What's on your Tuesday Menu, everyone?

Partlypollyanna
on 5/24/22 4:01 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Nothing about this image makes sense and I kind of love it.

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I hope Monday was a good start to the week for you and we're all back at it today!

I spent the morning hanging out with my sister, nephew and his girlfriend, my niece and my aunt and then flew home; very nice, low key day with lots of laughs. I cut it closer than I like by only getting to the gate about 10 minutes before boarding but I was pulled over for speeding 5 minutes from the airport when we got there on friday so I was diligent about using cruise control on the way back. I was worried for a minute that I'd miss my flight but I was the only person in the security line so no issues. Today is back to work for me, with a day filled with 1:1s so it will be a good work day. Tonight I have virtual bookclub (The Secret Life of Addie Laroux). My PT had recommended a few day break with my working out so I'll start back into the workout groove today, I'm planning a boxing session and a weighted ball session so between the three, it will be a good evening too!

QOTD - what's your favorite taco? I used to be the very mid western - crunchy taco shell, ground beef, cheese and shredded lettuce (when I worked at Taco Bell in high School, I added nacho cheese to the bottom of the taco shell) but as an adult my favorite are barbacoa on a small flour tortilla with cheese, jalapeño and that's it. I've not made a home made barbacoa that I love yet so they are an order out treat for me.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half X2

English muffin with PB (if you use JIF PB, have you checked your shelves for the recall?)

small pizza slice

jalapeno sausage link (I found a new brand a few weeks ago at target, very spicy and good).

Somehow I am really bad about getting to my 100 oz water goal when I'm at my sisters, no idea why, her water is good so I will also be making sure I hit that today too.

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 5/24/22 4:26 am - Warren, OH

When I used to fly constantly, I learned that if I missed a flight, there is always another one that I could take. I also paid my share of speeding tickets and figured for every time I got caught there were probably 100 times that I did not. Now I am the old lady that finds myself doing 25 in a a 35 zone and having the young guys speed up to get around me.

That used to make me mad, but now I just let them go and make sure I get back up to the speed limit. The funny thing is that that they are often stuck at the next red light, and I am delighted if they are delayed at a left turn and I can pass them up going straight after they have been sitting waiting. One day I had a car rush past me and a minute later saw that a state patrol had been sitting up ahead, saw them and had pulled them over. That made my day.

I cook 98% lean ground beef from Aldi's and mix it with salsa. Then put in a soft taco shell with shredded lettuce, lots of tomato, sliced black olives, and shredded cheddar. It is what Taco Bell tasted like back in the 1950's when everything was prepared fresh. I also remember when Arby's had roast beef cooking on spits and they sliced the roast beef while you waited with a knife, not a slicer. You could pick rare, medium, or well done. Back then they also served hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick stirrer. That was our first stop after football games on cold autumn nights.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 5/24/22 7:01 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The very kind trooper let me off with a warning as a "welcome to Missouri" but I was very careful after that.

Jen

Greateight
on 5/24/22 5:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

We did a 900 foot Bear Crawl yesterday and it has left me feeling a little ursine.

Well, my son announced that he wanted to go to a friend's graduation party on Saturday. So now, not only do we not have catering/restaurant plans for graduation, we haven't really even determined when we are celebrating. Marilyn made a protective dinner reservation for Friday night in case that is the best alternative. Likely we will celebrate on Friday or Sunday. Saturday afternoon, we will have a cookout for DD, her boyfriend and Marilyn's parents, I guess.

I take some comfort in the fact that Sheila knows how I feel.

Marilyn's mother extended her sojourn for another day. I am relieved to have the house to myself, but I think that DS wants his truck back

I planned to go into the office today, but the meeting I was going in for was cancelled. I may still go in because I committed to go once a week.

QOTD: We had a lot of fish tacos when we were in Florida with the fish that we caught: pan fried fish, avocado, sliced cabbage and salsa. So now we are fish taco fans.

Breakfast: omlette

lunch: steak

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

ecm1109
on 5/24/22 5:45 am

I don't think fish and tacos should be used in the same sentence! But fresh caught and pan fried does sound pretty tasty.

I like my tacos in a small soft shell, black beans, ground beef, cheese and salsa.

B: Greek yogurt with raspberries, homemade skinny vanilla latte

L: Mixed greens, cucumber, chickpeas, tomato with olive oil and red wine vinegar

D: Taco Tuesday

Snacks: popcorn and a TJ mini hold the cone ice cream

Exercise-Dance class

Water: 80 oz is the goal, I have been meeting it at least 5 days a week, which is a big win for me!

catwoman7
on 5/24/22 6:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

they've been a specialty in Baja California for years! They eventually made their way up to SoCal before spreading all over the country. I remember years ago going to San Diego and being so excited to finally taste fish tacos! Now I can go to pretty much any Mexican restaurant in town here in Wisconsin and order them!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 5/24/22 9:18 am
RNY on 03/24/21

fish tacos are so good.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 5/24/22 7:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Do you ever roast your chickpeas and use them for crouton like crunch? They are so good.

Jen

ecm1109
on 5/24/22 8:18 am

I am not a fan of the roasted chickpeas. I do mix my chickpeas with salt and pepper and whatever herbs i have around before adding them to my salad-many times that is just dried parsley,but it is delicious.

GracielaSusana
on 5/24/22 6:27 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Where did you go in Florida? Did you do a lot of fishing?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views