What's on your Monday Menu?

Teenie
on 12/27/21 6:59 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

We are paddling the same boat sister. I'll be cheering for you. Good luck.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 12/27/21 6:53 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning,

I'm "glad" to be a part of this group and realizing that my food challenges are not unique. Thanks for all the honesty. I really feel like it helps keep me accountable and frank with myself. I did much better yesterday food wise with just one treat. Another thumb sized cookie my daughter made. There is one left. I hope to foist that off on one of the grand girls today. I'm watching them all day. They arrived at 5:30 am local time and I've got them set up in front of a cozy fire, with hot chocolate, watching their weird cartoons. Kids cartoons are very weird these days. Very weird.

I do need to pop out and get some iron rich fertilizer for one of my orange trees, seems it's having a vitamin crisis of it's own. And then need to take the girls and let one of them return the book I bought her for a new choice, since I bought the exact same book for her summer vacation. Duh. But I think that is it. My Dad is leaving today and it's supposed to be cold and rainy for the next few days. I need to find things to do inside to occupy my hands that don't involve eating. Maybe finally rearrange a few kitchen drawers. Maybe just read a good book. Reading an old one right now. A widow for one year. By John Irving. It's a bit disturbing to say the least.

QoTD: magic annoys me -- so I've got nothing. (I need to adopt Christina's attitude)

Lots of leftovers that need to be managed this week. Reminds me I need to get more small reusable containers so I can pack away breakfast/lunch size portions and freeze them for future meals. I used up all the ones I have just on left over turkey and I still have two more bags of turkey alone to deal with! 17 pound turkey for 4 people = overkill. I have yummy leftover cornbread stuffing, and I really don't want that to go to waste, but it's very calorie dense and I am not sure where I work in bites of that. I don't feel like I'm going to need to really cook all week. I could live on the leftover cheeses from various charcuterie boards stuffing my cheese drawer.

I'm up 2.5 pounds from this weekend blitz. I should try to get some exercise in. And for sure there will be no adult beverages for a while!

B: turkey and cottage cheese

L: maybe a bit of the prime rib, an ounce of cheese

D: more turkey with a salad I think.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 12/27/21 6:57 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Agree on the kids cartoons these days. Big Spongebob fan though.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 12/27/21 8:14 am - Warren, OH

Sometimes we watch Bob's Burgers, which is probably more of an adult cartoon than kids. To me, cartoons should be Mickey and Minnie Mouse. I do find the new ones totally weird.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 12/27/21 7:05 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I put scoops of leftover stuffing in the waffle maker and then I freeze them. They are great to make a turkey sandwich with or pile them with turkey and gravy for an awesome open faced sandwich. My mom loves them so if I need a quick meal for her these work out perfect. I just stick them in the toaster to reheat.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 12/27/21 7:07 am
RNY on 10/29/19

ooooooooh! Amazing idea. That's happening today! Thank you!!

catwoman7
on 12/27/21 9:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've frozen stuffing before. It kind of dries out, but it still tastes fine. But you could always put gravy or some chicken broth or something on it - or mix it with something

Greateight
on 12/27/21 6:55 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I'm on vacation this week. And nothing says vacation like a Sunday evening conference call last night. I'm sure that I will have a few more this week as people try and close things by year end. But generally, I am off.

Not a lot planned for the week. We don't leave for New Orleans until Saturday. We will leave the tree up until we go to the game. DD goes home on Wednesday, and DS and Marilyn don't drive back to Colorado until January 7th.

I am waiting for one package for Marilyn today and I think my kids might be waiting for things that they got each other. Marilyn got me a new wedding band for Christmas and we need to go to the jewelers to get that sized. Other than that mostly gym time, reading, naps, etc. Also, DD got this Harry Potter ****tail recipe book for Christmas, so I'm sure that she will be concocting things for us to try.

As expected, DS wanted to go right outside on Christmas Day and install the step-ups on his truck. I'm glad we did because it was about 52 degrees on Saturday and its going to be cold and rainy this week. We also got him 4 60 pound bags of sand from Home Depot to put in the bed of his truck to make driving in the snow a little easier.

QOTD: I've got nothing.

Breakfast: sausage and cottage cheese

Lunch: Steak

Dinner: Chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 12/27/21 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Marilyn won Christmas. The new wedding band was an awesome gift. DH got me a new workout rubber wedding band. He rinsed the last one down the drain by accident. If you don't workout with a wedding band you should look into the rubber ones. I love the one I have.

Greateight
on 12/27/21 7:18 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I have been meaning to check those out.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views