What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/25/22 2:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Hey! So nice to catch up with everyone yesterday. It was great to hear that everyone is hanging in and doing things they love (...this includes Jim and his new hobby as a swinger, haha).

I had a funny day yesterday. I mentioned that I was going to see my mentor. She is much older and, although she is still about a million times more active than me in every way, she does forget things, gets mixed up here and there, and her grasp on technology is...weak. A few weeks ago she had her first stroke so I am worried about her, generally. I went over there yesterday (1+ hour drive each way) because she needed help to post something on Facebook, haha. Anyway, I got there at our scheduled time and her doorbell call system didn't seem to be working. So I called her cell. Nothing. Home phone. Nothing. Text. Nothing. Her car was in the driveway, so I started to panic that she had another stoke and needed me to barge in and save her life. I was outside for 30 minutes panicking and trying to decide whether to call the cops for wellness check when she called me and said I was in her book for tomorrow! She was at her pilates class, then had physical therapy, then lunch with a friend, and couldn't come home now. Needless to say I was thrilled she was alive but hella annoyed that I spent hours sitting in the car for no reason on my first day off. We're going to try again today. Fingers crossed.

I came home and decorated about 8 billion cookies. I was on a roll and didn't take break from 1pm - 8pm. I need to do the same today to get myself caught up with orders. I'm thrilled to have so many orders, but I am definitely overwhelmed and feel a little disorganized. I hate feeling disorganized!

Accountability: Decent. I obviously didn't have that super healthy veggie lunch, I assumed I would be having with my friend, and I replaced it with one of those salami, cheese & crostini kits. Not the worst choice but not the best either. And my plan for long walk/jog turned into a short slow stroll.

QOTD: Do you have a hard time staying focused on tasks? I actually have the opposite problem and I hyper-focus on things and can't get myself out of what I am doing. I used to so this at work all the time which is how I would accidentally work from 5am - 8pm without remembering to eat, all the damn time. And it was why I couldn't stop decorating cookies until I literally dropped last night. I am going to have to work on this because my work schedule at least gave me some context clues that everyone else had left... I'll pay Grim to smack me out of it. What am I saying? He'll do it for free, I am sure :)

B: Fit Frappe Mocha in my hot coffee & 2 egg whites w/ diced ham

L: Insides of fish taco leftovers

D: Rotisserie Chicken

Exercise: Elliptical

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 8/25/22 3:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay for it being a bit closer to the weekend! Busy day ahead for me but I'm giving myself a bit of a break this evening, I don't have any place to be and I'm taking an exercise rest day. It's going to be awesome, I can tell already!

QOTD - no, I am very focused; I grew up in a very loud chaotic household so can pretty much focus through anything. We did some personality tests a few years ago for work and one of the observations was that out of everyone, I could be in a high traffic area because I could completely tune things out unless I wanted to pay attention. Unfortunately, I cannot remember I single time I have forgotten about food, though.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

left over bunless burger

I picked up some ready made empanadas over the weekend so I need to eat them, there are two so probably one for lunch, one for dinner

L&F greek or popcorn for evening snack

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 8/25/22 4:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I can work in high traffic areas, too. It has to be really dramatic around me for me to lose focus. A few weeks ago there was a meeting down the hall that got loud. Lots of yelling and people crying (have I mentioned how happy I am not to work there anymore?). I had to have another coworker come into my office to ask what was happening before I even tuned into it!

Have an awesome night off :)

lmfontana4
on 8/25/22 8:38 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I can focus when I am reading a book that I really like. Also tune out co-workers, even when they talk to me directly. I do like some quiet when I am working on school work or other complicated thought processes, but overall I have the ability to focus and ignore those around me making noise (much to my family's dismay at times).

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/25/22 3:47 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning!

Glad your friend is okay. That's not a fun way to spend any part of your day. And I bet your kitchen smells amazing from all the baking. Congrats on all your orders.

I'm sitting around sipping my protein shake and cooling down from exercise.

Yesterday I had another NSV. Last year when I took my current role, there was a department get together. I didn't come in that day but went to get a grab bag the next. They included tees that only went up to a size XL. I was solidly fitting a 3X and would have liked a size bigger for room. So that shirt has been hanging in my closet. Well. I forgot about the size and pulled it out yesterday since I've been scavenging for sizes...and it fits! Yay! I'll take it.

Today I have a performance conversation. I'm supposed to have decided what I want to be when I grow up. I've worked at this company for over 20 years and still don't have a good answer for that. I'm also not trying to climb the corporate ladder and run the world. Some teams seem to think that's a problem. Will be an interesting conversation since my boss has been with us for only a few months.

QOTD - both, actually! Ever since delta last summer I have huge brain for issues and problems with mental acuity. Re-read the same paragraph for 10 minutes and it still won't make sense. And the sometimes I can rabbit hole for hours on things I'm super interested in. Go figure.

Menu

Planted protein shake

Low fat cottage cheese

Nonfat Greek yogurt

Ricotta bake with extra protein

Light tuna pouch with a mashed laughing cow and hot sauce. I hope. I keep not making the tuna part.

Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 8/25/22 3:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Performance discussion as in scheduled review or performance discussion as in they think there's a problem? All organizations NEED talented individuals that are happy to continue to advance their skill sets to keep up with the changing demands but not necessarily want to go to management. We talk about "professional track" vs "management track" and both are important!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/25/22 4:21 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Ah, good point. It's part of my company's required mid-year process. We're supposed to have ongoing performance feedback so no one is surprised at the end of the year. We tried taking away the formal paper mid year, which I backed enthusiastically since it's mostly a check-the-box exercise, but this leadership rotation seems to like box-checking. There are definitely things I can improve but this isn't a "bad" discussion, to my knowledge. That would be a first!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Queen JB
on 8/25/22 4:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good luck with your convo today!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/25/22 9:34 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Thanks! It's over - box checked. I'm always that person asking for active feedback. I was given some things I can improve on, and I don't disagree with them. Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, though...

catwoman7
on 8/25/22 5:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I never had any desire to move up from the position I had before I retired. I was perfectly happy where I was at and had zero interest in a management position. I'm sure some people might have thought that was weird, but why change when I was perfectly content (and into what would likely have been a stressful position?). No thanks. So I can relate - you are fine!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics