What's on your Thursday menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 6/9/22 3:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! I feel this meme everyday but today for sure. I tell myself timezones are just an artificial construct and move on (maybe with some extra coffee, lol).

Qotd - do you talk to strangers? It will probably surprise no one that I am a chatter. Had a nice conversation with my seat mate on the plane yesterday. I've learned some interesting things in those short conversations!

i really have no idea about food today, they are providing breakfast and lunch; I will probably end up grabbing something quick for dinner because I have a late call with our Asia team tonight too, so it's all up in the air. I do have a protein bar and some of the mini chomps in my backpack in case the food choices aren't optimal. There will be coffee though!

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 6/9/22 4:42 am

Morning

QOTD: I'm only a chatter once I'm comfortable... Other than that I'm quiet and introverted.

Today is jammed packed with more calls. I probably need to go brush my hair and put on some makeup in case these are 'camera' zooms.

for us, packing, last minute things, getting dogs ready. and we have some company picnic tomorrow which i'm not coming in for since its over 2 hours 1 way and we are leaving early sat for trip

food is leftover things in fridge:

b: egg/egg white/cheese low carb sandwich

coffee coffee

l: unsure on this one, have to look

s: strawberries and something with protein? yogurt maybe

d: real good cheese enchilada /refried beans

s: ? prob the rest of strawberries

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Partlypollyanna
on 6/9/22 3:15 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Have a fantastic trip!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 6/9/22 4:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Not a lot in the works for me today. We have the kids for 5 hours. Tomorrow from 9 to 6:30. Ahhhh summer.

I do need to call the bariatric surgeon's office back. They left a message while we were out yesterday. They have the egd scheduled I just need to talk to them to find out. I was on hold for 40 or more minutes yesterday and never got through...it was a tad after four so I think the office staff must've left early.

I am not sleeping much at all. This morning's dosage of ketamine really threw my head for a loop. Yuck! I went for a small walk yesterday and I'm paying for it today.

QOTD: I fear talking with people...on the phone and in person. I don't initiate talking hardly ever. I hate small chit chat in doctors offices and such. I'm always afraid I'll be found out to be a fraud or something lol

the only thing planned was/is breakfast...just egg stuff.

the rest is unplanned.

Melody P.
on 6/9/22 11:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Just wanted to ad that my EGD is scheduled for July 5th and I'll have an upper GI done right after it.

I've noticed even with the meds I still get a little bit of a cough with certain food. So tomorrow I'm cutting back even more on "flavorful" food. It's such a mixed bag...I need to keep low carb but also low fat and low spice if any at all. Not many options. If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it. I'm kind of lost in a haze right now. The ketamine is helping with nerve pain and depression. BUT it is also irritating the acid/GERD and I'm getting roughly 3 hours or less of sleep a day. It is also not helping the bone/arthritis pain.

I'm just a huge mess LOL

Greateight
on 6/9/22 4:46 am, edited 6/8/22 9:48 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Up early because today is my day in the office. Actually, it is a half day because we are doing something fun tonight.

Last fall at charity auction, we won this trolley ride, so we have 14 people and we are going on a trolley ride around one of our neighboring towns. The package included gift cards to four establishments. Our first stop is to a brewery, then we go to a ciderhouse, then we go to an Italian place for pizza and apps, finally we conclude with a trip to a pub. The town is pretty small, so I can't imagine that the actual trolley riding will last for very long. But I am looking forward to it.

We need to be in the trolley at 4:45 and it concludes at 9:00. I have a meeting in the office that concludes at 1:00, so I will probably leave right after that to get home and get over to the trolley.

Still unpacking from Memorial Day/Graduation weekend: Our gym ran Murph on Saturday morning. I couldn't go since that was the actual graduation ceremony. I had planned to do it on Monday, but Saturday night one of the trainers emailed me that a group was going to do it Sunday morning, so I went with that. I stayed with my plan of doing 50 tiny sets of calisthenics (2 pull-ups/4 push-ups/6 squats) to keep moving. That definitely required some record keeping, but I wrote the rounds down on a little whiteboard and crossed them off with my sweaty finger as I went.

I ran the first mile in about 12 minutes, did the calisthenics in about 48 minutes and ran the last mile in about 15 minutes. So hard to run after those 300 squats. Also, I had a swarm of gnats follow me home for the last half mile. I wasn't fast enough to outrun them.

QOTD: Probably not surprising after yesterday's meme, but no. On the way back from Hawaii, Marilyn had this woman sit next to her that talked literally the entire flight and accidentally showed Marilyn her nudes during an impromptu tour of her Iphone photos.

Breakfast: egg sandwich

Lunch: catered meeting = probably chicken

Dinner: Pizza and apps

Have a great day all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 6/9/22 5:54 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I am picturing a drinking peddle trolley, but that probably isn't the deal here.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 6/9/22 5:56 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I think we are motorized. Did you see the pedal trolley that tipped over?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 6/9/22 5:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

YES, lol - people be crazy!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Teenie
on 6/9/22 6:45 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You crack me up. Sorry that Marilyn cannot unsee those photo's. I was at a funeral home and the grandkids were running around just bored it had been a long day and now they were exploring going places that maybe they shouldn't and their Dad yelled just remember you can't unsee stuff so if you see a corpse don't be crying to me I told you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.