What's on your Thursday menu?

Lisa91941
on 6/9/22 5:49 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Still adjusting to time changes and jet lag over here but feeling pretty on top of my game today. We have to leave in a bit to drive the RV about 100 miles for some warranty maintenance. Hard to believe we have had it almost two years! This will be the last time they will do anything about cosmetic issues under warranty, and the flooring is splitting down the middle. This must be corrected. It's unsightly and going to become a trip hazard for sure! So I'll follow my husband up in my car. Goodness knows how long they will keep the rig. Last time was more than 6 weeks. I'm hoping to have it back mid July so that we can take the grand girls on a road trip through Oregon and Washington State. If not, we'll plan something for their next school break.

Food today. On the road for breakfast so probably find a spot I can have a poached egg and bacon.

Lunch, also probably still on the road. This one is my wild card today

Dinner. I've got a roaster chicken seasoned and air drying in the fridge to pop in the oven this evening. Thinking roasted carrots and asparagus as sides.

Self imposed carb and sugar detox continues. I had a glass of wine last night, so back to zero calorie beverages with me today. I'm down two of my Paris pounds. I was up a few pounds when I left. But I definitely had a come to Jesus moment with myself on vacation. I look much healthier at 115 pounds than I did at 107. While I was determined to get back to 110 when I left on vacation, I've adjusted up to 115. I can't believe the difference in my pictures around my face and all my clothes still fit fine. So, 115 is my new goal to try and maintain. I've got 1.6 pounds to go to get there and I think that's going to feel very comfortable.

QoTD: I go both ways, but usually I am not one to instigate conversation with strangers. If I were Marilyn, the sky marshals may have been waiting for me at the gate when we arrived because I do not do well with being trapped into forced conversations and reviewing people's lives on their phones. In fact, I snapped at one of my fellow tour members on night 3 that if he put his phone in my face one more time he'd be picking it up from across the room when I slapped it. He was the picture dude -- but what really bothered me is every time some one said something like "Oh, you are going to Amsterdam!", he'd whip out his cell phone and stuff it in my face to show me all his pictures of Amsterdam, leaving me unable to enjoy the group dinner conversation. On night three I told him I didn't want to see his memories, I wanted to make my own. That didn't work, so then there was the slight b#itchy snapping at him and that seems to have done the trick. He turned out to be an ok dude after that.

Peace Everybody. Time for a short road trip!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 6/9/22 6:00 am
RNY on 08/29/18

LOL. I was sitting in my seat thinking that this woman would have absolutely driven me crazy. But then I thought that Marilyn is more outgoing, maybe she didn't mind. My first thought was correct.

Her husband was sitting on the other side and didn't say a word the entire trip.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 6/9/22 6:51 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I would have paid good money to see his face after your comment.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 6/9/22 6:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good for you sticking up for your peace. I am a talker but usually can read a situation when it is unwanted. Have a safe trip.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/9/22 3:22 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That would annoy me too but I love the "I want to make my own memories not see yours"...that's hilarious and great pointed comment!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 6/9/22 6:01 am, edited 6/9/22 12:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we have a break from the rain today, and it's beautiful out!! The rain returns tomorrow, so I'll get out and ride my bike today. I also have a follow-up appt with the cat's ophthalmologist today. I hope his corneal ulcer is finally gone, because I can't give him this anti-viral med anymore. She took him off the eye drop version of it last time (three weeks ago) and we've been giving him this oral liquid version, and he just hates it. He screams and cries every time we pick him up to give it to him. I don't blame him - I've gotten a little of it on my lip a couple of times (when he spits it out), and it's HORRIBLY bitter, even though they put chicken flavoring in it. It tastes like 10% chicken and 90% bitter. If she wants us to continue it, I'll get the pill version. He's horrible to pill, but it's got to be better than this.

I also have a ton to do with my class (which I love) and a ton of reading for other things. Plus I want to star****ching the films for my film class that starts in 1.5 weeks, but not today. I at minimum need to get caught up with my current (music) class (have done a week's worth of work the last two days, so at least I'm up to this week and just have to get caught up on the last three days). This is such a great class that it's not bothering me at all to spend hours a day on it! He's teaching another class in the fall (it's a 20th century African American history class - not a music history class), and I'm pretty sure I'm going to take it. I've heard that class is terrific, too.

QOTD: sometimes - especially if it's awkward when I don't (e.g., when I'm alone with someone - like on an elevator). I'm generally an introvert, but I'm semi-OK with small talk.

I'm feeling fat and bloated today due to that lunch out yesterday (I never used to have problems eating out the first couple of years after surgery - but it's gotten so much harder recently. Sometimes the only thing I can do to avoid it is to just not go!!). One of my film discussion groups is meeting over lunch tomorrow, so I HAVE to stick to my plan today. Getting out on my bike for a couple of hours should help, too - not only does it burn a lot of calories, but it keeps me away from the refrigerator!

B: plain skyr with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: pulled chicken with BBQ sauce

AS: either L&F yogurt with a teaspoon of tahini mixed in, or a Wasa cracker topped with tuna/chickpea salad

D: I need to use up some grape tomatoes - thinking of improvising on some pasta dish I saw in the NYT the other day - pasta mixed with cottage cheese, grape tomatoes, mint leaves, cinnamon - can't remember what else. As long as I don't gorge on the pasta, I should be OK (although I usually can't eat that much of it - it sits in my stomach like a brick. About a half cup of pasta is about all I can tolerate, normally)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 6/9/22 6:35 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Jen and Menuers,

Sounds like you had a good flight Jen glad to hear that and your safe. Enjoy the coffee. What city are you in? I hope it is not cold and rainy like it is here.

I think I got and easy day. Besides wanting to take a walk at lunch this may be a mild day. I already have a few more than normal orders to process for a Thursday but when you work straight commission it is a blessing.

QOTD: To a fault. I have changed peoples minds in stores over purchases when I knew they would get better deals at other places. My husband thinks people don't want to talk to me but I say if they don't they can walk away.

Accountability: I had a salted caramel and chocolate covered banana

TSS: 4 years 5 months 29 days: 153LBS, (Lowest 129.4) Plan to be back in the mid to high 130's by July. (So glad I did not put a year in this statement)

B: Coffee with SF WONKA WHIPPLESCRUMPTIOUS FUDGYCARAMEL CREAMER,

MS: Premier protein Café Latte and berries

CB: Coffee with SF WONKA WHIPPLESCRUMPTIOUS FUDGYCARAMEL CREAMER,

L: : Cheesy onion chicken bake and snack select.

D: Ground beef Taco bowl.

Exercise: 3.1 mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 1x a week

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 6/9/22 8:11 am
RNY on 11/21/16

So jealous of your SF Wonka!! It's a ghost where I live. I've checked everywhere and online too.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Teenie
on 6/9/22 11:50 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Even Target and Walmart? Are you in a state that you can not get involved in contest to promote products that might be the issue in CA.

Amy Liz
on 6/9/22 11:59 am, edited 6/9/22 5:00 am
RNY on 11/21/16

No, neither store in my area and I haunt them. Kelly sent me a pic from her Target - a shelf full of them! I may just take a road trip and surprise her, lol. We are both in CA. I can find the regular, just not the zero.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics