What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 12/12/21 3:01 am - Amarillo, TX

That meme made me chuckle this morning so I had to share! I am OCD about cleanliness it it's tempting! LOL

The birthday party is at 3 and all I've got left to do is vacuum the floors and the couch. The thing that boggles my mind about them wanting it here is my SIL's mom is allergic to cats. My SIL is too. So I'm not going crazy with vacuuming. It's almost comical. I don't feel bad about it either. We've always had cats and they're the ones who wanted it here so...deal with it! I got the pie done and the cheesecake too. We cheated and got a can of cherry pie filling as Riley wanted it. She's about the only one who likes it and it'd be harder to decorate a cherry cheesecake. We aren't going to town on that part...we found some cute decorations at the craft store and it'll just be a bit unicorn with frosting to say happy birthday. Thee is only so much you can do with a cheesecake!

I am really in a lot of pain due to doing so much yesterday. My whole backside is numb but surprisingly painful. I wish numbness mean less pain!

I have a friend I know through chainmaille. She is a very talented artist who does a lot of wire working. She also makes lotion bars that I have needed to try but haven't had the money. I got a shocking package from her yesterday. Totally unexpected. She sent me a BEAUTIFUL a pendant she wire wrapped...so gorgeous! A couple of lotion bars and a 50 dollar gift certificate to a chainmaille supplier. I am still so blown away! It was a kindness that I seem to be unable to give to myself. It's still so surprising to realize maybe I'm not such a bad person...if people seem to genuinely care about me. I have been blessed with so many people's kindness. I am humbled beyond description. It put my mind in a better place...not the gifts per say but to know that I must be worthy of compassion and love. We are all a work in process. I just have to keep swimming. If you'd like to see her stuff as she is amazing here is a link to her FB page! Amorci Arts

QOTD: which ever holiday you celebrate, what is the special thing or meal that is your favorite thing?

For me it's truly giving. I love finding gifts that are sentimental or special. It doesn't mean I spend a lot of money but I like finding little things. For my late best friend I had made her a quilt that was Halloween material. Mind you it was a simple quilt, no fancy piecing or anything and I hate hate hate sewing. It really made her feel special and loved. She loved horror movies and Halloween in general. I asked her partner is he found the quilt in her belongings if he could mail it to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't there but the sentimental part of me would be honored to have it back.

Food wise would be Christmas morning. It's always just so peaceful and calm. Refreshes my spirit somewhat. I relish moments like that. Like when it's snowed and the silence of that time...hearing the snow crunch. It's just so nice.

B: JUST egg, Swiss cheese and coffee...maybe a small GF waffle

L: cauliflower & broccoli soup

D: I might make some salmon

S: popcorn and ???

catwoman7
on 12/12/21 7:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we're meeting a neighbor for breakfast in a half hour, but I already ate, so I'll just get coffee (even though I've already had that, too). I've been on a roll with eating the last couple of days, so I'm not going to do something to blow that, esp given there are two holiday festivities coming up at the end of this week. And then, of course, Christmas next week. Nothing else on the docket, although I've got some things I need to do around the house and for one of my organizations. I should probably get some exercise as well.

QOTD: we don't do gifts anymore since nobody ever wants anything (everyone in my family is over 50 except for my 24-year-old niece). As far as a meal goes, our tradition for the last ten years or so has been lasagna (we haven't had it every year since then, but we have MOST years). Last year I made a cranberry orange cheesecake that's on a chocolate crust that we all decided would be a new tradition - so I'll be making that this year as well. Other people will be bringing the sides (I think just salad and rolls or garlic bread). Other than a big family dinner, we don't really do anything special over the holidays anymore. And that's fine by me - low stress!

B: 1 C cottage cheese mixed with 1/3 C unsweetened applesauce (haven't had this in forever! It's great!). Coffee with half & half.

MS: more coffee with half & half

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry/blackberry compote

AS: protein muffin

D: chickpea/miso sandwich with cucumber and tomato slices

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 12/12/21 7:50 am - Warren, OH

My family had our first indoor get together in almost two years on Thanksgiving. The next morning, I got a call that my brother-in-law had tested positive for COVID. His pregnant daughter also tested positive. I found out this weekend that my sister also had it and was very sick. I quarantined for six days and then got a negative test.

A good friend has been a fitness instructor and personal trainer at my gym for years. She was 74 and her husband a few years younger. They both were taken to the hospital with COVID a week ago Friday. He died on Wednesday, and she died on Saturday. I cancelled my family Christmas Eve get together.

I had been feeling a bit unwell for several weeks. Bad enough that I saw my attorney and updated my will, medical and financial power of attorney paperwork.

I had two COVID tests that were negative. On Wednesday evening I got a fever, then chills, pain in my abdomen, and shaking. I was alone and my boyfriend wanted to come and take me to the ER. I told him I was calling an ambulance. They gave me an IV of fluid in the ambulance and the pain and trembling stopped.

A CT scan found a kidney stone. The ER felt like a disaster scene from a 3th world country. The hospital is out of rooms and patients are lined up on beds up and down the hallways, six feet apart. I was so glad to get out of there. They put me on antibiotics and told me to just rest and drink lots of water and fluids. I see a urologist on Monday to see how they will treat the stone. In a way, it was a relief to know that it is a kidney stone that was making me feel bad. They run in families, and I know my brother had them too.

Last summer I had started to feel comfortable seeing friends and family outside. After I had my COVID booster, I felt safe for a while. Now everything feels fragile again. There are so many people here who are not vaccinated and don't wear masks. It is going to be a long winter.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 12/12/21 9:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh no! Hoping you get an answer for feeling better soon. I have a few kidney stones and I need to see someone about it but I've got so much going on. I really hope you get good answers tomorrow!

White Dove
on 12/12/21 10:11 am - Warren, OH

Thanks Melody. I have confidence in the urologist and he took out a kidney stone for me a few years back. Most of the time kidney stones are just there and never give any problem. But when they block urine, they become extremely painful. It would be nice if he just treats this one with medicine, but I will let you know.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 12/12/21 8:55 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Just a quick check in. Melody, how amazing from your friend! And Mary, I hope you are feeling better soon. My cousin passed yesterday from Covid. Not feeling terribly sad about it. I just didn't know the woman and we have always lived on opposite coasts. But she was unvaccinated. Just. So. Dumb. I'm more mad than sad right now.
we are officially celebrating our anniversary this weekend and leaving for the Getty Museum and Villa in a bit. All meals will be out, so I will do the best I can.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 12/12/21 9:23 am - Amarillo, TX

It is maddening. There's been 250+ deaths here since august 1st.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views