What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 11/21/21 5:04 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hope you're all well.

I made a Virginia peanut pie yesterday for my aunt & uncle. They aren't able to come over for Thanksgiving so I thought I'd make 'em a pie. It smells SO GOOD! Picture a pecan pie but with peanuts. They are roasted and salted peanuts. I would love to try it but I think they'd notice us trying it! LOL

Today I'm going to make some butter pecan fudge. The caramel apple fudge was a hit with one caveat...it needs more apple flavor. So I ordered some liquid apple flavoring to try with it. It just needs a tiny bit more. I'll let y'all know how the butter pecan turns out. It'll be for gifts and it's freezable. I also need to make cookies tomorrow for thanksgiving. I'll be doing oatmeal & chocolate chip. My mom has mentioned she'll make sugar cookies..

QOTD: what helps you relax when you're really feeling uptight/stressed out?

I'd say for me it's a purring kitty and music. My cats have really loud purrs and it's almost hypnotic. Of course there is the action of petting them that also aims cathartic. Music goes without saying for me!

B: JUST egg, cheese and coffee

L: not sure yet

D: salmon and Brussels sprouts

S: 1 cup popcorn, quest cookie and ???

catwoman7
on 11/21/21 6:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I really just want to lie around today and then go biking early this afternoon - when the temp will get up to about 50 F - but a friend wants to meet for coffee at 10:00 this morning, and my mom wants me to come over to her apt this afternoon to show her (AGAIN) how to get into MyChart. So - my day will more-or-less revolve around those two things (I'm definitely going to go biking, though, as long as it's not windy. Fifty degrees is tolerable as long as the wind's not blowing!).

the other day I noticed one of my social groups (for women) added a new interest group - it's a book discussion group focusing exclusively on children's and young adult literature. Sounds fun. So I signed up yesterday. I told my MIL about it, and she's going to sign up as well.

this coming week I have two vet appts for one of my cats (follow-up with his ophthalmologist tomorrow, and his annual physical on Friday), plus a dentist appt for me. Thankfully I will not be cooking this week, since the only person in my family who seemed interested in getting together for Thanksgiving is my MIL. So we decided to order dinner for pickup this year - no way I was going to make a turkey and make all the other stuff for three people. I usually don't mind making Thanksgiving dinner, but honestly, it's a huge relief not to do it this time around.

QOTD: exercise - esp biking.

B: Greek yogurt with 1/2 oz toasted walnuts, coffee with half & half

MS: probably the usual iced latte with SF syrup at the coffee place

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

AS: protein shake. Maybe peanut butter toast, too, if I'm in an eating mood (the fat seems to kill it pretty quickly)

D: I'm thinking of making an Indian curry this afternoon in my Instant Pot. So that on top of a piece of roti

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 11/21/21 7:01 am - Warren, OH

I have been cooking and serving holiday dinners for two or three people for most of my life. It is a total waste of time, food, and money. But is a tradition that is hard to break. I have also done the dinners for thirty or forty people.

I was at the store this week and an older man was in line ahead of me at the checkout buying a pretty tiny ham. He said it was going to be his Thanksgiving dinner and he was all alone. It made me realize that the people are the only thing that really matters for holidays.

My favorite destressor is a hot bubble bath. Lots of ho****er and good smelling bubble bath. I tried it once in a Jacuzzi. Not a good idea as the bubbles ended up going everywhere outside the tub.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 11/21/21 7:11 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I agree it is more expensive for just a few people, but there is nothing like your favorite recipes for Thanksgiving! Plus it's only once a year. I have a big family and we used to all go to my mom and dad's or sisters for Thanksgiving. That is until my parents passed and we splintered...we all do our own thing now. I enjoy cooking and especially love the leftovers.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 11/22/21 3:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

2 or 20, I never consider the time, effort and $ to have a meal with people I love to be a waste. 2020 proved that, if I ever had any doubts! Definitely have learned techniques over the years to make it less stressful and more enjoyable, though.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 11/21/21 7:05 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I resemble that meme! lol, it's adorable. Yesterday, after shopping for all the things for thanksgiving without a list mind you (back and forth in several stores - I sure got my steps in), I was wiped and chilled for the rest of the day. Today, I would really like to get my projects and chores done - put things together, clean car, vacuum, laundry. It's too wet and cold to golf this morning, so that is gone. We'll take the dogs to the park in a little bit. My son is coming over later w/out the GF (she is not feeling well) so we will run some errands - I love hanging out with my kiddo.

QOTD - I write/journal - I almost can't focus unless I get it all out. I write every single day throughout the day. It keeps me sane on the bad days, but on good days it's just as important to me. Music, audiobooks, podcasts, TV too. Anything that distracts.

B-coffee, almonds Kringle - yes that happened (f*ing TJ's)

l-salad w/chicken

d-sesame teriyaki beef

s- pepperoni, cheese, mr tortilla chips and salsa

Happy Sunday everyone!

Lisa91941
on 11/21/21 7:12 am
RNY on 10/29/19

TJ's! I agree. It's a love hate relationship.

Amy Liz
on 11/21/21 7:18 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Right?!?!

Lisa91941
on 11/21/21 7:10 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I am up early and being productive. Roasting tri color carrots so I can make a carrot torte as an appetizer for our dinner party this evening. We got tangled up in our granddaughter's gymnastic event and didn't get home until 9. I had almost no lunch and we got no dinner out, so I was a starving mess by the time we got home. Luckily, I had reasonable leftovers in the fridge which we quickly heated and went to bed with full tummies. I would have gone straight off the rails with awful choices if not for those leftovers. We say the play Hairspray yesterday, and what a good time we had. It's just a bunch of joyous, silly, delightful singing and dancing with a nice message. Not the first time we have seen it, but I enjoyed it so much. Today, grocery shopping and prepping for the dinner party.

QoTD: reading in the sunshine, biking on my e-bike, music. Probably in that order.

Menu

B: jerky and whisps

L: probably out, so maybe 1/3 chipolte chicken bowl (and this will give me lunch at least for tomorrow too)

D: salted tri tip, hasselback potatoes, homemade creamed corn, fresh cream biscuits..and I need a fresh green. Still working on that one.

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?