evident in bare shelves. I found that Jewel (our grocery store) keeps the store in the more affluent area better stocked so sometimes I drive over there. My favorite yogurt has been hit or miss and the fruit looks worse for wear sometimes.

B: Dannon light and fit coconut yogurt and a banana. TJ cold brew coffee, sf vanilla, stevia

L: Chicken salad

D: Leftover prime rib, some type of veggie.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Melody P.
on 11/17/21 6:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hoping we all have a decent day ahead of us...

JB I wish I could wiggle my nose and get you a job closer to home! This just sucks and agree with WhiteDove...I'd get a second opinion on the eye situation. I so dislike the way they treated you.

I'm hoping my day will consist of nothing much... I'm betting that won't stick LOL. We are going to take a load of groceries to donate to the thrift store we frequent. They are doing a food drive for the women & their children in their shelters. It's not a lot but about 30 dollars worth of nonperishable groceries. I hope it can help these women in recovery. Times are hard. My mom was a single mom...she knows how hard it can be. I just want to ad my mom kicks major ass. She isn't perfect but she is perfectly her.

Sleep is getting hard again. I can't really sleep on my right side most of the time and I tend to flop around. Then I wake up in pain...rinse & repeat. The T4's are not helping. They are only giving me a week at a time. I also felt like a drug head because they prescribe Narcan for opioids. So now in case I take a whole bottle of T4's I can recover :::eye roll:::

QOTD: frozen potatoes, frozen pastry or pie crusts and a lot of store brand stuff is low. Other than that it's not to bad here. It just depends on what you need though. Oh and I can't find a lot of fresh herbs. I tried to find basil and it was a no go.

B: GF waffle, JUST egg, Asiago cheese and coffee

L: not sure on this one

D: probably pizza. I'm trying a GF EF crust that you put your toppings on. I'll have two slices

S: 1 cup snickerdoodle popcorn, jerky and ???

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 444 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views