What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/15/22 11:59 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone!

I'm extremely groggy this mornin. I've been up since 12:26. So over this not sleeping well BS. Really tired of it. I need to talk to my doctor about it. I just can't continue like this.

No big plans for today. I may clean on the house a little bit and work on some chainmaille. It still hurts to do it but it also feels really good to be back at creating. I used to love making things with crystals but since Swarovski has freaked out and really restricted their use I just lost the appetite for it. I'm not even allowed to use their name if I were to sell a made piece. Plus they were nazis during WWII. I have found a few alternatives but it's still just not my favorite I guess. The piece I made in the picture at the bottom is the same piece...different sides.

Food was off yesterday and I can't say I know why. It could of been worse but it was bad enough. Hoping to reign it in today. I did make some fennel yesterday that was just so so good. Basically just fennel, salt & pepper and a little bit of onion & garlic powder. Baked it in a packet. I love that stuff! I know not everyone likes it but it's my second favorite vegetable...Brussels sprouts are my favorite.

QOTD: what's one of the weirdest names in your families history that you know of?

my paternal gran's name was Oney Moss...her and her sisters all had plant related names. My second choice would be Bertha Rosella who is my grandma's mothers name.

B: JUST egg cup with veggies, cheese and coffee

L: 3 ozs country style pork ribs, fennel and ???

D: not a 100% sure...may just be a PP shake

S: veggie puffs, yogurt smoothie(L&F) and ???

Mkess
on 1/16/22 5:08 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all!

My sleep schedule has also been messed up. I'm supplementing my couple hours at night with a nap. I have two days to get back on track. Today, I'm having a friend over to watch football and eat Chinese. I can make like four meals out of the moo shu chicken without the pancakes.

QOTD: My great grandfather was named Isador.

B: Dannon light and fit coconut yogurt, tangerine.

L: Moo shu chicken, no pancakes, no plum sauce.

D: PP shake.

S: Turkey Sausage Stick and coconut built bar bite.

Hope everyone had a splendid Sunday.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

catwoman7
on 1/16/22 6:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm meeting a friend for coffee later on this morning. I need to find the key to her apt beforehand because she's moving to the Chicago area in a month, so I need to return the key so she doesn't get charged for it (I had it because I used to cat sit for her whenever she was away). I can't figure out what I did with the damn thing - but I'm sure it's in one of my purses. Unfortunately, it's been over a year since I took care of her cat, and God knows how many purses I've cycled through since then. Guess I'll be doing a mad search this morning...

other than that, nothing on the agenda other than the usual reading and exercising. I may also try my hand at making matzo balls (and then matzo ball soup either this afternoon or tomorrow). I got a box of matzo meal from a neighbor a few months ago and still haven't done anything with it, so...maybe it's time. Looking forward to experimenting with it (I'm not Jewish, so I haven't worked with it before).

QOTD: I haven't come across any weird ones in my research. Well, I did have some great great great grandparents in Sweden whose last name was Manson, so I guess that would count! (not a weird name - but bad connotations!). Fortunately, the famous guy (or rather, infamous guy) wasn't born with that name - he was adopted by a stepfather and took the name then. So I'm not related to him (or not closely, anyway - I know in the end we're all related to each other somehow!)

I have to watch my eating today because my weight is way up. I went over too far on my calories yesterday (after a stellar week), but that wouldn't account for it. Regardless, not liking this. I'm going to be really careful to stay perfectly on track this week (which is a good idea anyway!)

B: plain skyr with cooked diced apples. Coffee with half & half.

MS: either an iced latte with SF syrup or iced tea at the coffee place

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

AS: the last piece of malt loaf with Greek cream cheese and some kind of protein (1 oz of cheese or a L&F yogurt)

D: if I make matzo ball soup, that (maybe with a couple of turkey meat balls). Otherwise, 1/2 an Impossible burger on 1/2 a slim bun plus cole slaw made with Asian-style dressing

ex: both cardio (youtube video) and strength training since I was a slacker yesterday

have a great day, all! Hope you east coasters are doing OK with all the snow! (we hardly got any - thankfully!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 1/16/22 7:47 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ My husband is an insomniac, too. Not for the same reason - pain - but he finally gave into whatever sleep he gets. He is actually sleeping much better and is no longer frustrated. I hope you get the rest you need.

Yesterday we didn't golf because it ended up raining for a few hours - I had no clue that was going to happen. It was a lovely day at home watching football with a fire, reading and I did get a little nap. It's gong to be cloudy and overcast all day today. We are hiking the hills with the dogs in a little bit. My son is coming over later and we are shopping, watching football, actually smoking that chicken from yesterday.

QOTD - I have a great uncle named King, but my favorite name in my family is my great grandmother - Mamie Pearl who I am sort of named after.

Accountability - wine and potato chips - just a handful but what was I thinking?

B- coffee, egg, leftover philly meat w/cheese

l- in and out double meat burger - no cheese, protein style

d- smoked chicken

772/75

vi****er

exercise - 2.5-ish mile hike and yoga

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Lisa91941
on 1/16/22 7:58 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Great night with friends. I did really well on food almost all day, but then had too much wine. Note to everyone. Costco has an enormous can of honey roasted nut assortment. DO NOT BUY! Pretty certain crack is one of the main ingredients. Total red light food for me I discovered last night. Could not step away from the can.

Today we are taking the RV home for cleaning and restocking. I've got to get a big grocery run done. Meeting my dad at the local lake for a week of glamping and I love to cook for him. I'll be going to work from there, so I need super warm clothing as well as office clothes. And we are getting the grand girls this afternoon so I can watch them tomorrow while the have a school holiday. I can promise I'll be exhausted by tomorrow night. They are busy, busy little girls.

Menu is sort of tbd on the fly. I'll try for good choices and portion control and there will be no wine!

Peace Everyone.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 1/16/22 9:03 am - Warren, OH

I usually lie down, tell Alexa to turn off the lights, and am asleep in five minutes. Maybe two or three nights a year that I just can't sleep and stay up all night. The rest of the time, I sleep for eight hours and wake up feeling great.

My sister named her daughter Trillion. It was in honor of the year that the national debt reached one trillion dollars. Also there was a character in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe named Trillion.

Trillion is 30 now. She says the advantage of having a really unusual name is that nobody forgets it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Juanita52
on 1/16/22 3:53 pm

I am "new" here. Not new-new but haven't been here for a long time. I'm not going to say what I ate today but lets just assume that I was a bad girl...heck I've been bad for a while now. I am going to get back on the wagon tomorrow. I am starting light with liquids for tomorrow (I have to order groceries for delivery tomorrow anyway). I've got my gallon of water in the fridge for tomorrow. I've got my protein shakes ready. I've got my herbal teas out...and I've got my chicken broth ready to go. Okay, I ate two frozen burritos with salsa and sour cream today, a Banquet Mega Meal Salisbury steak, a can of chunky chicken corn chowder soup (yes the whole can), some iced coffee (store bought). I also slept most of today. It's cold in Middle Indiana.

HW: 315 GW: 150 CW: about 230 (I don't have scales)

catwoman7
on 1/16/22 5:02 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

welcome back!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Juanita52
on 1/16/22 5:26 pm
Melody P.
on 1/17/22 12:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Welcome back! Look forward to you posting more :o)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views