What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 7/20/22 4:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

This is a true story about trail mix, at least in my world!

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday!! The number of times I had to remind myself yesterday was still only Tuesday, and that it was Tuesday all day, was disturbing. But at least now it is Wednesday!

We had a suggestion to do before and after photos -- let's do them tomorrow as a Throwback Thursday -- I know not everyone is into the before & after so any throwback photos will fit the theme! We've seen a few great old pictures in the last week so bring it all on!

QOTD - would you rather our new alien overlords be robotic or organic? I don't want robot aliens, I would always be wondering who invented them so I'm going with organic life forms.

Menu today

coffee plus half and half X 2

tbd on breakfast

lunch cheese stick and yogurt

dinner - left over casserole (I ended up mixing a few different recipes yesterday so thank you all for your help - it was ground beef, my last freeze bag of chopped green chiles, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cream cheese and then whatever shredded cheese I had in the fridge. Creamy beefy goodness!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 7/20/22 5:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin Jen and everyone!

My day looks to be semi-busy. We have a load of kids books we're taking to the thrift store. My cousin was supposed to pick them up yesterday and didn't even call to let us know she wouldn't be coming by. We are already in a pretty strained relationship and this was the last straw. If she didn't want them that's all she had to say. We don't like being gaslighted. So that really hurt my mom's feelings. I feel so bad for her...some of our extended family just sucks and she takes it to heart even though they are rotten ****ty people. My mom isn't a perfect person by any means but she is the best person I've ever known. She'd give anyone all that she had if they needed it. She genuinely cares about people and that's all people( more than one raging racist a-hole in our family unfortunately). Sorry to go off on that tangent but I needed to get it out!

We may or may not have the kids today. I wish people cough cough my brother, we're better at communicating things...all things. LOL. They have gifted and talented cam this week. Saturday they are leaving for Yellowstone and I'm completely jealous.

I do have a question for those that might know about eBay..specifically selling on it. My mom is wanting to sell some of the collectible things she's accumulated. Lots of old glass things and odds and ends. We even have a wicker pig from a Mexican artist, Mario Lopez Torres, that's supposedly worth 1200...we got all or most of this stuff from the thrift store. Just looking for tips and suggestions!

QOTD: hmmm definitely organic matter. All I can see when you said mechanical is the matrix movies. LOL

we got up to 109° yesterday so no cooking was done! Looks to be to hot to cook today too.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee...also 1 cup of fruit loops

L: salad and ???

D: may do something in the instant pot. I kind of want egg roll in a bowl now...LOL

S: rice cake with a slice of cheese and roast beef, 100 calorie popcorn and maybe unsweetened apple sauce.

I saw this and had to share this mornin!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/20/22 6:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hopefully Supershopper will see this. She knows all the things online selling!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 7/20/22 5:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning! Definitely feels like a Thursday. I think I could eat my body weight in trail mix.

QOTD: I'd go the organic life forms too.

TSS: 7 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal , turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, baby carrots, SF pudding and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, a peach and yogurt

D: Trader Joe's breadless eggwhich, toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1541 Protein:121 Carbs: 131 Fat:62

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

GracielaSusana
on 7/20/22 5:36 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD: I'll go with organic life forms, hopefully beign. I don't like the thought of overlords, not that we don't already have something like that in place.

Yesterday was my annual Medicare wellness check. It's just an activities of daily living survey and they check your memory. I am always afraid I will forget what they told me to remember. My memory is terrible any more, but I did pass. I did get to discuss some of my ongoing mobility issues and got more ologists referrals.

MENU. Watermelon, watermelon watermelon. There is a large one I will cut up today. After that chili, and a chicken broccoli casserole I made.

lmfontana4
on 7/20/22 7:13 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I feel the same about memory challenges...can i really remember but I think it is often a matter of paying attention to details. Just not listening or seeing.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Mkess
on 7/20/22 5:39 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Humpty Day,

Last night, I had a productive conversation with my siblings about the next step of moving my father into a nursing facility. I feel a little better and less overwhelmed about the process.

QOTD- overlords? Never. Everyone knows that Americans are running this galaxy.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine. TJ Cold brew, sf vanilla, Coconut milk.

L: 1/2 turkey burger, avocado.

D: 2 chicken skewers.

S: 100 cal popcorn.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

catwoman7
on 7/20/22 5:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

less heat and humidity today (yay!), but the wind is really going to pick up around 11:00 am, so I'll do an early bike ride. The next few days don't look to conducive for biking (heat and humidity again starting tomorrow), so this may be my last chance for a few days. Other than that, not much up - although I have lots of stuff I can get caught up on (films for my film groups and my class - and reading for both classes).

QOTD: well, neither - but of the two, I'd go with organic!

B: Scottish-style scone with clotted cream and lingonberry preserves, L&F yogurt with raspberries, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: grilled peach topped with vanilla Greek yogurt

AS: ??? maybe some of the tomato/cucumber/red onion salad I made yesterday and a Baby Bel cheese thingie?

D: Indian bean curry (still haven't made this - and I need to today since the soaked beans are still in my fridge - I don't want them to rot!!)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 7/20/22 7:16 am
RNY on 03/24/21

what is the difference in scottish style scones and other scones? I looked at pictures but other than the shape what are the other differences?

Indian bean curry sounds yummy. What kind of beans do you use?

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 7/20/22 1:25 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Scottish ones are plain (as in no flavorings - although some have dried fruit in them) and have almost no sugar, so they top them with butter or clotted cream + jam. They're almost more like a biscuit, but denser. I wish there was a way to make them healthier (like you can with muffins), but no - I guess I could add unflavored protein powder to them, but they need the butter and flour, unfortunately. Oh well - if I just make them occasionally and work them into my eating plan for the day, I'm good...

for the curry, I've used different kinds of beans, but usually kidney + black lentils (I get the latter at Indian - or Asian - grocery stores)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?