What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/27/22 1:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Ooof yesterday was a long day for me. I really love the job but there are so many things that are out of compliance and there is no limit to the amount of things that need to be redone ASAP. So yesterday felt like a race against time to get some important things done. I was supposed to go to the grocery store after work, but I ended up working super late, so I didn't go. If I recall correctly, I said to myself, "that's tomorrow's problem..." Well guess what today is? I have nothing to bring to work today!

QOTD: How do you sort and deal with mail? I have gotten most of my bills switched over to digital so I don't get too much, but I hate dealing with the things that I think I need to look at and remember to do something with. I feel like I have a roving pile of mail that I move from room to room for a few weeks until I finally do something with it.

Food was on track yesterday. I almost relented and grabbed a snack in the evening at work, but I stayed strong and waited until I got home to eat dinner. As previously mentioned, I have no freaking food in the house, so I guess I am doing an accidentally Egg-Diet... I will go to the store after work and figure out dinner, then.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 1/27/22 2:09 am - Warren, OH

I have frozen dinners like Lean Cuisine in the freezer for when I don't feel like shopping or cooking. After a few days of eating those I remember how much better real food is and go back to shopping and cooking.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 1/27/22 3:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

We have kind of a deal here that Grim gets the freezer and I get the fridge...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/27/22 2:54 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone...so sorry you had such a long day yesterday JB!

My day was absolutely crappy. I'd rather not go into why but the day ended with me crying for about an hour. I'll just say this...I do NOT like being yelled/screamed at. My mom used to yell a lot when we were kids...badly. I hate it.

Not sure what today'll hold. I've been up since 1:30 so I'm hoping for not much and I'm also super groggy. Pain is at an intense level. In some ways worse than before surgery and I'm not happy about it.

QOTD: I get a lot of stuff regarding medical stuff. I have to save a lot of it. Otherwise I get very little.

B: JUST egg bowl and coffee

L: navy beans leftover from yesterday

D: hoping for the brisket burger slider today, broccoli

S: 1/2 mango, veggie puffs, atkins coffee shake and maybe a stick of cheese.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/27/22 3:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm sorry you had to deal with the Melody! My mother was was a yeller/screamer and now that I am an adult, I simply don't tolerate that behavior from anyone (and I am not a yeller). If there's something to discuss, by all means let's do it but come back when you can do it as a conversation.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/27/22 5:30 am - Amarillo, TX

I am not a yelled either. The only time I raised my voice was when I talked with my grandpa because he was hard of hearing...even then most of the time he'd read my lips.

my mom was borderline verbally abusive when I was a kid. She used to come home from work and yell at us for not doing something or another and say she wished she could run away and never come back. It's one of the defining moments of my growing up. I never wanted to play with toys much because I took that stuff sooooo to heart. I know my mom had a hard time being a single mom with little help from anyone...but that's really not a good enough excuse.

Emiepie
on 1/27/22 7:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I can relate to growing up in a house of yelling. Hated it.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 1/27/22 4:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

QOTD - everything important comes digitally, everything else gets looked at before it comes into the house and gets recycled if it's not important. If it comes in the house it gets dealt with and then shredded or filed or recycled depending on what it is. None of that applies to magazines and I have a paperbox full of magazines that I need to read before I throw them out/recycle/give them to one of the vision board people always looking for magazines.

Pilates this morning, probably will need to shovel at some point today (not expecting a lot, just about 3 inches), would like to do an elliptical too plus still a lot of work to do for tomorrow"s presentations, plus a full day of one on one style meetings so a long day ahead but it will be good and productive.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

small toasted naan with pb

yogurt or built bar

taco meat with cheddar cheese

Have a great day, everyone, Friday is just over the horizon.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 1/27/22 4:29 am

JB- I'm on the eat everything in the house before you leave diet so we don't go buy more groceries. unfortunately that included some unplanned caramel and almonds and mini trader joe's peanut butter cups before bed. It was stress anxiety driven i do know that. nothing i planned to get done before I left is getting done... other 'more' important things have come up

QOTD; the stuff i've already paid goes into a box for tax stuff. the stuff i need to pay, i schedule, then there are random things like do i want to buy xyz or subscribe to a wine club. sometimes i look at those things further. sometimes they go in the garbage.

food today:

b: coffee

unknown

s: unknown

l: rotiserrie chicken or tuna

s: unknown

d: sandwich for DH, or meatballs for both of us. He won't eat the chicken again.

s: not the caramel, almonds and mini pb cups

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Mkess
on 1/27/22 5:25 am, edited 1/26/22 9:25 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all!

Today is a busy day for me. I have a therapist appt at 1, school at 2, pain management at 3:30, then head out to the burbs to see my father with my sister. We're attending a zoom birthday party for my nephew, who is turning 2. Then, over to my mom's to figure out dinner.

QOTD: My mailbox or should I say mailslot is tiny living in an apartment. Most mail is garbage or magazines. I only get a few bills/documents a month that go directly into my office for sorting and payment.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: 3oz corned beef.

D: ?

Edited to add for accountability: like 1/2 bag of cape cod kettle chips. I went to a bariatric support group meeting through my dietician and she said this brand was 40% less fat than regular chips and ok if you really want chips. What I really heard was, 'it's ok to start buying chips again.'

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein